Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do you wish you supported a Premier League club?

2»

Comments

• Options

My mate (actually a genuine Manc btw) saw Man U win the treble in Barcelona ten years ago and I remember feeling sorry for him as I thought that nothing will ever top that so all other achievements will pale in comparison.

Hence we have the spectacle of Arsenal fans gurning at 'only' finishing fourth.  They're welcome to it.

If we achieve anything it will mean so much because we, like most other clubs, are starved of success.  I don't really think that supporting a Sky 4 side makes you a real football supporter as you live in a strange, parallel universe compared to the rest of us lesser mortals that follow all the rest of the clubs.  I pity them!

• Options

My mate (actually a genuine Manc btw) saw Man U win the treble in Barcelona ten years ago and I remember feeling sorry for him as I thought that nothing will ever top that so all other achievements will pale in comparison.

They still had various records set by Liverpool to beat, but after that what's left? Try and keep their records, the quadruple? How long can that stay interesting?
  • Options
    I do support a Premier League team...in everything but status.
  • Options
    The reality was if we was in the PL now lets say like a similar size to a club like Stoke, would we spend big money and charge more for season tickets? With new owners. Especially now that you can't really survive in the PL without spending 20 million plus. Or would we still be little old Charlton?!