Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradley Pritchard

edited May 2011 in General Charlton
we've signed him from Tamworth.  Ive seen him play at Tamworth a few times last season - quite a decent player!  Scored some good goals for them.  He is definitely one to look out for next season.

Comments

• Options
    he played for Hayes and Yeading last season - you were obviously watching someone else.
  • Options
    whoops
  • Options
    he played for Hayes and Yeading last season - you were obviously watching someone else.
    Are you sure he wasn't just moonlighting
  • Options
    Depends if you consider 'last' season to be the 2010/11 one that Charlton just finished but a few other teams haven't, or the 2009/10 season that ALL teams have now finished.
  • Options
    Yeah i meant the 2009/10 season.  Also I didn't realised that he signed for H & Y in the 2010/11 season.  Good little player from what I saw.
  • Options
    Depends if you consider 'last' season to be the 2010/11 one that Charlton just finished but a few other teams haven't, or the 2009/10 season that ALL teams have now finished.

The original post said we have signed him from Tamworth. That is factually incorrect. End of.
  • Options
    The original post said we have signed him from Tamworth. That is factually incorrect. End of.
    no need to be rude Large ffs
  • Options
    will it matter?

next season is the important one.
  • Options
    no need to be rude Large ffs

No need for Harry Hutchens to be an arse.
  • Options
    Really hope we find a way to get Pritchard more game time. I think he's more combative than hughes but the fact that hughes has been part of a team who have won their last 6 makes him all but undroppable.
    Maybe with Jackson out for a while then we'll see more of him. I know a few people yesterday were suggesting that we should go with a hollands and pritchard centre midfield against hudders as they reckon it would suprise them. Not happening in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hughes was dreadful first half on Saturday but yeh it is hard to drop him given we keep winning. If he would have made those mistakes he made on sat vs hudds he would have cost us 2 or 3 goals.
  • Options
    Be good for Hughes to have a bit of competition for the more combative, defensive midfield role. Hollands (who started defensive but has got a bit more expansive) and Stephens seem to be more of the creative attacking style, Alonso is nowhere to be seen...
  • Options
    we had a good run and everyone questioned hayes and waggy being dropped but i'd say it's turned out to be the right decision by SCP
  • Options
    There's absolutely no way CP would play Pritchard in such an important game barring an injury to Hollands/Hughes. I'm not for one minute suggesting BP isn't good enough but both CP & BP would get crucified on here and everywhere else if it went pete tong. I'd also like to see him start a league match for us but not such an important one that also happens to be broadcast live to the nation. If it went wrong it could ruin him.
  • Options

He will be on the Bench an unkown quantity to Hudds , with his engine and drive and the quality i have seen in his short appearences he could be the game changer

You heard it here first Pritcahrd to net the winner Monday night

• Options

Nothing against Bradley Pritchard who has indeed looked promising  when we've seen him but, in the absence of Jackson, I'd say the the qualities offered by Hughes are even more important.

Workrate, nous and a calming influence.

• Options
    Pritchard will have to be on the bench. Would've liked to have seen Evina as sub incase it doesn't work out for Hulk but no centre mid cover otherwise. Don't see CP opting for Evina over Wagstaff either.
  • Options
    Totally reliable and professional source as ever

Richard Cawley ‏ @RichCawleySLP

Bradley Pritchard helds talks with #cafc this week about new deal. Expected to sign imminently.

#cafc have option to extend by 12 months but want to boost terms and length - Pritchard on small salary after his jump from Hayes & Yeading.

• Options
    Good news. 2 year deal on much better money i would imagine. He deserves it.
  • Options
    Of course there will be many doubters who will feel that he'll have to prove himself again now we've gone up. Personally, I think he could hold his own in the championship no worries..................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And if not he will have a resale value.

Really pleased for a genuine and nice guy.

Said at Bromley that he is still in debt from doing his masters degree in sports science so a nice signing on fee most likely won't go on a flash car.
  • Options
    great news, excellent player and deserves an extended deal.
  • Options
    I thought he was our best player against a very good Fulham side in the FA Cup - really happy for him
  • Options
    Get the feeling he'll go on to be a big player for us next season.
    He's another that reminds me of the 97/98 team of Kinsella, Robinson, Rufus etc
    So great to have these type of players again.
  • Options
    Really hope he stays, a player who looks like he is really enjoying it every time he steps out there, unfortunately there aren't too many of those about but we seem to have a fair few of them.
  • Options
    I thought he was our best player against a very good Fulham side in the FA Cup - really happy for him
    Totally agree WSS, I think he is bright enough to understand he has not 'made it' and will only get better. A real find.
  • Options
    Great news, will be a useful squad player next season
  • Options
    Needs to work on his drum skills though
  • Options
    Is his house nicer than Danny Green's though?
  • Options
    Is his house nicer than Danny Green's though?

BP lives in Bromley

DG lives in Essex

So I think that question answers itself

: - )