Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Closest you've come to death

13»

Comments

• Options
    FOD the last sentence of your story made me chuckle!
  • Options
    I got knocked over in charlton village when i was 13,been to the bmx bit that used to be in the park even though i shouldnt have been there!.Bunny hopped off the pavement,  CRACK smashed buy a car ended up on the other side of the road where pizza hunt is now,spark out in the middle of rush hour caused a tail back to the blackwall tunnel,didnt come close to death but i think some of those stuck in trafic would have killed me..And to add insult to injury there was a photographer from the mercury in a car just behind the one that hit me.I ended up on the front page of the following weeks paper laying in the middle of the road.
  • Options

Back in 1979; during my industrial training year. I had been tasked with making lithium acetylide. THis processes required the use of 50-60litres of liquid ammonia and 5kg of lithium and acetylene gas. Well gor cocky and forgot to check that the outlet valve for the gases was not blocked. I opened the reaction vessel and sprayed myself with this solution of liquid ammonia and lithium a -33 C. Well staggered out of this small lab with eyes shut into the car park and spent the next hourspewing up water from my lungs.

When I got to the west middlesex hospital the doctor on duty then asked me how  to treat my injuries had not come across an accident like mine before.

• Options

Back in 1979; during my industrial training year. I had been tasked with making lithium acetylide. THis processes required the use of 50-60litres of liquid ammonia and 5kg of lithium and acetylene gas. Well gor cocky and forgot to check that the outlet valve for the gases was not blocked. I opened the reaction vessel and sprayed myself with this solution of liquid ammonia and lithium a -33 C. Well staggered out of this small lab with eyes shut into the car park and spent the next hourspewing up water from my lungs.

When I got to the west middlesex hospital the doctor on duty then asked me how  to treat my injuries had not come across an accident like mine before.

The Winner.