Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WATFORD AWAY - VG DEBATE RE-OPENED

Comments

• Options
    I put £10 a month in because I can (no kids etc)
    However, I can't get to every away game because my husband would leave me!

But I have no problems in not getting a ticket to an important game if someone who has been to every away game that season beats me to it.

But have been glad of my VG sometimes & so have others around me ;-)

Plus I know I'm gonna win that £20k some day ;-)
  • Options
    I have changed my mind on this Valley Gold lot taking up away allocations which further dilutes the atmostphere away from home which is what I used to think happened. I now instead think we just have pants fans who don't sing instead, just my opinion mind.
  • Options
    I always sing
    On my own usually
    I scare children.................apparently!
  • Options
    totally agree kets
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]whoever said if you are not VG you are not a true Charlton fan is a dick.i woz vip and don't get any priority anymore

Please take a chill pill - This is an ongoing debate that's been discussed till the cows come home. I'd have thought that most posters on here would have noted the irony of content. Obviously this went over your head but I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely

Mr V G Solidgone (VG for years and deserve priority ticketing)
  • Options
    Unfortunately I have not seen this debate before but I do feel that V.I.P holders should always have some priority as they were instrumental in gettin us back to the valley
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Whether the youth systems churns out good kids (and large you are the one telling us about Bearsley (sp?) and Arter being prospects) and if VG should be used for away tickets are two seperate arguements.

For the record I put the idea for a loyalty scheme for away allocations (50 pts ST, 50 pts VG, 5 pts away game in London, 10 pts away game outside London) on the record before a recent Target 40,000 meetings. While some people felt it was a good idea Rick Everitt didn't on the grounds that we'd never need it, it was all about younger fans complaining about "flaskers", fans wouldn't be patient enough to wait 30 seconds to give the ticket office their membership no. and the ticket office staff couldn't cope with the "extra work" of recording it on the database and the IT system couldn't cope.

Other than the first point I disagree but even if we never or rarely need it I still think there should be a way of recognising the top away fans and rewarding and proritising them while still keeping VG an important part of that.
    And do we really fans the most impatient fans, the most incompetent ticket staff and the worst IT system. No, don't answer that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] Rick Everitt didn't on the grounds that we'd never need it, it was all about younger fans complaining about "flaskers", fans wouldn't be patient enough to wait 30 seconds to give the ticket office their membership no. and the ticket office staff couldn't cope with the "extra work" of recording it on the database and the IT system couldn't cope.

Civil Servants answer, sod the one good reason, find 20 little niggles to kill it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Whether the youth systems churns out good kids (and large you are the one telling us about Bearsley (sp?) and Arter being prospects) and if VG should be used for away tickets are two seperate arguements.

Basey, and yes Arter, are good prospects and Josh Wright. Whether any will break through is another matter.
  • Options
    I have more faith in Pard's bringing a few kiddies through then I ever did Curb's.............don't ask me why?

Seems to me, whoever gets the tickets, don't always create the atmosphere we all dream of.

But then, we aren't the only team guilty of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll stand at the back of the queue. Simple reason is that if it sells out it will be dull dull dull. Like Norwich, Reading, Arsenal............
  • Options
    I have been to 7 away games but have only got 5 stubs.

A fair system could be like this...

People with stubs from 5 away games with 2 from Wigan, Bolton, Boro, Newcastle should have the first chance.

Then people with 5 games with two of the following ; Sheff Utd, Forest, Pompey, Villa etc

Then Reading, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Fulham etc

Then Season Ticket Holders

Then Red Card members

Then if any left general sale.
  • Options
    But that's why stubs is a poor system. THis is the 21st century, why can't we use an IT system like everyone else. That's why we have Necter cards instead of Green Shield stamps (or if you are as old as me your co-op divy number. Yes we were poor but we were proud but you try tellling the kids today that and......)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]But that's why stubs is a poor system. THis is the 21st century, why can't we use an IT system like everyone else. That's why we have Necter cards instead of Green Shield stamps (or if you are as old as me your co-op divy number. Yes we were poor but we were proud but you try tellling the kids today that and......)

Fair point Henry, but the cynic in me suggests that we have Nectar so that the organisations who subscribe to Nectar can market us with the stuff we are likely to buy.

