Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dr Who has jumped the shark

2»

Comments

• Options
    I just don't get it - it's a kids' programme FFS. It's like grown-ups watching/reading Harry Potter. There's already a grown-up version of that - it's called Lord Of The Rings. Why would you watch a kids' show?
    What? Harry Potter are only similar in that they were written by British authors and feature a powerful wizard with a white beard. That's it. And Harry Potter is not as childish as all that, regardless of quality/lack thereof.
  • Options
    See I've really enjoyed this series, Moffat has pitched it right, and taken the sickly sweet side of the RTD years away, Smith has become a really good doctor, thought he was excellent in this two parter. It hasn't jumped the shark

• Options
    Ryan Giggs is Melodys dad !!
  • Options
    thing is, whatever happened to Blakes Seven?
  • Options
    thing is, whatever happened to Blakes Seven?
    Sky scrapped it about a year ago.
  • Options
    I recently watched all 4 series of Blakes 7 on dvd and it was fantastic. The scenery and special effects were absolutely terrible and some of the acting was shocking (Avon - I'm looking at you) but the story is brilliant and I loved bringing back some old memories of childhood.
  • Options
    I just don't get it - it's a kids' programme FFS. It's like grown-ups watching/reading Harry Potter. There's already a grown-up version of that - it's called Lord Of The Rings. Why would you watch a kids' show?
    You were doing OK until you mentioned Lord of the Rings.   Biggest kids story and pile of tosh ever.
    Is it bollocks. The very definition of 'epic saga'. Film adaptations are about as good as it was possible to make them as well.
  • Options
    The thing is, we have all grown up with Doctor Who - Tom Baker was my one. It may be aimed at kids but whilst I can take it or leave it to a certain extent, the boy who loved it is still in me somewhere. I'd love to see a return of some of the old monsters - the sea devils, morbius and a few more linear stories.
  • Options
    The current doctor is rubbish. He doesn't have the acting skills that Tennant and his predecessors have had. The sooner this new lad goes the better.
  • Options
    Have to disagree Dazzler. He may not be quite so good at the bombast, but he's just as good at the small quiet moments, and sometimes better. There's a bit in the final episode of the last series where he's talking to the young Amy about what a foolish old man he (The Doctor) is, and he manages to look old and world weary far better than either Tennant or Eccleston managed. And his reaction to the reveal at the latest episode was a joy. You may not appreciate the characterization he's being asked to portray - he's a lot more mad scientist than Tennant or Eccleston - but that's a different issue to the quality of the performance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think the current season has been very up and down in terms of quality. the doctors wife (which possibly had the lowest budget of any episode this season) was up with best new who has given us. however not sure the overall balance between overall arc and individual stories has been very good.

having said all that my 13 year old daughter loves it.
  • Options
    Have to disagree Dazzler. He may not be quite so good at the bombast, but he's just as good at the small quiet moments, and sometimes better. There's a bit in the final episode of the last series where he's talking to the young Amy about what a foolish old man he (The Doctor) is, and he manages to look old and world weary far better than either Tennant or Eccleston managed. And his reaction to the reveal at the latest episode was a joy. You may not appreciate the characterization he's being asked to portray - he's a lot more mad scientist than Tennant or Eccleston - but that's a different issue to the quality of the performance.
    This.
  • Options
    The thing is, we have all grown up with Doctor Who - Tom Baker was my one. It may be aimed at kids but whilst I can take it or leave it to a certain extent, the boy who loved it is still in me somewhere. I'd love to see a return of some of the old monsters - the sea devils, morbius and a few more linear stories.

Agree! Anyhow - they've just renewed it 14 more stories next year with Matt Smith. Maybe it's not jumped the shark yet?

Still the best thing on TV, despite it not being as good as Tennent, except for Charlton of course.