Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robbie Keane Sets New British & Irish Isles Record

Robbie Keane's 50th & 51st goals for Ireland last night against
Macedonia have set a new British & Irish Isles international
goalscoring record.

The previous record was held by England's Bobby Charlton with 49 goals.

Scotland's highest goalscorers are Denis Law and Kenny Dalglish with 30 goals each.

Robbie Keane's Goalscoring Record 1977 to 2011

Comments

• Options
    I dont understand why sky sports news keeps talking about britain and ireland together like that. just because we're close? I mean you dont see germany and france having their own litle records together
  • Options
    edited June 2011

It's cos Sky Sports News is shown in Rep Of Ireland and here. Pain in the butt to have to hear all about them but Sky aint gonna do a different channel just for Rep Of Ireland.

Why a Tottenham fan is posting shite about a player we don't care about on a Charlton board is beyond me.

• Options
    Robbie keane was an important part of west hams relegation
    Good on him !!
    The clue is in the title , if you don't wanna read about it cos it bores you you can ignore it, it's not difficult, I can assure you, I haven't opened the new word game thread for ages now
  • Options
    edited June 2011

It's cos Sky Sports News is shown in Rep Of Ireland and here. Pain in the butt to have to hear all about them but Sky aint gonna do a different channel just for Rep Of Ireland.

Why a Tottenham fan is posting shite about a player we don't care about on a Charlton board is beyond me.

>

Not sure why you are so irate about stats concerning a player who has plied his trade in English football all his career and spent a large amount of that time with London clubs and was even at one point linked with Charlton. ?

Nothing to do with a rabid anti republican stance by any chance ?
  • Options

I dont give a shit because im 100% anti republican .

why post about a player who has nothing to do with CAFC, its posted by someone who isnt a CAFC fan ?

• Options

Just answering Winters-Dawns post ShootersHillGuru.

I'm with Goonerhater, 100% anti republican but that's not why I posted.

Rabid am I?, Stick yer neck in ShootersHillGuru cos someone might rip it out!

• Options
    Technically Ireland is a part of the British Isles no? Might not be a part of Great Britain, but I'm sure I've read that someone.

Some people may not be happy with that but it's a load of crap anyway.

Congrats to Robbie Keane. Always good to see the Irish fans in major tournaments as well.
  • Options

Small Europeon Country thats all they are

Pointless post

• Options

Just answering Winters-Dawns post ShootersHillGuru.

I'm with Goonerhater, 100% anti republican but that's not why I posted.

Rabid am I?, Stick yer neck in ShootersHillGuru cos someone might rip it out!

Charming
  • Options

Small Europeon Country thats all they are

Pointless post

then why read it.....shut up!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The poster is advertising the site he is associated with & has been posting daily questions advertising the site for weeks now.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    but it is charlton related though.

i'm not a big fan of robbie's but well done to anyone that beats sir bobby's long standing record.
  • Options
    I thought it was going to be that he'd claimed to be a boyhood fan of more teams than any other player.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    A great bunch o lads
  • Options
    The Republic of Ireland is nothing to do with British football. They are not even one of the "home nations".
    The land mass "Eire" is geographically part of the British Isles in the same way that Portugal, Spain, and Gibraltar are all part of the Iberian Peninsular.

Comparing RK's 51 goals in 108 games for ROI with Sir Bobby's 49 in 106 for England is meaningless.

You might as well compare it to Karim Bagheri's 50 goals in 87 games for Iran or Hakan Sukur's 51 goals in 112 games for Turkey.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    The Republic of Ireland is nothing to do with British football. They are not even one of the "home nations".
    The land mass "Eire" is geographically part of the British Isles in the same way that Portugal, Spain, and Gibraltar are all part of the Iberian Peninsular.

Comparing RK's 51 goals in 108 games for ROI with Sir Bobby's 49 in 106 for England is meaningless.

You might as well compare it to Karim Bagheri's 50 goals in 87 games for Iran or Hakan Sukur's 51 goals in 112 games for Turkey.

Not strictly true. I've never seen a 'British and Irish Isles' map include Turkey or Iran, whilst I HAVE seen a 'British and Irish Isles' map include the Republic of Ireland. Taking aside all the pathetic political shit on both sides, the 'British and Irish Isles' is at least a valid geographical term. The real reason this is even being debated on here is because Sky keep saying it and, as has been pointed out above, they have a vested interest in doing so. Irrespective of whether that's right or wrong, there's nothing inaccurate about saying 'The British and Irish Isles'.
  • Options
    It is estimated that six million people in the UK have an Irish grandparent, me included. Perhaps that's why Sky feel that there is an interest in Irish players within the UK itself and of course in Ireland as a whole. Let's also not forget that Sky is broadcast to Ireland and people have to pay to receive it just like you and I. Why some should feel it's a pain in the butt I can't imagine.
  • Options
    Shooters said, "It is estimated that six million people in the UK have an Irish grandparent, me included."

Yet there's only 4 million people who live in the Republic of Ireland!

• Options
    Its called immigration. 
  • Options
    Shooters said, "It is estimated that six million people in the UK have an Irish grandparent, me included."

I will admit I got that fact from Wiki
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ what have I started. I was merely asking why SSN kept saying it. I have seen maps with British Isles and a seperate Irish Isles on them. Apologies for starting this crap.

Just concentrate on what an achievement Robbie has done, its a remarkable scoring record, especially for a country that hasn't qualified for an awful lot of competitions. Well done Robbie!
  • Options
    First time I've heard of a British & Irish Isles record. The only record that matters is the national record.
  • Options
    Correct. I've seen SSN do something like this before with Andy Murray, when he was winning he was British, and when he lost he was Scottish    :/
  • Options
    You must be the same THFC which did some good wind ups on F365. Also likes his stats and likes to advertise them. Did you get banned?
  • Options
    Fair play to Robbie Keane ....a player who has entertained a lot of people with some great goals over the years.....and yes I am one of the 6 million with Irish ancestry.....
  • Options
    You must be the same THFC which did some good wind ups on F365. Also likes his stats and likes to advertise them. Did you get banned?
    No, I never got banned and my log-in is still very much active on F365.

I simply choose not to post on there any more.

BTW, this wasn't a 'wind-up' either, unless you think I also write for the BBC...

Republic skipper Robbie Keane became the first Irish or British player
    to reach 50 international goals with his opening strike against
    Macedonia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13599899.stm
  • Options
    fuck me this is hilarious - how bored are some of u lol
  • Options

I will admit I got that fact from Wiki
    I get 90% of my info from Wiki , where would we be without it?
  • Options

Bobby Charlton scored his goals against real opposition, not the Faroe Islands, Macedonia, Eritrea, Lithuania and the Vatican City.

Who would you rather have in your side, the GREAT Sir Bobby Charlton (it's all in the name) or frying pan face Robby Keane? 

• Options

Bobby Charlton scored his goals against real opposition, not the Faroe Islands, Macedonia, Eritrea, Lithuania and the Vatican City.

Who would you rather have in your side, the GREAT Sir Bobby Charlton (it's all in the name) or frying pan face Robby Keane? 

5 of Bobby's goals were against Luxembourg and 4 against USA.