Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournmouth 2 - 2 Charlton - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite] it's such a pity that Anyinsah can't stay 100% fit - I'd much rather see him paired with BWP up front

Not sure about that. They are both 5'8'' , which is why personally I don't really see them as a pair. You need a much bigger target man alongside BWP, and I fully understand why at 6'3'', Powell prefers Nouble to Anyinsah.
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]... there is no serious choice but to allow Powell to build his side over the summer and start again next season.

Jolly good call - because that's what is going to happen. Of the 18 players in our squad today, I'd say only seven will be here next season, so that's 11 new players to come in plus replacements for Jenkinson, Benson and McOxo, all absent today and about to become permanent absentees this summer...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]
    Bassone looked awful - long time since I have seen a player as bad as him.
    Perrett did very little.

IMO both these statements are very harsh.
  • Options
    There's extended highlights on the football league show, Bournemouth should definitly have won but there was great committment by the team to get away with the point, defending was pretty appauling for the goals as usual.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Oh dear where do I start Elliot at fault for first goal

Bit harsh isn't it? The highlights show that Racon sliced an attempted clearance and Elliot tipped it onto the bar. What else could he do?
  • Options
    Compared to recent performances it's an improvement. Players diving in for challenges and giving their best. It's all you can ask. Fact is we're not good enough and maybe now people can see that Parky did incredibly well to keep this team in the promotion hunt. God knows how! We probably owed the point in the main to Elliot and BWP. We need a better squad without doubt. I think most of us would have settled for a point out of each of the last two games. It's the previous games that have been do shameful.
  • Options
    Didn't go but Ketman is always spot on for me from experience
  • Options
    We have stopped the rot!!!!! At least we have shown a bit of fight. Just shows how far we have fallen that we have got so excited by two draws. 0 wins in 10 games, oh dear. Oh well we are nearly safe from relegation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Oh dear where do I start Elliot at fault for first goal but saved us in injury time.quote]

Utter tosh to blame Elliot, just seen the game on TV. Racon spooned it and Elliot dived and tipped it onto the bar, Solly did not react quick enough when it came back off the bar, to blame Elliot is ridiculous!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]The last two games do at least indicate that Powell has been able to stem the blood that was flowing from our numerous wounds but obviously 0 wins from 10 games is still a poor return.

Still, points against two teams in the Play Offs is a decent return and we now need to finish the season as strongly as possible to give ourselves a platform for next season.

I am still angry at the way we fecked our season by sacking Parkinson at the time we did but there is no serious choice but to allow Powell to build his side over the summer and start again next season.

The last thing we need is yet another new manager.

I don't see what difference it makes how we finish this season if there are going to be big changes in the summer. We'll all be starting the new season on 0 points.
  • Options
    Two draws against two better sides I'll take.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I must have been at a different game a I thought we played pretty well

On another day we could have lost by 3 or 4

No inconsistencies there then Golfie, we played well and could have lost by 3 or 4 ? :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Strange that Doherty replaced Bassone with 5 mins to go & went up front, leaving us 3-4-3 and hanging on desperately.
    Is this correct & was it a good idea as it seems perculiar to me ?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    edited due to being unfunny
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    full stop
  • Options
    Elliott was at fault for the goal, he looked like he was wading in mud trying to get back for it. Saying that he more than made up for it with the ridiculous saves he was pulling out at the end.

First half we looked good. Parrot just seems to want a bit too much time on the ball but he seems a very good player and think he will do well with a run of games under his belt.

With the chances Ballmouth had I would take a draw all day long.

On my way back absolutely hanging, hope I don't need to pull over to chuck my guts up.
  • Options
    Plaayer you paint such a lovely picture of your journey home.
  • Options
    It's worse than that mate, I'm sat next to Redarmyse7 for 3 hours!
  • Options
    Just watched the extended highlights on the box this morning...due to being somewhat 'pixxed' last night as b'day celebrations went into full swing...especially after us getting a draw.
    How we did not concede in the last 5 minutes was just unbelieveable....but we dug in...had some luck, plucky defending and Elliott in inspired form.
    Pity we couldn't hold on just after we had scored as I think we may have seen a homeside start to lose confidence, but it was joke defending again!!
    Perhaps we have started to turn the corner after 2 draws against 2 top 6 sides....but I feel its a turning circle the size of a giant cruise liner at sea thats been told to return to dock!!
    I'm hoping that Tuesday against Rochdale will continue this 'turn' and we can turn 1 point into 3..but once again I would have to say I would start NE over Waggy and Anyinsah over Nouble....wouldn't mind seeing Stewart start either, I think he could grab hold of midfiled an area we seem to be struggling in at present.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]It's worse than that mate, I'm sat next to Redarmyse7 for 3 hours!

