Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell: We can deal with League One again

2»

Comments

• Options
    We are watching matches at Hartlepool, MKD, Exeter etc when we could be going to Pompey, Ipswich, Leicester, Derby etc.

Dag & Red the other week was an all time low.

There is now an excellent chance to storm this division next year, but we have to recruit properly in the Summer so that we avoid the "loan trap" later in the season. Get players on board who want to play for Charlton (like Nicky Bailey who said "this is a dream move for me"), who have realistic ambitions and want to achieve them with Charlton. We don't want any more old-timers, washed-up ex superstars, etc.

IMHO we should keep Elliot, Waggy, BWP, Jacko, maybe Reidy and Solly. Hard to make a realistic case for anyone else - thinking about the short to medium term.

Discuss.........
  • Options
    Oh you mean the joy of loosing!........

The fans who turned up because it was cheap! , and walked out before the end...
    And Spurs...... well at least it was a day out to remind us of our past!.

Quite what a FA cup game has to do with league one I am unsure, still I am glad you are enjoying it, good luck to you!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]
    IMHO we should keep Elliot, Waggy, BWP, Jacko, maybe Reidy and Solly. Hard to make a realistic case for anyone else - thinking about the short to medium term.

Discuss.........

From this list, Elliot, BWP and Jacko. Add Dailly, thats about it!!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I quite enjoy league one.....

Please explain, quite what is there to 'enjoy' at this level.......

It's difficult to explain. It's not the football i enjoy or the fact that we are struggling but everything else gives me the feeling of REAL football.

Small grounds , Standing up , opposing fans you can talk to , New stadiums ( if you can call them that) , No fans turning up at the Valley who have no interest in Charlton , being a big fish in a small pond . Lots of little things really. Having said all that i still want us to get promoted.
  • Options
    fair points beddsy
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Bournemouth is a nice place to visit this time of year too. The negatives outweigh the positives though.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    beds forgot to add not getting dicked 4-0 by london rivals but having close tight knit games like the recent derbys against brentford and the daggers
  • Options
    and the officials are pretty pony and tend to lean towards us 'bigger' teams so i think we get the rub of the green on decisions
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]beds forgot to add not getting dicked 4-0 by london rivals but having close tight knit games like the recent derbys against brentford and the daggers

I think I'd rather be losing to Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea than Brentford, D&R and Orient.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Prefer the Valley when we are in a higher division , as thats the only time the stadium gets filled regularly , and the crowd gets a bit more vocal , prefer the away games in this division , as we get more points, than we would in the Prem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the officials tend to try to hard to prove they don't lean towards the bigger teams and it goes against us rather than for us on the whole. Funny how we all se ethe same things so differently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mendonca In Asdas[/cite]Prefer the Valley when we are in a higher division , as thats the only time the stadium gets filled regularly , and the crowd gets a bit more vocal , prefer the away games in this division , as we get more points, than we would in the Prem.

Actually, I have to confess that the odd away game that I go to it is noce to feel like a big club taking almost as many fans as the home crowd have.

I'd still rather be in the Premier League or the Championship though.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It was bad enough thinking we'd be in this division for one season.

Just get promoted. Don't care how. Long ball, bribing officials, 18 loan players, I don't care, just get us up.
  • Options
    The board and CP have obviously agreed together with this stance. So what can we do about?
    Nothing just accept it - were only supporters!
  • Options
    It's difficult to explain. It's not the football i enjoy or the fact that we are struggling but everything else gives me the feeling of REAL football.

Small grounds , Standing up , opposing fans you can talk to , New stadiums ( if you can call them that) , No fans turning up at the Valley who have no interest in Charlton , being a big fish in a small pond . Lots of little things really. Having said all that i still want us to get promoted.
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]It was bad enough thinking we'd be in this division for one season.

Just get promoted. Don't care how. Long ball, bribing officials, 18 loan players, I don't care, just get us up.

Good try Beds, good try, and each to his own! but as henry puts it ' just get us up'.......
  • Options
    can never accept div 3 henrys spot on whatever it takes breaks my heart bieng div 3
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I gave up on the play offs a while ago but it suprised me that Chrissy said he was unsure whether to settle for the draw or try to win it after our equaliser on Saturday. We are 12 points behind Bournemouth in 6th with a game in hand and 7 behind Orient in second and still to play them at the Valley. Surely 3 points against the Cherries would have made the play offs a possibility so suprised we didn't go for it. We still wouldn't have made them, but as others have said- we can give up but whilst there is a chance, the players and management shouldn't be giving up. If we win all our remaining games we probably would make them - it won't happen but surely Chrissy needs to target this and not settle for a draw tonight.

Anyway, playing for a draw after we equalised made us more vulnerable to defeat IMO against Bournemouth.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]I gave up on the play offs a while ago but it suprised me that Chrissy said he was unsure whether to settle for the draw or try to win it after our equaliser on Saturday. We are 12 points behind Bournemouth in 6th with a game in hand and 7 behind Orient in second and still to play them at the Valley. Surely 3 points against the Cherries would have made the play offs a possibility so suprised we didn't go for it. We still wouldn't have made them, but as others have said- we can give up but whilst there is a chance, the players and management shouldn't be giving up. If we win all our remaining games we probably would make them - it won't happen but surely Chrissy needs to target this and not settle for a draw tonight.

Anyway, playing for a draw after we equalised made us more vulnerable to defeat IMO against Bournemouth.

When he stuck the Doc up front on Saturday I thought he did go for it tbf.