Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton up

2»

Comments

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    Still 3 teams to visit the Valley this season but Brighton are head and shoulders the best so far and I've seen every home match except Dagenham and Redbridge in the Johnstones Paint.

A well deserved promotion and I'm pleased that Kish has won something in the twilight of his career.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]As someone who supports not just Charlton but football itself, I can only applaud the way in which Gus Poyet has taken Brighton into the Championship, especially just as they move into their new Stadium. They murdered us with good football at the Valley, and pretty well everyone else at the Withdean. Best of luck for next season.

Totally agree with Granpa. By far the best team in this awful league and brave enough to play proper football.

Guess where they finished last season though?

13th.
  • Options
    They were but they also had a manager that came in and improved them. They were threatened with relegation whilst we were threatened with promotion - difficult to draw any comparisons.
  • Options
    Good luck to them. As mentioned above, the best team in the league by far. And the thing is, most people predicted they'd be strong this season.
  • Options
    For next year at Falmer:

16,500 season tickets sold
    2,000 corporate tickets sold

A club massively on the up. Wouldn't be surprised to see them established in the Premier League in a few years.
  • Options
    Good times for seagulls, big new stadium, playing good football and promotion, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the prem in a couple of years. Attractive club for players too - nice place to live, close to the smoke. I can only see good things in store for them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I've seen every home match except Dagenham and Redbridge in the Johnstones Paint.

Contender for the "Martyr" section of the Supporter of the Year award ......?

;o)
  • Options
    Shame we don't have a resident Brighton fan on here to read this thread.
    Good club with plenty to look forward too.
    Fair play to them.

Instead we get a clueless Saints fan, and the sparrows lane inbred.
  • Options
    Well done Brighton; they did it in style playing football that makes me dream of what might happen in SE7.....

Thoroughly deserved. Really pleased for their fans given the trauma the club has been through in recent years - it couldn't happen to a nicer club and their fans have been suffering the same sort of agonies that ours did during the Selhurst years. I see them going from strength to strength and good on them. Always liked BHA and it's a shame that we'll have to wait a while before we get to visit their nice new stadium there on the South Downs - I love a day out at Sussex by the sea!

Hope Saints and Hudds/Posh go up with them - not because I like any of those teams, but because I don't want the competition for us next year (he says optimistically).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Episcopal-church-float.jpg

there already dancing in the streets of hove..
  • Options
    We'll be promoted in a year's time :) just you wait..
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Good luck to them. They thoroughly deserve it. They've shown every other team in this division that it CAN be won by playing decent, attractive football which will leave the cloggers in their wake. They certainly taught us a lesson. Hopefully Powell can build a team this summer that can emulate them and bring the good times back to us. Also glad to see they've at last got somewhere they can call home. The stadium looks fantastic. I pass it once a month and you can't help but look at it.

Wish them all the best, until we meet them again