Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Apprentice 2011

13»

Comments

• i was right the inventor won
  • Who can access Comapnies House? Do a director search for Tom Pellereau?

Had the same idea when he mentioned it, just had a look and he is listed at two companies, both registered a while back, nothing with sugar
  • may as well just not have watched the whole series and tuned in for the last one. Makes a mockery of the show, he won 3 tasks, Helen won 10 or something.

I'm confused love child!!
  • edited July 2011
    Who can access Comapnies House? Do a director search for Tom Pellereau?

I'm confused love child!!
    Because if the business had been started up then he would be named alongside AS as a director of the company. Then we would be able to see what actually the company is and other bits. But obviously it hasnt been set up as @stackitsteve has looked
  • That series was good fun, but turns out to be a complete waste of time. Helen lost because Sugar didn't like her business plan allegedly.

Then, he says he doesn't like Tom's chair idea & appears to be funding his old nail file idea.

I don't blame Sugar, but WTF was the programme all about then ?

He could have just done that without the programme. I know, I know blah blah blah ...............

• It was a damn sight more entertaining than watching that bunch play at The Valley last season.
  • did we find out why lthere was a market for a curved nail file and should susie be the next would ya or has someone already suggested that, if not, then mines a yes definitely?%~{>
  • He lost most of the tasks, but was he responsible for that? A lot of the time he was disagreeing with the bad decisions but got shouted down. I think throughout the process he a) showed himslef to be an easy guy to work with which was always going to be important and proved the downfall of other quite capable people (I'm thinking Melody for example) and b) he was into the field of business that appealed to LS. I don't think it made a mockery of the whole process at all, moreover LS took a view of the whole picture, not just who won the most tasks, or who had the best thought out business plan but who showed themselves over the whole process to be the best alrounder and closest to what he was after as an individual.

Good to see the nice guy who didn't spend the whole series bitching and bullshitting his way into, and out of, trouble come through and win.
  • Sponsored links:

• This years final turned out to be a poor version of Dragons Den. Bit of an anti climax.
  • Interesting final - I would never have bet on Tom, although I liked the guy. So, Lord Sugar picks him and is later seen rubbishing his chair idea, yet apparently sacked Helen because her business plan was "disappointing". There was no logic to that decision.

Watching the "you've been fired" section, you get the impression that LS wants to work with Susan in some capacity and that Helen has shown herself to be a very capable woman who is going to succeed and may well be offered a job by one of the people who did the interviews. That just leaves bullsh!tter Jim, who didn't come out of last night at all well in my view.
  • Remember that this is an entertainment show, edited to provide maximum effect.

Do you wonder if the teams go back to the house and never mention how they got on in the task to each other ?

When someone is fired, they never phone from the taxi to the house and say their goodbyes ?

All the "taxi exits" are filmed at the same time as stock  footage, and the "boardroom" is a TV studio.

I still watch it now and then, but it has lost a ton of credibility during it's time. Margaret left because she couldn't stand the pretense and Nick was in the paper this week saying it's the worst part of his working year - so he won't be around much longer.

Now we have Karen "look at me, look at me" Brady and I guess Nick will be replaced at some point by Dale Winton or similar.

The Apprentice is in the same category as Shooting Stars, Buzzcocks, etc - because the content is entertaining in parts, but the final scores are usually wrong and totally meaningless.
  • I thought the format came into it's own at the end.  Maybe it would have been good to get the business ideas out on the table a few weeks ago.  Helen might have not looked such a great candidate if her godawful idea and backup pie-shop notion had aired.  Interestingly on the show after there was a hint that Sugar was more interested in the curved nail file than the thing Tom actually pitched, so I wonder what the point of the process is.
  • Hope Tom invents a razor so Sugar can finally get a shave!!

Thought Helen stood out, not just for her looks ;-)

• Remember that this is an entertainment show, edited to provide maximum effect.

Do you wonder if the teams go back to the house and never mention how they got on in the task to each other ?

When someone is fired, they never phone from the taxi to the house and say their goodbyes ?

All the "taxi exits" are filmed at the same time as stock  footage, and the "boardroom" is a TV studio.

I still watch it now and then, but it has lost a ton of credibility during it's time. Margaret left because she couldn't stand the pretense and Nick was in the paper this week saying it's the worst part of his working year - so he won't be around much longer.

Now we have Karen "look at me, look at me" Brady and I guess Nick will be replaced at some point by Dale Winton or similar.

The Apprentice is in the same category as Shooting Stars, Buzzcocks, etc - because the content is entertaining in parts, but the final scores are usually wrong and totally meaningless.
    Exactly it's an entertainment show so not sure why it irritates so much, it's entertaining for the most part so does it's job. In a way it's like big brother or I'm a celeb in the sense that after the final show happens and a winner is chosen no one cares about them anymore and we just move on to next year.

Also I must've read a completely different interview with Nick Hewer than you recently as he was lauding the show saying it was one the best things that have ever happened to him.
  • But her business idea was rubbish wasn't it? Mind you, all the others were too but Alan Sugar probably saw that the file idea had some legs so went with Tom, even though what he was proposing wasn't that enticing and had nothing to do with what the business is going to be. It's only a tv show where contestants are clearly chosen to entertain us rather than for their respective abilities, but for credibility you would think the producers want the business to make some money which the nail file probably will - nothing mega but enough to justify another series.