Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#Iblameitontheroyalwedding

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I love the Royals

Then perhaps you'd like to spell Catherine's name correctly?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]The Royal Family is financed by tax-payers of all political stripe

You got the figures of benefits paid over taxes returned etc. to hand Orms. would love to know ?
    I heard somewhere that they pay 200million more per year in tax than they receive from the civil list? Thats without the unpaid duties of state and charity.
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]to have two such powerful Labour figures so publicly embarrassed - including one who was PM for 10 years - is a very crass and potentially divisive move

Dont agree with this at all.
    Its their wedding, they can more or less invite who they want, hence no O'bama (who has finally found some irish roots in time for re election).
    As a militarr man I am sure he has no desire to invite the odious cretins who bankrupted the country with their Iraq and Afghan madness. Good on him. I hope it does divide the country - at least then we will be able to identify people's true colours.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eldavide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I love the Royals

Then perhaps you'd like to spell Catherine's name correctly?

Great contribution.

If I could spell I'd be on Countdown.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]ND they don't have to pay the blood-suckers to live in them

Blood suckers? I mean really, blood suckers?
    What ARE you talking about?

Did you walk into a cafe this morning and see a sign saying breakfast anytime, and you asked for Paris in the late 19th century?

You clearly have no clue whatsoever ass to the relative merits and costs of something which frankly doesnt harm you in any way whatsoever.

but I am sure you will be happy to see Blair move into one palace, then Cameron the next and of cour4se they will all be free to maintain all of a sudden???
  • Options
    Maybe time to change the category on this thread from 'Fun, Jokes and Captions' to something more fitting the tone of the debate?

Oh - and anyone who supports the royal family is an obsequious retard.

I thank you.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: 24 Red[/cite]Maybe time to change the category on this thread from 'Fun, Jokes and Captions' to something more fitting the tone of the debate?

Oh - and anyone who supports the royal family is an obsequious retard.

I thank you.[/quote]

well said
  • Options
    It was meant to be fun.........
  • Options
    I've just sneezed and followed through. Iblameitontheroyalwedding.

(That more like it MoG?)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yay !!
    ;-)

(Thats "Yay!!" for the quote, not the fact that you..........)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2011
    <quote>Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]ND they don't have to pay the blood-suckers to live in them</quote>  Blood suckers? I mean really, blood suckers?
    What ARE you talking about?

Did you walk into a cafe this morning and see a sign saying breakfast anytime, and you asked for Paris in the late 19th century?

You're asking what I'm talking about? 'Paris in the 19th century'?
    Are you drunk?
  • Options
    This is very entertaining chaps, keep it up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]This is very entertaining chaps, keep it up.

#iblameitontheroyalwedding

;-)
  • Options
    So no one else is coming along then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]So no one else is coming along then?

Plaaayer said something about going along with someone called Vicky........
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]So no one else is coming along then?

I asked you what you were wearing so we don't clash, as you hadn't answered I assumed you had an aisle seat.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Will she have her hair up?
    What will her dress look like?
    Where are they going on honeymoon?

Call it a male thing , but I don't give a stuff , I'm sure there nice people and I hope it all works out for them, but I really cant get excited about this, am I the only one?

I used to love the royal family when I was a kid but now.....
  • Options
    Ol' Jose sent off in Madrid & now writing notes.
    It says:

"#Iblameitontheroyalwedding"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mendonca In Asdas[/cite]Will she have her hair up?
    What will her dress look like?
    Where are they going on honeymoon?

Call it a male thing , but I don't give a stuff , I'm sure there nice people and I hope it all works out for them, but I really cant get excited about this, am I the only one?

I used to love the royal family when I was a kid but now.....

Careful what you say on here. You'll get lynched by the Davidsonistas.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]well said

Not really though?
    'Well said' might have some reasoning.

Would love to see your list of Presidents you would have kow-towed to in your lifetime.
    Who would you have as President today/
    Would they do the enormous work that the Royal family do?
    Would they support the charities and good causes?
    Would they contribute financially to the country or just be a boring unpopular drain on our resources?
    [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]You're asking what I'm talking about? 'Paris in the 19th century'?
    Are you drunk?

Bloodsuckers? Have you got a vampire fetish? What DO you mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why bite it makes no sense, I love the royal family and everything English that displays pride in our heritage anyone who don't good on you like what you want,

The high and mighty self righteous self indulging bullshit that some of you write on every fooking subject is hilarious .

Who the fuk do you all think you are telling people who and what they are,

Iblametheroyalwedding
  • Options
    I only scored 1 in predictions last week.

Iblameitonthe royalwedding.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
  • Options

at Chirpy - this was a State occasion and not a private wedding, hence all those foreign dignitaries were invited.

At any rate it was financed by the British tax-payer, that makes it a State occasion.

• Options

Not a Royalist but loved it.

John major invited as he was apointed guradian of Wills and Harry, Thatcher as she is a Baroness.

Brown and Blair not invited well the real reason was the only arse we wanted to see was Pipa Midletons ------o dear yes please !

Pippa

• Options
    Royalist or not (not in my case), if you can't see that that wedding has and will generate much more money than it cost, you must be a buffoon.
  • Options

what GH said....

thought it was a great day and we are the envy of the world when it comes to things like that

• Options
    BFR said ... At any rate it was financed by the British tax-payer, that makes it a State occasion.

Have you got a source validating this statement?
    I thought it wasnt paid for by the taxpayer?

also have you seen the current total given to charity in lieu of wedding presents.
    How nice is that?
  • Options

Royalist or not (not in my case), if you can't see that that wedding has and will generate much more money than it cost, you must be a buffoon.

Apparently it cost the nation £6bn in lost work hours...

Ultimately I'd have thought that abolishing the monarchy would improve the tourist trade. Visitors can only get into Buck House and Windsor Castle etc on days when the royal family are not in residence. If they were kicked out of their council houses they could open 365 days a year and visitors could see the art collection, the state rooms and places where the posh furniture that they have looted collected over the years is kept. Surely that has to be a more profitable source of revenue than leaving them to gawp through the railings?