Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent Bent Bent

He's at it again, looking for a hat-trick after just 14 minutes at the Emirates!

Comments

• Options
    Quality
  • Options
    Love the bloke
  • Options
    They keep saying Bent was a boyhood Arsenal fan - I thought he was a Spurs fan?
  • Options

Well taken goals, another season where he gets over 15 prem goals. If it wasn't for his goals, both Villa and Sunderland may have been going into the last week of the season very nervously.

• Options
    Defo Arsenal fan. Used to work with his cousin. 
  • Options
    Mrs Mog (Sandra) works with his Dad: Arsenal it is, 'tho He would've liked to stay in SE7.
  • Options
    Spurs fans still reckon he's rubbish and Defoe is better.
  • Options
    'Arry reckons His missus is better......
  • Options
    Looking forward to picking up more winnings from the bookies again this year. Cheers Darren!
  • Options
    Remind me again, who was it said he doesn't score against the big clubs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bent's record against the big clubs is actually outstanding- they sad on sky that that was his 6th in 10 against Arsenal whilst he has also scored against in the last two seasons for Sunderland and Villa:

2 against Utd both at OT, 3 against Liverpool inc the beach ball goal, 2 against Spurs and 2 from memory against City. Not only is he again the top English goalscorer but that is some record.

Defoe- 4 Prem goals this season!

• Options
    Top English goalscorer AGAIN.
  • Options
    Class act.
  • Options
    Class act who has been criticised hilariously given his record.

Misses a lot of chances but he's always there on the spot to miss them.

Keep it up Darren and judging by mistakenly name-dropping us in England interviews when talking about his club form at Sunderland we're still on his mind!!
  • Options
    I just love the guy, Bothroyd for England when Bent is about! Best in English off the shoulder by far.
  • Options

First goal was a quality take.

Will hopefully return to us next season when the true extent of our budget is revealed.

• Options

I bet some other clubs wished they had splashed out on him this season - imagine what he could do in a top quality side.

The bloke is class, and judging by it, still much loved in SE7.

• Options
    A few stats..

Benty's now scored 89 goals in 205 Premier League games (174 starts and 31 substitute appearances).

He's 27th in the PL goalscoring charts, passing the likes of Bergkamp and Ronaldo this season.

Defoe's only got 12 more goals in 101 more appearances..
  • Options
    Bent is the player Liverpool needed this season to support Torres when he was off form. He was the poacher Arsenal needed when it turned out Chamakh was pony and Van Persie was injured. He has kept 2 clubs up this season and outscored Torres, Rooney and Drogba, whilst playing in far worse teams.I know I am slightly biased as he played for us but if he had those stats as a Spaniard playing in Spain or an Italian in Serie A, then he would have 40+ international caps by now and would be one of the hottest properties in football
  • Options
    my favourite player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Making Redknapp look a mug again , excellent
  • Options
    @ISaw I wouldn't say he misses that many chances, looking at the stats Bent has a shots to goals ratio of 0.22 compare that to some of the other top strikers in the league:
    Drogba 0.15
    Van Persie 0.15
    Rooney 0.12
    Tevez 0.17

I know there are limitations to this stat but that is a fantastic ratio and shows if you give him a chance he is up there with the best around in getting you goals
  • Options
    Also he doesn't seem to be an arrogant sh*thead like most of those mentioned, but gets on with his job of banging em in and showing the baggy faced crook what a dick he is.
  • Options
    Bent needs to be the main man, I think, which is why his time at Spurs didn't work, also playing alongside Rooney or another striker for England. That's why I don't think he will ever play for one of the top four or five clubs, who will want a 'bigger name' as their main striker.  

I would love to be wrong on this one as I think he could lead the line for any club in the Premier League if he were given the chance.
  • Options
    Nobody better in English football in a one-on-one with the keeper and he's underated in the air too. The lads top quality and as clinical as they come. Maybe could score more 'spectacular' goals but Ruud Van Nistelrooy never scored outside the area for Man Utd but it didn't do him any harm.

I hpe we'll see more of him in an England shirt - the 4-3-3 Capello used vs Wales showed promise imo and looked a way to get him and Rooney playing in the same team. Rooney's gradually dropping into midfield anyway and looks a long term successor to Scholes, even down to the big gob and tendancy for an over zealous tackle.
  • Options
    Some fan rang up 606 and said to alan green how did sven not take him to the 2006 world cup he was banging them in for fun for spurs that season aaaaaaAaaaah
    Green doesn't rate him in the top top bracket either
  • Options
    Alan Green is total helmet!
  • Options
    @Exiled_Addick, Ruud Van Nistelrooy did score 1 goal outside the area for Man United... At The Valley!
  • Options
    Why did he leave Sunderland?
  • Options
    Left Sunderland because he was sh*gging Bruce's daughter! Also, despite what Bruce says I reckon the offer was too good to turn down for the club, and they probably looked at the table and thought they were safe from relegation and maybe Gyan could step up and take his place anyway