Automated swipe cards as home season tickets storing all the ticket purchases

Only way to go
  • Options
    .......anyway, whats wrong with saying "tickets go on sale on this date at this time" if you want one enough you'd get down there early and you couldn't make it you'd get someone to go queue for you.
  • Options
    Of course that is why we have nectar but any good organisation should know who it's loyalist customers are and reward them as well as marketing specifically to them (special flasks and blankets, cut price mental health checks, that sort of thing)

Swipe card would be good but expensive. In the short term you have a membership no. so when ever you buy an away ticket, or anything else, the system logs it so we know if you have bought a shirt or if you went to Bolton. No need for ticket stubs and a fair and open system that means the mouthy guy from Woolwich slagging off the old couple will be shut up when the old dears say "I've got more loyalty points than you young man now sit down and shut up or I'll make you look like a F******** butchers shop, you C***" ;-)
  • Options
    borin ell, aint we done this already!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Rick Everitt didn't on the grounds that we'd never need it, it was all about younger fans complaining about "flaskers", fans wouldn't be patient enough to wait 30 seconds to give the ticket office their membership no. and the ticket office staff couldn't cope with the "extra work" of recording it on the database and the IT system couldn't cope.[/quote]

hmmm spoken like a man who has absolutely no worries whatosever about getting away tickets for any match he fancies
  • Options
    I agree with the principle Henry, however we have got the stub system at place and that seems the fairest system to use for Liverpool and Watford away. These two will probably be the most in demand.
  • Options
    the mouthy guy from Woolwich slagging off the old couple will be shut up when the old dears say "I've got more loyalty points than you young man now sit down and shut up or I'll make you look like a F******** butchers shop, you C***" ;-)

Stunned!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so for example...when we go to away games, its usually en mass. one person picks up 5 tickets say. for example, buckshee, les says, me, rothko, inspector sands.

does the 1 person buying all those ticket reel off everyone's red card number or membership number, or does the person buying them, quote their own and therefore get a brownie point for their record.

so when one of the other 4 want to buy a more sought after game, there is no proof that they were at bolton away on a tuesday night cos their mate got their ticket.

how do you get past that?

i've always kept my stubs, so that'll do me for now.
  • Options
    "does the 1 person buying all those ticket reel off everyone's red card number or membership number"

yes but how long will that take you, bit of paper with the numbers written down, give to ticket office person who types them in. 30 seconds maybe.
  • Options
    erm...you don't ring up and speak to them that often do you!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    the mouthy guy from Woolwich slagging off the old couple will be shut up when the old dears say "I've got more loyalty points than you young man now sit down and shut up or I'll make you look like a F******** butchers shop, you C***" ;-)

Stunned!

LOL - lighten up. You'll be moving to Sidcup next. That was always my dad's line about the butchers shop. Except he was still saying it to 17 YO kids when he was 70. They would look at him and then look at me and my two bothers (all over 6ft )standing behind him and move on.
  • Options
    Then Henry this leaves the system open for people to quote their mates number to help them build up points. E.G A non regular traveller who is not fussed about the points and decides to goes to spurs away quotes his mates number to help him build his total up. What is the club's strategy then ?

Thanks
    PH
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]erm...you don't ring up and speak to them that often do you!

OK, 30 second per membership number then. Other clubs do it so it can't be impossible and our ticket office staff not being quick enough aint a good reason.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

LOL - lighten up. You'll be moving to Sidcup next. That was always my dad's line about the butchers shop. Except he was still saying it to 17 YO kids when he was 70. They would look at him and then look at me and my two bothers (all over 6ft )standing behind him and move on.

This site needs smileys! :o)
  • Options
    i just don't think its that foolproof to be honest, like palace hater says.

I think there are better and fairer ways, how they are put in place, i dunno, but other clubs have done it, can do it, and have done for a fair while.

i think the club looked at the ticket office/computer system a couple of years ago. with the intention of getting it up to scratch, not making it for the future. ie. they're behind before it was even installed!!!!!
  • Options
    Most clubs have the points system, Reading/Citeh etc do it, and people can do it on the multiple application.

If Mancs can do it, so can we
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]Then Henry this leaves the system open for people to quote their mates number to help them build up points. E.G A non regular traveller who is not fussed about the points and decides to goes to spurs away quotes his mates number to help him build his total up. What is the club's strategy then ?

Thanks
    PH

Off the top of me head there's always going to be that problem but the non regular guy is missing out cos when it comes to cup games etc he's going to be even further down the queue. Would you say "well, don't mind missing out on a league cup semi-ticket so I'll let me mate have my Spurs points." Just the same as when I was shopping in Boots with a work colleague. She asked if she could get the boots points for my purchase on her loyalty card. So It happens already and I'm sure that trick is used at other clubs but it doesn't undermine the principle. And you mate is only getting five points.