Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away match you're looking forward to the most this season? Why?

For me it's Sheffield United. Hate it if we lose, but love to win there. not bad results over recent years. Wouldn't mind going to Stevenage as a new ground. i once met a player of theirs in around 1993 when working as a visiting rep at a boots the chemist store in the town. he played for them full-time (expenses only) and also worked full-time at the local boots chemists. i wonder what their pro's are earning now?

Comments

• Options
    Chesterfield. Being based in Sheffield, playing Chesterfield is like a home game, will have friends up from LDN to make a weekend of it. If it's anything like Sheff Weds away last season, should be a belter.
  • Options
    The last one of the season cos hopefully it will be our last in this piss poor shit heap of a pub league as the tide turns and we begin to rise back up the football ladder
    If not sub 10k crowds will start becoming regular and then we will find ourselves as the smallest club as well as the crappiest foootball team in sarf london and that's not good for the soul
  • Options

Bury on a cold, wet, windy November Tuesday night will be interesting - 4 hrs there and 4 hrs back!

• Options
    MK dons
  • Options
    Wycombe, as I missed out on that pub season before last
  • Options
    Looking Forward To Every Away Game..
  • Options
    Exeter, my nearest game. Even that's a 2 hour trip.
  • Options
    The game we win which confirms we are out of League 1, and the sooner the better!
  • Options
    Wycombe.
  • Options
    Palace in FA Cup 4th round
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exeter 20 minute trip.
  • Options
    Orient home and away. always a laugh.
  • Options
    Scunny, the 2 Sheffields and Chesterfield. My nearest towns and they'll all be tough and competitive games
  • Options
    Orient and Brentford, the ones where we might have more than 600 fans
  • Options
    Yeovil - only 1 hour's drive away
  • Options
    All the Yorkshire games - was gutted Donny stayed up too! (Oh and I'm new on here.....hello all!)
  • Options
    Stevenage =15 minutes away and Bournemouth if on a nice day/weekend.
  • Options
    My business has taken off after 3 years hard work and me being bloody skint with my wife covering the bills. Now have some decent wedge in my back pocket so am planning to see quite a few away games next season.
    Q - Which ground from last season has the best pies?
    Whichever comes up as best that will be one match i will 100% go to.

Maybe should be a new thread?
  • Options
    Dunno about the best mate but don't go to Colchester, worst pie by miles and that's from about 80odd grounds!
  • Options
    Dunno about the best mate but don't go to Colchester, worst pie by miles and that's from about 80odd grounds!
    Agree about Colchester...may well be doable but one of the bleakest, least atmospheric places ever. Orient away is a given, Wycombe for the bargain hospitality package, Cheaterfield for the new stadium (and I have seen us at Saltergate previously), and there are trilloins of grim up north games, any one of which would be a badge of honour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Shame Brighton went up, their new stadium sounds like it's going to be the best away trip in the country.

They announced the pies (made by a season ticket holder's shop rather than a big company) a couple of days ago:

1. Steak, Harveys Ale and mushroom.
    2. Chicken, gammon and leek in a creamy sauce
    3. Butternut, coriander and roast vegetables in a spicy sauce (veggie)

They will also have three real ales on at the kiosks, including one from the away club's area.
  • Options

All the Yorkshire games - was gutted Donny stayed up too! (Oh and I'm new on here.....hello all!)

Welcome. I'm an 'ex-pat Addick over near Grimsby'. Who says it's grim up north?
  • Options

Welcome. I'm an 'ex-pat Addick over near Grimsby'. Who says it's grim up north?
    Stu in Hull !
  • Options
    Orient.  I've not been able to get to the last two, but it's near and there'll be a cracking atmos.
  • Options
    I will get to Orient, first time I was on holiday and 2nd time..well we all know what happened
  • Options
    Can honestly say there's not many I'm "looking forward to..." at the moment, will change when the buzz comes in pre-season and the squad gets seen to

Only a handful of new grounds for me, probably say Orient for locality (bet I can't make it again like last year!) as it's only 3 miles down the road from me and Bournemouth for being by the seaside... as long as it's August - September or April - May!
  • Options
    Orient last year was my 2nd favourite after Peterborough, so am looking forward to that one. 
    Also really want to do Preston and Stevenage. 
  • Options
    Preston is a fairly good ground, lot of history but there's not a lot going on there. A lot of "Manchester days" next season - Preston, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale... like a microcosm of the last Prem years with United, City, Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan etc
  • Options
    None of them.
  • Options
    Thanks for that thread!  Really brought it home that there are NO games to look forward to next season!  Okay, okay, be positive...

...we'll be walking them all so every match will be a party!!!