Christ thats enough to make anyone want to chuck up.
  • Options
    Having watched the FL show, when they scored their second goal, I thought it was a definate foul on Wagstaff and shouldn't have been allowed to stand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parret was a class above anyone on the pitch...
  • Options
    Looking on the telly highlights early on in the build up for our second a defender flattened a b'mouth player and unbelievably the ref played on

Some great blocking by elliot he's quite big when it goes straight at him !
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    A top drawer save from robbie in the first half onto the bar was brilliant
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]Looking on the telly highlights early on in the build up for our second a defender flattened a b'mouth player and unbelievably the ref played on

Some great blocking by elliot he's quite big when it goes straight at him !

Yes, Dailly flattened him. We got away with that one.
  • Options
    We were too lucky yeaterday!

Just on our way back now, still a bit shocked that we got anything from that

Great day out however and would love if anyone could give us the words to the ambrose takes it up the ar*e song! Was absolutely quality!

Also, the 'we got over excited' chant in the second half was a cracker!
  • Options
    Joke defending yes but certainly not helped by constant loss of possession in the flaky midfield. All very tentative (under/over-hit passes)... it's easy to say they are all poor players (a few clearly are!) but I think most of them are really no worse individually than the opponents who have been running us ragged recently; they're simply fearful about what lies ahead.

Even worse was the pre-match burger in the 'Bistro'... surely past its sell-by date but we were starving. The good news is that no one honked!
  • Options
    I was happy with that point. Much better again from recent performances and at least we had 11 committed players out there who gave their all. Yes they have their flaws but as long as I feel they have given their all then I'm happy win, lose or draw. People say Bessone was poor. Yes he was BUT that is the first time he has played two consecutive games for us and he is returning from a few injuries. Give him time, I think he is going to be a decent player and I hope we sign him permanently. If he plays the last 9 games I think you'll see improved performances as he gets fitter but unfortunately we have to let him do it whilst in the team. Same with Solly, not great but been out for months and only his second game back, he too will get better and stronger. Dean Parratt, may go missing occassionally and appear not to be involved enough BUT when he gets the ball he's either going forward with it or making a forward pass and then going forward looking either for a return pass or to get on the end of something. Once again, only his third game and I've seen enough to make me feel he's got something and has something to offer us long term. Again having to learn whilst in the team. Add Nouble and that's four players either acclimatising or recovery from injury. In effect we are having to carry them a little whilst they get up to speed. Not a problem for me if it's going to benefit us long term. Just wondered where Stewart was as I was hoping he'd at least be on the bench. Talking of the bench, do we really need 2 centre halves and a right back on it ?

Of the others not mentioned Elliot was outstanding, Dailly had a better game, Llera had a poor game, Semedo was Semedo, Racon had a decent game, Waggy did ok, BWP was getting frustrated again, who can blame him, but was dropping deep for the ball, making himself available at throws and scored so did his job well.

Yes we clung on for a draw thanks to desperate defending and Robbie and no we didn't deserve it BUT I thoroughly enjoyed it and if you were there and didn't then I'd suggest that a) you shouldn't bother going again and b) you obviously wern't at Dag and Red and MKD as then you would have had something to complain about.
  • Options
    Good summary, Large.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Large , do you think Bessone could be an Anyinsah equivalent , ie good when he plays but how often is he going to play?

I thought it was strange having 3 defenders on the bench?

I thought Batman did a great job running down the wing ....

What was the reason for the fancy dress? stag weekend?

A massive improvement on Dagenham.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Firstly, to blame Robbie in any way for the first when it was actually a terrific save is bordering on the ridiculous- He couldn't have expected Racon to try to lob him and the ball went quickly and he reacted superbly. We needed Francis there to head it over rather than Solley who isn't too hard to out jump. Robbie was very good on Saturday and I know that the Bournemouth fans were cursing him having stayed with Bournemouth supporting friends over the weekend.

The lead up to our second was definitely a foul by Dailly but thankfully the ref was up to the usual standard we get in the division and we benefitted for a change. Bournemouth were complaining Waggy's goal was handball but that was a bit desperate - didn't touch his hand at all despite being messy.

Part of the problem for me was down to the poor run. As a result, we were definitely happy for the point and because of this allowed Bournemouth the imputous. They wanted 3 points more than we did but I think it is a weakness for us when we defend too deeply and always look likely to conceed. They tried to get forwards, put qulaity balls in to the danger areas (something we rarely seem able to do). Fletcher is 38 and was taken off because his tank was empty - yes he caused us all sorts of problems when he was on though.

I'd like to see us start with Ecclestone, Anyinsah and BWP up front and we need more movement from them and the midfield - I don't think this is unfeasable and then I think we can really turn the corner.