Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Signing Eccleston

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Personally i would love to see charlton sign him however how much would he cost? would he come? would we want him?

Would you sign him?

Comments

• Options
    too much, no, yes, yes
  • Options
    on talent yes!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    He's always created problems for the opposition every time he has played. He's wasted a few chances but also taken his fair few, I feel we've wasted his loan here really shame as I think he is a big talent with a good future in the game
  • Options
    Not going to get near the Liverpool first team next season so I imagine he will go out on loan. Having said that I think he will go to a club much closer to his home and family than Charlton are. Pity because he is a very exiting prospect.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered_End_Lad[/cite]too much, no, yes, yes

agree with all that!
  • Options
    seeing as Chris Powell has preferred playing Nouble instead of Ecclestone for the past month, then I'm afraid we could be stuck with Carl Leaburns younger brother !!
  • Options
    Leave little Leaburn out of this :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Leaburn[/cite]Leave little Leaburn out of this :(

Lets hope so.
  • Options
    I can't see Liverpool letting him go just yet. They must rate him or they wouldn't have used him in the europa league
  • Options
    I can't help feeling that if we had done a bit more to actually look after him, a 19 year old kid, than park him in some soulless hotel, we might have got more out of him (and vice-versa).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, was out fault he was sitting in a hotel for so long!

Would love to have him here next season, as long as he knows he's a winger not a striker.
  • Options
    The problem is that we didnt play him and that is criminal considering our form and his ability.
  • Options
    Agree he is a great option as a winger who can interchange with the strikers

He isn't strong enough to be a striker yet but he certainly has talent
  • Options
    Liked the look of him on the wing today. Up front Powell was completely right not to play him as he can't play with BWP.
  • Options
    Considering he hasn't played much, has been living out of a hotel on his own and the general vibe you get from his twitter, I think he will be back in Liverpool as soon as it is hhumanly possible for him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]I can't help feeling that if we had done a bit more to actually look after him, a 19 year old kid, than park him in some soulless hotel, we might have got more out of him (and vice-versa).

We parked him there initially but then found various appts and flats for him to look at and for some viewings he failed to turn up whilst at the same time moaning on twitter than he was stuck in a hotel. Know for a fact that a certain person responsible at Sparrows Lane bent over backwards to help him so don't feel the Club are to blame in any way for that situation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]The problem is that we didnt play him and that is criminal considering our form and his ability.

This
  • Options
    Why would he want to re sign for us, we have let him spend most of the time on the bench he will want to go somewhere that will give him first team football
  • Options
    Why would he want to re sign for us, we have let him spend most of the time on the bench he will want to go somewhere that will give him first team football
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On today's showing, what a waste to have had him sidelined for so long. He has pace, adventure and great instinct and it was positively contagious. Have a few players like NE in the side and it raises everyone's game. Even though it sometimes feels like it, we don't need a complete clear out of players... just a few thoughtful signings. Today was at least a step in the right direction - far more fluid through midfield.
  • Options
    He's a cracking player, deserved to play far more often than he did for us this season. I think his heart is in Liverpool, he love it there but if we did manage to sign him I think it would be a massive indication of intent.
  • Options
    Agree with the general feeling above. Absolute travesty that he's played so little and a complete waste of time for him and us. We could have been in with a chance of getting him back here next season, not a hope now. One of my principal bugbears with how Powell has handled things.
  • Options
    No Chance
  • Options
    No chance of signing him, he's going to be a top top player. Should have played far more, but he is the type of player who gets sacrificed when a manager is under pressure and not getting results. Hope he turns it on until the end of the season and then has a change of heart about next season.
  • Options
    Not playing nathan eccleston is probably the only real critisim i have had of powel this season. He is class.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    But as with almost all of the criticism of Chris P, it is based on ignorance.

If CP is trying to build a team for promotion next year, why include a player who will be no part of it?
    The logical approach, the one CP took, is to see what the players we are more likely to have next season can do.

Do these CP critics really think he doesnt play good players without good reason?
    Some Charlton fans really are only happy if they are sending out withering myopic criticism on topics they clearly dont fully understand.
  • Options
    If CP is trying to build a team for promotion next year, why include a player who will be no part of it?
    The logical approach, the one CP took, is to see what the players we are more likely to have next season can do.

A fair point, Floyd. But surely equally as relevant is that until the last few games, we have always been in touching distance of a play-off place. In many of those games where if we had won we had moved up the table, NE has sat idly on the bench as a substitute either not coming on or just playing the odd 10 minutes or so.

It was obvious from the cameo performance Ecclestone put in against Plymouth when coming on as a sub that we had a real talent on our hands. I obviously don't know all the facts about his stay since that day - maybe there are reasons behind the scene that have meant he has not played more - but from a purely footballing perspective, the fact he hasn't played more - particularly in a right wing role - doesn't show SCP up in the greatest light.

In the light of his experience, it's hard to see anyway NE would want to come back here next season. If he doesn't establish himself at Liverpool next season, I can actually see him moving permanently to somewhere like Everton or Bolton.
  • Options
    With respect, if you and I can see his talent, do you really think CP CANT see it?
    So doesnt it suggest there must be a reason why he didnt play more?
  • Options
    No chance of him staying .

If Liverpool make the Europa League he will play in the early rounds and the Carling Cup.

Like last season and this season he may be let out on loan in the January window