Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

much much better football under powell!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nothing "jammy" about it mate - all planned, just this time it worked out!

Richrd 1, Albert, Mitre, Galleon, Gipsy Moth, Coach & Horses .

Are you the man with the stamford bridge/st andrews links that time?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: swords_alive[/cite]Crowds are holding up around 15k too which is positive

Yeeah okay, let's call it 15,000. ;-)

Point taken! What i should have said was i expected a lot less against southampton and O's than actually bothered. Nothing like winning games to bring numbers through the gate but better football keeps my interest for now at least
  • Options
    Point taken mate _ but do you have sexy boots?
  • Options
    I have come to a decision in my head, give Powell the close season, friendlies, see who stays or goes, see who comes in during the summer, then I will give him to Halloween/Bonfire night next season (you have to have a marker lol) and if we are not at the very least in a play off position at that point, then he has to go, until then I have switched off all debate and comment.
  • Options
    It's unequivocal for me. The intent to play a more pleasing style is obvious in my humble opinion. Not always going to work because of some of the personnel involved but the CP additions have made a difference in that respect and Dailley is now trying to surge out of the defence running into midfield which is something we never saw before. Bessone, Parrett, Nouble and Stewert are all very happy with the ball at their feet add to that BWP who scores goals and those PP players worth persevering with and the kids then I think we are in a better footballing place than under the former regime. (league posn aside - D'oh). Few good signings over the summer and I am hopeful of a successful and entertaining 2011/12 season.
  • Options
    No point in playing pretty football if you can't defend and lose more than you win. There are just as many problems now as before so the acid test comes when he gets his own players in to strengthen.

Playing effective football that gets results will put more bums on seats than playing ineffective pretty football. By effective football I am not suggesting long ball kick and rush etc. You have to win the right to play decent football by competing as a unit and giving the opposition no time or space. We do both at the present give lots of time & space.