Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Green - Confirmed Signing, 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Options
    Honestly mate, I mean it!He wasnt given the service last season!His all round play is very good!!
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say he's rubbish ;0 )
    LOL

Next 48/72 hours going manic as people demand more news and read something into every tweet or internet comment.

When it's on the OS  CAFC twitter, till then chill
  • Options
    Benno's a decent player but a poor messiah. He was our first money signing in years and people expected him to score a goal a minute and drag us into the Championship. Plus him failing added fuel to the anti-Parky brigade's fire. I think he does a good job for us and is definietly improving his game. He'll probably drop down behind Hayes in the pecking order but I'm sure Green can provide Benno the service he likes. He's done it before
  • Options
    Honestly mate, I mean it!He wasnt given the service last season!His all round play is very good!!

Then we will have to agree to disagee! Especially the last part of you post!! I couldn't disagree more!

Anyway if we sign a player that can cross a ball and Benson gets a run in the team, then he will have no excuses. I hope he turns into a 25 goals a season man.....however....

• Options
    Midfield taking shape, now lets revamp the defence.
  • Options
    Benno scored 10 goals last season, so hardly a failure - with a better service in a better team, he'd be capable of doubling that.

More to come from Benno.
  • Options
    doubt he'll be starting in the first choice line up.
  • Options
    Benno was an improving player last season, came here as a poacher, and by midway through the season was having to adapt the way he played. He's good in the air, and though he's not very quick he is a tireless runner
  • Options
    He's still at his best in the box .....poacher's instinct.

Give him the service, he'll get his fair share of goals.
  • Options
    we didn't have alot of that 'service' last year so 10 goals from a poacher type player is good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Benno was an improving player last season, came here as a poacher, and by midway through the season was having to adapt the way he played. He's good in the air, and though he's not very quick he is a tireless runner
    You echo my opinion Sam!
  • Options
    Benson has an eye for goal and works hard for the team.  Finds space in the box well and is decent in the air.  Has a brain.

Not strong on the ball and not fast.

Doubt he will start the season before BWP or Hayes but injuries, suspensions, substitutions etc etc will all give him a chance and with Hayes, Jackson and possibly Green he shouldn't be short of chances when he does get on.

It's a squad game and players like him and yes even Francis and McCormack if they stay will have a part to play.  How about we prove the Daggers fans wrong and give the players wearing the shirt, whoever they are, a break and a bit of support.
  • Options
    looks promising but still won't believe until it's officially confirmed
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    All of our strikers will be much better once they have a decent midfield behind them - something which it looks like we're starting to build.

Green with Waggy as backup would be a pretty formidable combination for this division. Fingers crossed he signs.
  • Options
    looks promising but still won't believe until it's officially confirmed
    Yep definitely not complete yet. From the SLP article on Stephens-

"The Addicks are also in a four-way fight for Dagenham's Danny Green."
  • Options
    Benson is quite a frustrated footballer - his brain knows what it wants to do, but his doesn't have the technical ability to do it.

As long as he isn't used as a link up player, and instead spends most of his time in the penalty box, then he can be a great asset for the team.
  • Options

I have just heard Danny Green is with people from our club as we speak abroad somewhere, any ideas where???

As soon as cash is recieved into Daggers announcement will be made

• Options

Green's borther has just confimed he's away on Twitter...

Defo not gunna think he has signed until its on the OS!

There will defo be bids from Championship Clubs while he's still on holiday especially if he's away until early July as has been reported! Panic! Be typical if he goes Palace...

• Options

I have just heard Danny Green is with people from our club as we speak abroad somewhere, any ideas where???

Where did you get this from? Highly doubt it...
  • Options
    Benno scored 10 goals last season, so hardly a failure - with a better service in a better team, he'd be capable of doubling that.

More to come from Benno.
    This - spot on Oggster
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Throw in tickets to Seigfried & Roy to seal the deal!!
  • Options
    BWP, Hayes and Benno with undoubtedly one more to come.

Looking good to me.

Think of those three Benno won't start too often and I don't think he is what I would call an impact sub but there will be enough games I suspect for Benno to score a few.
  • Options

Nothing wrong with Benson at all, like him but we hardly helped him at all in the way of service.

All we can do now is get behind EVERYONE in the shirt and hopefully they will pay us back.

• Options

Dont shoot the messanger just telling you what i heard from the same person who told me about Benno, and Green earlier

• Options

Spot on, was asked to add more to his game when he came to us. Give him an effing chance or you'll put Danny off.
  • Options
    ive gave benno a lot of support last season. think only once or twice we played to his strengths and he scored...the reid run and cross at home is the one that springs to mind.

with decent service he will come on next season and score some important goals.
  • Options
    First song suggestion "Danny, Danny Green" to Daddy Cool

Come on CAFC Green and Stephens let's make it happen! Fingers crossed!
  • Options

Would be a fantastic signal of intent to get Green. To the fans, other teams in the league and other potential signings.

Benson, I believe, will do well next year. We need a strong squad to get promoted and it looks like we are assembling such a squad.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    I think I set my expectations to high when we signed him, service into him was not great, it was also his first season at this level and he also got sent off a couple of times which was not great, only thing that repeatedly annoyed me was the number of times the ball got lumped up in the air to him, he tried to look as if he was competing in the air but clearly couldn't , not his fault and maybe that frustration boiled down to him getting rash cards.

I'm hopeful that with a season of settling in, and the right service, well see Benno enjoying himself and scoring for fun, loved his overhead kick away to Colchester, as he came running over to us just after he scored.
  • Options
    I think with Green on board (hopefully) and with the type of midfield CP is putting together, Benno will 'profit' from decent and regular service. I'm liking the look of the way the new team is shaping up and I believe CP is looking for Benno to be fighting it out with Hayes for a place alongside BWP and the Green signing gives him the opprtunity to rekindle the partnership they had a Daggers.