Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What are your plans for St.Georges day?

I fancy a little river cruise!!

Comments

• Options
    I'm going to moan about how this country does nothing for St Georges Day but bends over backwards on March 17th......... That's what SGD is for isn't it?
  • Options
    When is it?
  • Options
    chirpy I'm pretty sure the SGD or singapore dollar isn't for moaning!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I'm going to moan about how this country does nothing for St Georges Day but bends over backwards on March 17th......... That's what SGD is for isn't it?

Damn, I have to agree with Chirpy again.

[cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]When is it?

Same day as Shakespeare's birthday
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]When is it?[/quote]

This Saturday mate
  • Options
    QPR are playing at Cardiff and could win the league there! Great times to be a QPR fan.

A pub near me is doing free pie and mash after 5pm, it would be rude not to...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I'm going to moan about how this country does nothing for St Georges Day but bends over backwards on March 17th......... That's what SGD is for isn't it?

Same day as Shakespeare's birthday the anniversary of Shakespeare's death.
  • Options
    birth, death, all part of the great circle of life.

(both actually but you knew that)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]birth, death, all part of the great circle of life.

Urban myth, his date of birth is unknown.
  • Options
    SGD and Easter Saturday on the same day :)

Black & white themed party for me although nowt to do with SGD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]birth, death, all part of the great circle of life.

It's a lovely sunny day, I'm cool so just chill out, man.

(baptised 26 May, birthday estimated to be 2 or 3 days before. By custom then babies were baptised quickly due to high infant mortality and belief that unbaptised children went into limbo.)
  • Options
    On a boat.

PS anyone watching the series about Celtic history ? is being done by the Scotish guy who does coast, well worth alook.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

It's a lovely sunny day, I'm cool so just chill out, man.

(baptised 26 May April, birthday estimated to be 2 or 3 days before. By custom then babies were baptised quickly due to high infant mortality and belief that unbaptised children went into limbo.)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]On a boat.

PS anyone watching the series about Celtic history ? is being done by the Scotish guy who does coast, well worth alook.

Neil Oliver ... didn't know about this so will catch up on iPlayer ... cheers
  • Options
    Regarding Shakespeare's birth and death dates etc, someone told me something once which did actually check out. Unfortunately I cannot remember the full details but it's something like this..... Shakespeare was born, and died on 23rd. If you go to the 23rd book of the bible, then to the 23rd psalm and then count 23 words back you find the word SHAKE and from the same point, if you count 23 words forward you fine the word SPEAR, or something like that! It did work when someone originally told me. Anyone else know this one?
  • Options
    Chirpy just tried this with my Bible and 23 words back found the bol and 23 words forward the word lox------!!!! sarf London bible tho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Chirpy just tried this with my Bible and 23 words back found the bol and 23 words forward the word lox
    !!!! sarf London bible tho.

lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Regarding Shakespeare's birth and death dates etc, someone told me something once which did actually check out. Unfortunately I cannot remember the full details but it's something like this..... Shakespeare was born, and died on 23rd. If you go to the 23rd book of the bible, then to the 23rd psalm and then count 23 words back you find the word SHAKE and from the same point, if you count 23 words forward you fine the word SPEAR, or something like that! It did work when someone originally told me. Anyone else know this one?

Further research found this - He was born on 23rd April and died on 23rd April. So thats 2 x 23 =46. If you look at the 46th psalm in the King James translation, the 46th word from the beginning is "shake" and the 46th word from the end is "spear." Interestingly, Shakespeare was 46 when the translation was made in 1610!
    Weirderer and weirderer.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Regarding Shakespeare's birth and death dates etc, someone told me something once which did actually check out. Unfortunately I cannot remember the full details but it's something like this..... Shakespeare was born, and died on 23rd. If you go to the 23rd book of the bible, then to the 23rd psalm and then count 23 words back you find the word SHAKE and from the same point, if you count 23 words forward you fine the word SPEAR, or something like that! It did work when someone originally told me. Anyone else know this one?

Further research found this - He was born on 23rd April and died on 23rd April. So thats 2 x 23 =46. If you look at the 46th psalm in the King James translation, the 46th word from the beginning is "shake" and the 46th word from the end is "spear." Interestingly, Shakespeare was 46 when the translation was made in 1610!

2ivjgra.jpg
  • Options
    I will be dressing up in green and drinking loads of Guinness while listening to Foster and Allen and carrying a Pig under me arm!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bristol anyone?
  • Options

Same day as Shakespeare's birthday

And my Wedding Anniversary - in St. George's Church, Coventry (many, many years ago)!
  • Options
    Wearing Burka and sandals all day to celebrate
  • Options
    Celebrating in Bexley after a fry up and a game of football .
  • Options
    is trax open? didnt it kick off there last year?

me, wake up, full english, bit of gardening then rest up for a massive family party, its a combined 40th 50th and 80th all my family are going, think its at a rugby club on mayday gardens, expect to see glasshalf empty there too.. dont forget matt !!! son is at other grandparents and crashing at my folks so expect to totally munted by 10pm..
  • Options
    Celebrating it in a central London pub probably. Its my sisters wedding anniversary too so should go well.

Went to Bristol last year so I'm not too fussed about missing it this year.

SGD acknowledgment has improved in recent years but until I see a dyed in the wool Irishman drinking a pint of London Pride while wearing a big floppy red and white hat on the banks of the Liffey I will refuse to ever to do any 'celebrating' on March 17th!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

[img][/img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2ivjgra.jpg

Does that mean his real name is 'Shakespear' then?

Not like the Bible to spell 'speare' wrong.

Whatever a 'speare' is ....
  • Options
    If it's true surely that's effing close enough!

'Kin hairsplitter!
  • Options
    Bristol hooters will ding dang do
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    See being drunk thread ; )