Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA Presidential elections - should we bother?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    No doubt that FIFA pump a lot of money into certain countries around the world - they're awash with cash and have to spend it somewhere after all. Not even those fuckers would dream of pocketing it all.

But how much of it gets spent via "friendly" companies, etc. Didn't Warner's son get the contract to build a stadium in Trinidad that nobody uses? I can imagine the T&T government were happy with that. I can imagine that CONCAF were happy. And I'm pretty certain that the Warner clan were happy. But it's still not right.
  • Options

And I try not to watch Eurovision, thanks. Not enough heavy metal or Led Zep on there for me.
    ;o)

What about Lordi, the Finnish heavy metal band that won Eurovision a few years back?
  • Options

And I try not to watch Eurovision, thanks. Not enough heavy metal or Led Zep on there for me.
    ;o)

What about Lordi, the Finnish heavy metal band that won Eurovision a few years back?

Finland? Do you really need to ask?
  • Options
    To be fair Finnish rock music is a much neglected genre.
  • Options
    And neglected for a for a very good reason
  • Options
    And neglected for a for a very good reason

The Leningrad Cowboys are one of the best live bands I've ever seen, utterly surreal, but brilliant.
  • Options
    You're right. It's right up their with Norweigan church burning death metal.

Must be something to do with the lack of daylight at certain times of the year.

I blame FIFA.
  • Options
    I dont have a problem with all countries having an equal say- just a system has to be found to prevent corruption -the easiest way is corruption needs to be investigated with vigour and integrity and the punishment when found is that the country of the corrupt official loses voting rights for 5 years maybe more depinding on the scale.The issue with FIFA is that it would rather hide the corruption or pretend it isn't there than face the embaressment of addressing it. Blatter is popular within FIFA ranks because he creates the perfect conditions for the corrupt to make their deals. He thinks he is protecting football and its reputation when the complete opposite is the case.

The investigation against Warner stopping and the automatic presumption of innocence because he has resigned is a case in point. FIFA has swept so much dust under the carpet that it will never want to lift it up and will have to be made to -but who can make it?