Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WATFORD AWAY - VG DEBATE RE-OPENED

13»

Comments

• Options
    On a lighter note Henry, seen how well our local team are doing.

Made another couple of decent signings by the looks of things. Top of the league and got to the 1st round of the cup. Not bad eh.
  • Options
    i have scrolled to the bottom of this cause
    "i've 'eard it all before,
    i've 'eard it all before,
    i've 'eard it all, i've 'eard it all before,
    NOW F**K OFF i'll ask a question.

if i spend £10 joining valley gold now, does that guarauntee me the chance to buy a watford ticket for £10.
    then can i cancel if i don't win £750 at the following home match.

do i qualify for a ticket as i still have my bank account with the woolwich that was opened when i joined the junior reds in 1983ish.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Most clubs have the points system, Reading/Citeh etc do it, and people can do it on the multiple application.

If Mancs can do it, so can we

manchester city issue credit cards for tickets for away fans! we're years behind them!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i just don't think its that foolproof to be honest, like palace hater says.

I think there are better and fairer ways, how they are put in place, i dunno, but other clubs have done it, can do it, and have done for a fair while.

i think the club looked at the ticket office/computer system a couple of years ago. with the intention of getting it up to scratch, not making it for the future. ie. they're behind before it was even installed!!!!!

Agreed the IT system has its flaws but other clubs do it, as the Woolwich wonder says. There will always be flaws and there will always be a degree of unfairness. What I'm suggesting is that a least people can see how to get up the priority list and know what they have to do. If people aren't bother about the points as I can't be bothered to remember to take my nectar card everytime I shop then so be it.

Next year, Colchester away (they're going up BTW) with 900 tickets will everyone be happy that anyone with VG gets priority even if they have been to no other away games? Or would you rather have it that the club can say these 900 people have the most loyalty points cos we have a record of their ticket purchases. They can claim their tickets by Friday and then they go on sales to ST and VG holders.
  • Options
    Woolwich Wonder! I like it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]On a lighter note Henry, seen how well our local team are doing.

Made another couple of decent signings by the looks of things. Top of the league and got to the 1st round of the cup. Not bad eh.

too true. Went to Gillingham and was at Irving Lane last week for the 3-0 v Tonbridge. Now they have bought the ground they could really go somewhere. I was told by their secretary that they only need another few turnstiles to meet conference ground requirements. And decent football as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]i have scrolled to the bottom of this cause
    "i've 'eard it all before,
    i've 'eard it all before,
    i've 'eard it all, i've 'eard it all before,
    NOW[strike]F**K OFF[/strike]i'll ask a question.

if i spend £10 joining valley gold now, does that guarauntee me the chance to buy a watford ticket for £10.
    then can i cancel if i don't win £750 at the following home match.

do i qualify for a ticket as i still have my bank account with the woolwich that was opened when i joined the junior reds in 1983ish.

Don't know but Wendy Perfect will tell you the answer wendy.perfect@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    was only joking henry.
  • Options
    I heard that next season if they go up they will put a cover on the side terrace. Will make the ground pretty impressive.
  • Options
    Sorry Paul Bacon - missed that one completely. Been a long week.

Palacehater, not heard that but the new lounge is impressive. As good as a lot of league club if smaller.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The club doesn't give a sh1t about away tickets. They get noting from selling them, however the money that VG brings into the club is a different matter. The club include the VG money in the budget for the academy and would rather £120 per year going to them in stead of another club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    No need for ticket stubs and a fair and open system that means the mouthy guy from Woolwich slagging off the old couple will be shut up when the old dears say "I've got more loyalty points than you young man now sit down and shut up or I'll make you look like a F******** butchers shop, you C***" ;-)

That almost inspires me to go back to Karate, so that I can steal that line a few years from now.
  • Options
    Can't believe this old pony has come round again so soon after the last time it was flogged to death.

Has anyone not gotten a ticket for an away game they wanted to go to this year? No, didn't think so.

Pointless discussion.