Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carl Jenkinson

13»

Comments

• Options
    Personally, I don't get why people are booing him before he has even left, what if he changes his mind and stays, what if he rejected the initial contract from us as they offered him a pittance and he feels that he could get a better deal elsewhere. The Arsenal link is speculation right now, it all came from rumours and myth, there may be a contract in Arsene's hand with Jenko's name on it, there may not be, none of us know for sure. There have been rumours that BWP might be off in the summer, fuck it lets boo him too, if there's a rumour he's off he must be, FACT.

There are some right pillocks around sometimes
  • Options
    if we are to get £1.5 million for him and he is to be loaned back to us for next season (which is my understanding), then i'd say that isn't a bad deal as we can concentrate the funds in a different / arguably more vital area of the pitch. Two sides to every story of course but maybe the loaning him back to us is a recent development and hence his reappearance on bench? Maybe Wenger's position at Arsenal has changed in the last month and he's ready to walk? Maybea policy change away from buying up young talent?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I just can't blame him for moving on when the biggest mistake was the club not seeing his potential. They've got it right with other promising players in most cases. In the few times I saw him he was clearly more promising than some of the others the club also decided to keep on. Hopefully the club will make sure they don't make the same mistake again.

I agree. As soon as I saw him for the first time on TV against Brentford I wondered why he never even featured on the bench last season. It looks like Parky and others involved failed to spot his potential as quickly as they should have done. Which is odd when the Finnish national team scouts had done so.

Erm maybe because we had a good full back by the name of Fraser Richardson already playing there?

I thinks its hard to say they didnt know but players progress at different speeds especially at his age
  • Options
    Player goes to Premiership Club, we get next to nothing for him and he's an ungrateful SOAB.
    Player gives his all to the Club but leaves at a vital time in the season for top dollar money (to CAFC that is) and he's a Judas.
    Player has talent but won't fit into our system so it's his fault we can't play him before his big move.
    Player is injured and never plays a game for us so he's a parasite.
    Player is released for nothing but goes on to play in the Premiership because he was never going to be good enough anyway.
    Player is released at end of contract, has no job or qualifications, and it's his own fault for ending up at Welling.

Clubs in glass houses and all that.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]Personally, I don't get why people are booing him before he has even left, what if he changes his mind and stays, what if he rejected the initial contract from us as they offered him a pittance and he feels that he could get a better deal elsewhere. The Arsenal link is speculation right now, it all came from rumours and myth, there may be a contract in Arsene's hand with Jenko's name on it, there may not be, none of us know for sure. There have been rumours that BWP might be off in the summer, fuck it lets boo him too, if there's a rumour he's off he must be, FACT.

There are some right pillocks around sometimes

Well said Sam 3110, as Powell has stated he is still a Charlton player!. We may well question why he is going, and on the basis of a very limited first team run at Charlton, it seems a big jump to me to join a team like Arsenal. The history of young promising players going to a top club and getting frustrated at the lack of opportunity is legendary, but we could, and may well have made an improved offer!
    If he decides to go then there is little anyone can do to stop him!, and having questioned Keith Peacock and others re: Shelvey and why he had to go, and why we did not play him at Charlton, near the play offs, they would not do so!. Seems a bit ironic that I was arguing that I would not let Shelvey go then personally , and a year later appearing to support Jenkinson's departure......... I am not! just saying that we do not know the details to slag the lad off!, as if he could not get out of the ground fast enough!..........