Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

that continous cafc chant was inspired

the chelsea players were looking rattled and making mistakes the more it went on...90 minutes of that against west ham with the vfr and something else, like 'GOOOAAALLL', every ten minutes or so should do the trick...

Comments

• Options
    with the emphasis on the GOOOOAALLL :-)

i can't stand the chant, but it was nice to hear the Upper North buzzing after a very muted first half
  • Options
    Hopefully by the next game, the woman behind me will realise it's CAFC and not CIFC, as she was singing on Saturday. (I kid you not)
  • Options
    That's just the accent Medders. My brother-in-law thought everyone was singing that at the Boro game.

I'm also not a fan of this chant, but the one it was sung kind of 90/10 instead of 50/50 if was loud and effective. Just gets diluted when half chant on one CAFC and half on the next.
  • Options
    Accent? She was one of South London's finest mate....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Hopefully by the next game, the woman behind me will realise it's CAFC and not CIFC, as she was singing on Saturday. (I kid you not)

while we're on the subject...why did the chelsea fans, on the two occasions that they woke up, sing 'geoffrey, where ever you may be ...' ? ...who's geoffrey and is he lost or something ?
  • Options
    hp01943.jpg
  • Options
    That CAFC chant is the most uninspiring thing ever. I never join in with it in protest but seeing as it's such a big part of our singing i end up looking like i should be in the West stand. If people think clapping their hands to that is giving great support then they are sadly mistaken. I'd rather hear 90 mins of 'Alan Pardew's red n white army' sung with real passion a la the West Ham fans in the cup semi of '91 when Tony Gale had been sent off against Forest. They sang 'Billy Bonds claret and blue army' for the remaining 70 odd minutes.
    Let's show our Cockney chums that we can be just as loud and passionate when we play them in 3 weeks. Pards keeps hinting that the crowd can be a 12th man so let's do something about it.
    Say no to C-A-F-C and say yes to 'Alan Pardew's red n white army' and together we can climb the table.

9goals
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 9goalswentpastperry[/cite]hinting that the crowd can be a 12th man so let's do something about it.
    Say no to C-A-F-C and say yes to 'Alan Pardew's red n white army' and together we can climb the table.
    totally agree with you... c-a-f-c is an abysmal chant
  • Options
    Personally i think anything the east/west join in with should be sang however uninspiring it is.

At least it's noise, prefer the cafc song sang loudly than a poor attempt at Alan Pardews Red Army with only half the crowd joining in for a minute or so.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]the chelsea players were looking rattled and making mistakes the more it went on...90 minutes of that against west ham with the vfr and something else, like 'GOOOAAALLL', every ten minutes or so should do the trick...[/quote]

or even better...One- nil...to the Addicks...Two-nil to the addicks...followed by the reds are staying up...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i thought it was like a cub scout jamboree.
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]the woman behind me will realise it's CAFC and not CIFC, as she was singing on Saturday. (I kid you not)

the pissed up bloke beside me was singing t i f ski.
  • Options
    As uninspiring as it is / was its better than nothing!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]As uninspiring as it is / was its better than nothing!!
    we didn't get a point , it might have put our players off, at bolton and pompey the chant wasn't that loud and we got 4 points so i think nothing would have been better
  • Options
    it went on for so long that i started to think of other things to say:

i like tea leaves
    who is jimmy greaves
    i eat blue cheese
  • Options
    I think the CAFC chant is absolute dog shit but it seemed to work. It makes me cringe but I cant help doing it. We sound like 1000's of Mongs!
  • Options
    Any chant we do is better than that god awful 'Red Army' or anything with Der Der Der in it which is crap !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]I think the CAFC chant is absolute dog shit but it seemed to work. It makes me cringe but I cant help doing it. We sound like 1000's of Mongs!
    lol ...brilliant... not politically correct but you're bang on there
  • Options
    Well I cannot stand VFR. I find it unispiring. It's too slow and precise IMO.
    I'm not looking for a row, I have always said this. My son however loves it. Each to their own.
    I like Alan Pardews Red and White Army if sung properly and NOT Alan Pardews RED Army. Without singing white as well as red the words just do not fit the chant.
    It is the same chant as You're going home in a red and white ambulance!
  • Options
    you always say about the red army, (instead of red and white army) who sings that? i've never heard that!!
  • Options
    do you mean the monotonous red army red army red army red army.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFc is crap but I joined in in L west and seemed to inspiere a few around me for a few minutes.

It is trying to wake the living dead tho, deffo coming upper north next season. (somehow)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]CAFc is crap but I joined in in L west and seemed to inspiere a few around me for a few minutes.

It is trying to wake the living dead tho, deffo coming upper north next season. (somehow)

Don't worry, You will get a Ticket!
  • Options
    This is great, for once we make a bit of noise and everyone starts moaning that they don't like the chant.
    As has been said before at least it was something.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]you always say about the red army, (instead of red and white army) who sings that? i've never heard that!!

90% of those at Arsenal this year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]you always say about the red army, (instead of red and white army) who sings that? i've never heard that!!

90% of those at Arsenal this year.
    it's that valley gold mob again;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HarryLime[/cite]This is great, for once we make a bit of noise and everyone starts moaning that they don't like the chant.
    As has been said before at least it was something.

It was such a great game on saturday, there has to be something to moan about.
  • Options
    Well here's another thing. Still cannot stand the new announcer.
    Bloody countdown to KO and welcoming Chelsea back onto the pitch after half time.
    One welcome to the oppo and their fans at 2.45 and that's that.
    Oh Brian Cole!!
  • Options
    Alan Pardew's Red and White Army, for 90 straight minutes would be some going
  • Options
    Alan Pardew's Red and White Army, for 90 straight minutes would be some going
  • Options
    Well let's give it a go. We managed about 20 mins of 'Iain Dowie's red n white army' in Belgium so it shouldn't be beyond us.