Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fortune poised to make most of first team opportunity

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8975327.Fortune_poised_to_make_most_of_first_team_opportunity/

Comments

• Options
    What's happened to Llera, thought he'd done alright.
  • Options
    Llera is injured
  • Options
    Come on Jon, roll back the years - prove you've still got it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Come on Jon, roll back the years - prove you've still got it!

I think you'll find that applies to quite a few of us, Mr Saga !

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Come on Jon, roll back the years - prove you've still got it!

I think you'll find that applies to quite a few of us, Mr Saga !

;o)

Well I never had it! (footballing skills that is).
  • Options
    I think he struggled today
  • Options
    Really? Thought he was solid enough. He had a nightmare moment in first half. Apart from that thought he was ok. Huddersfield showed what can happen when you have a decent big man up top
  • Options
    We need a completely new back five. None of the current are good enough to win us promotion. Would keep Solly but hope he's not our first choice right back and would keep Dailly and Llera also as backup. Fortune along with Docherty, Francis and Bessone should be shown the exit. We also need to sign an experienced GK for the same reasons as above. Elliot would suffice as cover.
  • Options
    That wasn't what you'd call making the most of your chances.
  • Options
    few ok moments but a truly shoking clearence that went out for a throw in, ok as backup but not first team for 11'12 season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a shame, but his best days are long behind him now. Looks a shadow of the player he once was.
  • Options
    The Doc has one more year left on his contract. The others nada.
  • Options
    Really? He was always prone to the 2 minute lapse of concentration that would undo his good work for the rest of the day. Today was no different.
  • Options
    i dont know what's wrong with him but he is a shadow of the Prem player I remember.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]i dont know what's wrong with him but he is a shadow of the Prem player I remember.

Got old and never regained fitness since his injury a couple of seasons ago
  • Options
    He's not old Kap, and neither is Doherty for that matter, compared with Christian Dailly but Dailly is still better way better than both of them. All three played in the Premiership in 2003...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]He's not old Kap, and neither is Doherty for that matter, compared with Christian Dailly but Dailly is still better way better than both of them. All three played in the Premiership in 2003...

and all three signed on free transfers as no one else wanted them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]i dont know what's wrong with him but he is a shadow of the Prem player I remember.

Got old and never regained fitness since his injury a couple of seasons ago

Nothing to do with age really, Kap.

Fortune ripped his achilles tendon in that Palace match, a career threatening injury.
    He seems never to have had quick feet or ability to turn sharply since.

It's a shame for him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]He's not old Kap, and neither is Doherty for that matter, compared with Christian Dailly but Dailly is still better way better than both of them. All three played in the Premiership in 2003...

And you know that because ......???
  • Options
    As always the News Shopper coming out with a story that is not a story.Clear off and cover Palace.

As sad as it may be Fortune is past his sell by date and we need to move on very quickly at the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

OK maybe not doherty, but how late was dailly signed? and fortune joined on a non contract basis first as no1 else wanted him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]As always the News Shopper coming out with a story that is not a story.Clear off and cover Palace.

The article quoted Powell at the official club press conference, which takes place every Thursday afternoon.
    What part of that is not a story?
  • Options

OK maybe not doherty, but how late was dailly signed? and fortune joined on a non contract basis first as no1 else wanted him.

So, you made it up then? You don't KNOW, it's just a guess.

Maybe Dailly had other offers - after all, he or his agent probably didn't just sit around all summer with all their eggs in one basket - but decided that he didnt want to move again and so took our offer. Maybe Fortune had other offers but wanted to come "home" to an area where his friends and family were. Maybe that's all rubbish, but then I don't KNOW.

What I do know though is that some people seem to relish taking every opportunity to put the boot in on my club. Not saying you always do - I don't know - but it F****** annoys me.
  • Options

So, you made it up then? You don't KNOW, it's just a guess.

Maybe Dailly had other offers - after all, he or his agent probably didn't just sit around all summer with all their eggs in one basket - but decided that he didnt want to move again and so took our offer. Maybe Fortune had other offers but wanted to come "home" to an area where his friends and family were. Maybe that's all rubbish, but then I don't KNOW.

What I do know though is that some people seem to relish taking every opportunity to put the boot in on my club. Not saying you always do - I don't know - but it F****** annoys me.

None of us KNOW - but what has lead me to my conclusions is simple, as I stated dailly and fortune came in very very very late, now I dont know whether they were unable to sign for anybody else for any other reason or just the fact they didnt get any offers, its just strikes me the latter is the more likely, now in Daillys case I think he's been a fairly solid signing and prob the best we could manage, but we will soon be 2 yrs on from that time and he is starting to become a little bit of a liability - 3 reds in 1 season all (well 2 cant remember if I saw all three) for violent conduct says it all.

And I take offense by being branded as 'sticking the boot in' on MY club, take up your argument with someone who doesn't commit a large portion of their time, energy and funds going to games and following the team.

Take it up with numptys who wont let a dead dog lie who constantly slag off the team who forget we're in league one for a reason.
  • Options
    "and all three signed on free transfers as no one else wanted them"

As I said, you were making it up because you don't know. Glad we agree.
  • Options
    Couple of iffy clearances yesterday but he made some important blocks and tackles as well, he also looked more mobile than he has done so far this season
  • Options
    I'm sure if you go through the summer threads last year there was talk of Dailly talking to other clubs - I think Bristol City was one, again here say.
  • Options
    Fortune poised to make most of first team opportunity....... then he did not really take it ! His first half display was poor.
  • Options
    Dailly was on holiday which is why he didn't sign or agree a contract till late. He doesn't have an agent he negotiates it himself. This I KNOW :0)
  • Options
    be very surprised if we sign fortune - been here all year and hasn't looked up to it, not sure why he suddenly would be