Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Signing Eccleston

2»

Comments

• Options
    From Football Rumours, so total rubbish but Eccles mentioned at bottom.

Would bite yer hand off for £0.5M.

25 Apr 2011 18:49:40
    Liverpool have got money to spend next season £20m from Standard Charter
    £25m from Warrior sports sponser (biggest british kit deal)
    and and 56 million for outgoing players
    liverpooll will spend big next summer bringing in
    IN:
    A.young 20m
    s.downing 15m
    baines/clichy/enrique 13m
    g.cahill 15m
    C.adam 11m
    maybe mexes 16m
    and another striker . .
    and liverpool will sell big
    OUT:
    J.cole 10m
    m.jovanovic 7m
    c.poulsen 5m
    a.aquillani 17m
    Degen £1M
    El Zhar £5M
    Insua £3M
    Jones £1m
    Konchesky £2M
    Eccleston £.5m
  • Options
    He is talented but not got the knowledge to play through the middle as yet, but very good when roaming around from the wide positions. Thing is when we are poor he does not get the ball enough and is therefore a passenger, at the moment we are playing better and so he gets a chance to shine. When we were poor it was right not to play him and is definitely the right thing to play him now as well
  • Options
    The Aquillani figure is what Liverpool paid for him, theres no way they will get that back, so i assume the figures are completely unrelated to what they would actualyl want for the players..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MattD[/cite]The Aquillani figure is what Liverpool paid for him, theres no way they will get that back, so i assume the figures are completely unrelated to what they would actualyl want for the players..

can't see £2 mill for Konch either
  • Options
    Joe Cole 10m !
  • Options
    To be fair CP is only trying to build a team for promotion next season as the current lot completely ballsed up a reasonable chance for promotion this season. We needed Eccleston in the team every week. Wagstaff has had about two above average performances since Christmas. What we got was splinters in his arse and 5 minute cameos. Feel sorry for him. Might have an attitude but he'a hungry and offers something different at this level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Joe Cole 10m !

I had a little accident when i read that one. ;-)
  • Options
    Eccleston reminds me a bit of Scott Sinclair, don't think he'll be quite good enough for Liverpools first team but given the right club and play to his strengths he could tear up the CCC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]As long as he knows he's a winger not a striker.

This
  • Options
    His spell here was a bit of a waste but when our season was over I can understand why CP played others in front of him. A Sunday paper reported up to 30 in and outs at Anfield, so perhaps he will be in market. 26 capped squads means better quality foreigners, so kids likely to get less chances, despite Figs's best efforts. Spurs in Europe may affect Parrett's chances there also.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I could afford him and tempt him, I'd sign him. I like his technical attributes and I'm fairly sure his attitude (on the field) is ok too.

Not sure about his position....he has done ok on the wing but also played well at centre forward v Rovers, linking really well with Benson and his midfielders (before having to move to RW after the 1st red card) and the way he put that header away yesterday showed what he could do in the box. Could develop into one or the other but too early to tell and depends on who he would be partnered with up front.
  • Options
    Im sure Mexes is available on a free aswell!
  • Options
    If we signed Eccleston, he'd rapidly become another Kyel Reid. Such is our way.
    I think this big time charlie will find a Championship club next year.