Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forest Sack Davies

2»

Comments

• Options
    I still live in hope that one day he will ride a white charger and get us back to where we worked so hard to be
    This.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    "Taking threads away from their original subject"-Part 7456
  • Options

15 consecutive years with us a short break and then approx 2 stressful years with West Ham.

I can't think of too many managers who've worked to that intensity and, even though many on here deride him, one thing Curbs did do was work hard.

In my opinion he has deservedly made some money and, if he does work in management again, it will be on his terms.

• Options
    I think if he really applied himself and wanted to get back in the game he could atleast get a Job in the championship. Roughly 4/5 managers get sacked or leave in the championship per season. He should take a job like Derby/coventry etc...
  • Options
    Should he?
    Or should he just kick back and relax with his family?

I know which I would do if I were a level headed manager.

I am of course bringing the thread back on topic and referring to Billy Davies.
    I am also writing a mystery novel.

Or am I?
  • Options
    Your spot on len he worked tirelessly for us I would often look at him and think you look fkd mate you can't go on like that but somehow he did, I just hope that oneday he will find it somewhere in him to come back and go again.

You hear the never go back noises but no one has ever told me why you never go back, it worked once it could again , forest could and no doubt will do a lot worse than get curbishley, thing is so many deluded fans in too many tin pot 2 bob clubs want barca football when in reality you need hard working honest and organised teams to compete, would we have gone down under him not a hope, would wet sham not a chance
  • Options
    The main reason he's not got a job, is he's fallen completely out of fashion.  Football's moved on without him.  Nothing to do whether he could do a job or not, but more to do with how he's perceived, the only clubs willing to employ him would be those staring at relegation.  Whether that's to do with the media being Wham'y biased and thus he got a pretty awful rep for awful football; quite deserved if you had to see his atrocious Wham teams who as someone else stated were probably top 6 in wages at the time.

Whether that's fair or not, perceptions have changed on him.  He was offered jobs by bigger clubs struggling at the time, now they're about to start stuggling again under creaking wage bills his reputation isn't attractive enough for directors and their belief of what fans want.  He'll have to take a risk and take someone like Birmingham on, and hope to God he doesn't turn into a Manchurian Candidate Manager.
  • Options
    Come on Colin.
    Fallen out of fashion, whilst Harry, Hodgson, Moyes, Holoway, Allardyce, Jol are still in work?
    Not fantasy speculation, surely?
    Maybe the main reason is that he doesnt want or need some two bit job with priciple free chairmen?

I suggest you have another look at what he achieved at West Ham.

He doesnt HAVE to take anyone on.
  • Options
    floyd - he wants a prem job and will look in the champ if he can't get one - they were his words on a sky tv interview last summer. case closed.
  • Options
    Back to Forest for a mo. I am hoping they will go for the Millwall manager. 
    As for Curbs, I suspect his best managerial days are behind him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back to Forest for a mo. I am hoping they will go for the Millwall manager. 
    As for Curbs, I suspect his best managerial days are behind him.
    i like that -  millwall have peaked and jackett leaving will accelerate their inevitable decline
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Don't know what happened there!

This is the link anyway:

http://www.skysports.com//tv_show/story/0,,12384_5682689_12384,00+en-USS_01DBC.html
  • Options
    thought I read that Cardiff were to interview Curbs for their job vacancy.
  • Options
    Curbs seems to have fallen completely off the radar - hope he gets a decent job soon
    Curbs is quick becoming the George Graham of our time.
    Mentioned for every single job going but no chairman willing to touch him with a barge pole.
    Alternatively, perhaps he is simply doing what he wants.
    He has TMK only put himself in the frame for one job.
    Not exactly the actions of a desperate man.

Do you have once scintilla of evidence that chairmen 'arent willing to touch him with a barge pole', as you so charitably put it?
    I'll dig the evidence out if you want (it is on an another thread about Curbs) but he admitted on Sky a year or so ago that the has been looking for a job since he left West Ham and had not been waiting for his case to be resolved before doing so.

There are three main reasons why he isn't a Manager now.

The first is that he was too choosy at the outset. The Managers who stay employed are prepared to go down a level to do so. Out of sight is out of mind. The Allardyce's, Hodgsons, Hughes etc etc use the less fashionable clubs as stepping stones but Curbs initially set his sights too high.

The second is that he did sue his Employer. In football it is relatively unknown for a Manager to walk away at the end of his contract with both the Club and Manager both happy. Curbs has on his CV that he sued his employer for every penny his contract was worth (despite the fact he chose to walk) and whilst he was right to do so, any future employer will have at the back of their mind that he might do the same to them if there is any fall out.

The third is that he was part of the regime that resulted in West Ham to the financial position they are now in. His first three signings were Calum Davenport, Nigel Quashie and Luis Boa Morte and these were followed by the likes of Kieran Dyer and Freddie Ljungberg (both crocks and on ridiculous salaries) along with the £200,000 a week man Luca Neill. He would argue that he didn't sign the cheques but for someone aspiring to prove himself at the very top he has been tainted by that. 
    floyd - he wants a prem job and will look in the champ if he can't get one - they were his words on a sky tv interview last summer. case closed.
    So there you have it Floydy.

And why the hell should I have to back all my statements up with facts anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well well well. rumour is moyes has resigned now...
  • Options
  • Options
    Don't know what happened there!

This is the link anyway:

http://www.skysports.com//tv_show/story/0,,12384_5682689_12384,00+en-USS_01DBC.html
    Thanks AA. Looks like he had an interesting year immediately after the West Ham fiasco.
    I wonder if he is still in the same boat 2 years after that interview?
  • Options
    Looks like Davies fell foul of the rather soviet-sounding
    ''transfer acquisitions committee''
    Not sure McLaren is the man, but according to 5Live "He was looking for this challenge. He could have gone back to Holland,
    where he has previously managed FC Twente, to earn three times the
    amount Forest are offering him. But he wants to be back in English
    football. They are in advanced talks."
  • Options
    Davis had been publicly bad mouthing the board for a few seasons and they were probably looking for an excuse to get rid of him. No doubt McLaren, who has an excellent record in club management had been approached before yesterday. Davis' comment about the board may make it harder for him to get future employment. The McLeish resigning by e-mail is a strange one.