Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

that continous cafc chant was inspired

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yeah remember that, caught a bit of it on YouTube.
  • Options
    Yeah remember that, caught a bit of it on YouTube.
  • Options
    C-A-F-C isn't great, but it's better than "Red Army", which just gives the east and west stand the excuse to clap along like, erm, mongs.

Wasn't there a 20-minute "Iain Dowie's red and white army" at Germinal Beerschot?
  • Options
    Well, that'll serve me right for taking five minutes to post that response ;-)
  • Options
    I think there was a 12 game Iain Dowies Red and White army... it was rubbish
  • Options
    Sounds to me like we need some new songs - nobody seems to like any of the current ones. So long as it's loud, who cares??

DJ DD - totally agree re the new announcer. His voice really grates and he doesn't seem very sincere. I'm sure he's just as bigger supporter as me, but... Brian Cole was a class act - only now do we realise how good he was...
  • Options
    Also, I remember listening to the spammers singing 'Jonny Lyle's claret and blue army' for almost a whole game and getting really p'd off with it. I don't think that is the answer for us. But, sitting in the East Stand, we gratefully take the lead from the Northies - anything you wanna sing, i'll join in!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]As uninspiring as it is / was its better than nothing!!
    we didn't get a point , it might have put our players off, at bolton and pompey the chant wasn't that loud and we got 4 points so i think nothing would have been better

I do hope you're being ironic / sarcastic
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]Also, I remember listening to the spammers singing 'Jonny Lyle's claret and blue army' for almost a whole game and getting really p'd off with it. I don't think that is the answer for us. But, sitting in the East Stand, we gratefully take the lead from the Northies - anything you wanna sing, i'll join in!!!

Expect plenty of "we are west hams claret & blue army" on the 24th, all sung on our own accord and not with the aid of a drum/trumpet *smiley winkey thing*
  • Options
    Mortain my man - so you don't sing Alan C's C& B army yet then??? Legend status not achieved?

Bring on the band - it adds variety. Don't care what you sing, so long as you lose the game...

Also, there is no way will you be seeing my *smiley winkey thing*, whatever that is...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]with the emphasis on the GOOOOAALLL :-)

i can't stand the chant, but it was nice to hear the Upper North buzzing after a very muted first half[/quote]

you can't stand it, yet you're the first person my right lug-hole can hear yelling it at the top of their voice ; )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]Also, I remember listening to the spammers singing 'Jonny Lyle's claret and blue army' for almost a whole game and getting really p'd off with it. I don't think that is the answer for us. But, sitting in the East Stand, we gratefully take the lead from the Northies - anything you wanna sing, i'll join in!!!

Expect plenty of "we are west hams claret & blue army" on the 24th, all sung on our own accord and not with the aid of a drum/trumpet *smiley winkey thing*
    i thought the ammers sang 'curbs and mervs claret and blue army'
  • Options
    C A FC is great in my humble opinion, its an 'in your face' chant, which is just what we need to get our players to play in the same way. It worked a treat on Saturday!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I remember when West Ham lost the F.A. CUP SEMI FINAL to Forest 4-0 when the had Tony Gale sent off.They sang Billy Bond's claret and blue army for F**kin ages it was superb we should sing Alan Pardew's red and white army non-stop what a lift it would give the players.Let's start a CL pledge to do this this against THE SPAM.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: righthandbackward[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]with the emphasis on the GOOOOAALLL :-)

i can't stand the chant, but it was nice to hear the Upper North buzzing after a very muted first half

you can't stand it, yet you're the first person my right lug-hole can hear yelling it at the top of their voice ; )

LOL, i think i'm singularly responsible for spreading the songs from the North to the East. A one-man halfway house !!
  • Options
    AFKA: you do realise that means you're not allowed to move, ever?
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]Also, I remember listening to the spammers singing 'Jonny Lyle's claret and blue army' for almost a whole game and getting really p'd off with it.

isn't that the whole point ?...you could see their players were getting rattled, the away fans were mostly silent or drowned out, the charlton players were keeping the momentum going and the charlton fans were awake...lets have more of it...

and when we get a corner it should be everybody shouting 'come on you reds...' and not just once or twice while a charlton player trots over the the corner post and silence after that...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]Also, I remember listening to the spammers singing 'Jonny Lyle's claret and blue army' for almost a whole game and getting really p'd off with it.

isn't that the whole point ?...you could see their players were getting trattled, the away fans were mostly silent or drowned out, the charlton players were keeping the momentum going and the charlton fans were awake...lets have more of it...

and when we get a corner it should be everybody shouting 'come on you reds...' and not just once or twice while a charlton player trots over the the corner post and silence after that...
    we're more likely to score from an opposition goalkick than a corner of our own
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]

we're more likely to score from an opposition goalkick than a corner of our own

cue herman at old trafford on saturday now you've posted that...