Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barcelona Vs Real Madrid 4 times in 18 days

Comments

• Options
    To be fair, there were far more actual (not to mention vicious at times) fouls than attempts to con the ref. But Mascherano making a meal out of going in with Adebayor for a challenge was pretty pathetic.
  • Options
    Two down, two to play Jose ahead, but its the important ones to come next
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Two down, two to play Jose ahead, but its the important ones to come next

Actually I think the next two aren't as important, weirdly. I think Real just wanted a trophy, any trophy, and anything on top is a bonus. The Champions League will come, I'm sure, Khedira, Ozil and Di Maria are still very young and they are willing to spend big to get there.

Champions League winners this year will be Schalke ;)
  • Options
    Mourinho is doing what he did at Chelsea at Real, win a cup, get the mentality into the club, and build from there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Two down, two to play Jose ahead, but its the important ones to come next

Actually I think the next two aren't as important, weirdly. I think Real just wanted a trophy, any trophy, and anything on top is a bonus. The Champions League will come, I'm sure, Khedira, Ozil and Di Maria are still very young and they are willing to spend big to get there.

Champions League winners this year will be Schalke ;)

I think it will be Madrid, sadly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Ramos dropped the Copa del Rey off the top of the bus

Its not called the Cup now , its called The Plate

PMSL
  • Options
    Enjoyed the game and glad Real won; but as a spectacle it wasn't a patch on Arsenal v. Spurs the other night.

I admire Barcelona's quality but despite that I get mighty hacked-off watching them writhing around like girls every time somebody breathes on them.
    Alves needs to be bitch slapped, and the whitest man in Spain needs a slap for constantly whining to the ref and waving imaginary cards.
  • Options
    *Ding-Ding*

Round 3..................
  • Options
    It's embarrassing to watch so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just switched on for the second half: What happened at h/t ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableoldgit[/cite]Just switched on for the second half: What happened at h/t ?
    Massive "brawl" by the dugouts. Barca's sub keeper sent off.

Barca don't need to be cheating scum - they're good enough without it. Pep's learnt nothing from playing against a Jose team set up like this from last year.
  • Options
    Have to say a combination of the referee, Alves up to his usual and Barcelona hounding the referee led by Puyol who is always at it have just ruined the game when it was just heating up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Have to say a combination of the referee, Alves up to his usual and Barcelona hounding the referee led by Puyol who is always at it have just ruined the game when it was just heating up.

#Iblametheroyalwedding......
    ;-)
  • Options
    51 this season......Messi !
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh my giddy aunt, that is a fucking great goal
  • Options
    Oh my giddy aunt, that is a fucking great goal
  • Options
    Worth watching just for that Goal.
  • Options
    Great goal but it's a shame that now both semi's are all over without much to be decided in the second leg.

Real going to the Camp Nou 2-0 down without Ramos (might be a blessing) and Pepe anchoring the midfield which has seen Real trump Barcelona in their last two meetings. Mourinho likely to be banished from the dressing room as well (staff bans in UEFA competitions extend to giving teamtalks as well as appearing on the touchline). All over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ronaldo went missing again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Ronaldo went missing again

Mourinho's anti-Barcelona tactics are like a millstone around his neck.
  • Options

Not a team player is he, unlike Messi.
    Is it too soon to put Messi up on the same pedestal as Best, Pele, Maradonna I wonder.

Crap game lit up by his wonder goals
  • Options
    Until the sending off I thought Real were getting into the game, Mourinho is right, Barca get some decisions others don't
  • Options
    Jose will probably hide in the laundry basket again to circumvent the ban, although I think it's gonna be mission impossible even for him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]

Is it too soon to put Messi up on the same pedestal as Best, Pele, Maradonna I wonder.

To be honest I hated Ronaldo in England for his arrogance, his cheating, was overrated in his early days but now I honestly think he is every bit as good as Messi overall but from a completely different perspective.

Ronaldo must be sitting in that dressing room thinking oh how I wish I had those creative feet and minds that Messi is surrounded by.
  • Options
    Was there anything to the rumoured Messi + £XXm for Ronaldo deal when he was at Man Utd?

What a goal!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Until the sending off I thought Real were getting into the game, Mourinho is right, Barca get some decisions others don't

I agree but I suppose some would say it's Barca's time for it to be that way around. It was a shame tonight though, poor officiating, players throwing themselves to the floor, niggling, shoving, hounding the referee's every move... only Messi (and Afellay in his assist for the first) gave the game any light.
  • Options
    The first 75 mins of that game was total dog shite.
    The 2 teams, but especially Barcelona were a disgrace to the beautiful game.
    The match wasn't dirty, it was just the pathetic play acting. Players rolling over backwards and forwards, feigning injury, often holding their face, when there was no contact, with the face.
    Reminded me of foreign football from the past. Didn't think it was so prevelent these days.
    Now I know why I rarely watch foreign football.
    Messi graced the last 15 mins, but that aside, a complete disgrace.

I hope Man U win the final & I don't even like them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]

The yardstick is can Messi be Charltonised ???