Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hearts Statement

2»

Comments

• Options
    What i find sickening is how his club are defending him over this. Think it's a case of they're more concerned about the players value.

Very much agree but I'm afraid I have lost my ability to be shocked at just how low clubs will stoop these days. Here we have a convicted sex offender who is very likely to come into contact with youngsters at his club. I sometimes work with under 18's through my job and I would, rightly, be sacked immediately in the same circumstances (as would most of us I assume) but becuase he has some residual financial value to his employers he gets to carry on playing football for a living. I would like to think that we would take a different view but these days who knows?

I suspect that most fans will not be so forgiving or forgeting!

• Options
    I suspect that most fans will not be so forgiving or forgeting!
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. Opposition fans yes, but Hearts supporters? no. All the time he's playing well they'll be cheering him on. I'm sure many a Coventry supporter was outraged by the behavior of Marlon King...............until they signed him of course. We fans are good at turning a moral blind eye when it suits us. How refreshing it would be if Hearts fans staged a boycott of home games until this individual was sacked.............
  • Options
    I think you'll be surprised tango. Several Hearts fans have already cancelled their season tickets. Local schools have turned down free tickets and cancelled trips to the training ground. At least one major sponsor has pulled out. Hearts stuck with him because of the cost of getting rid and his potential transfer value, I think they will end up losing far more as a result. They only have one pre-season friendly booked at present, for example, and word is no-one else will touch them. This one will run and run through the summer...
  • Options
    Glad to hear it. It's down to fans to show their power that without them, all the chairman has is a stadium and some people. It's fans that turn that into a club.
  • Options
    I would imagine a few of his team mates and colleagues may have a few words to say on the matter when they return for training, wouldn't like to be him on the training pitch.
  • Options
    He's been suspended.
  • Options
    He's been suspended.
    Too late for that in my opinion. The chairman backed him and has only backed down because of the backlash he's now getting. He should resign. I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with someone who has such a lack of morals.
  • Options

"Thomson is early 20s and merely sent an indecent picture or two to 'vulnerable young girls', who, if they were so innocent, what were they doing on chat sites."
    i really hope this comment is sarcasm.

• Options
    He's been suspended.
    Too late for that in my opinion. The chairman backed him and has only backed down because of the backlash he's now getting. He should resign. I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with someone who has such a lack of morals.
    Hearts fans saying this is not enough, he needs his employment contacted terminated. 
    They mostly wanted that to happen last week when the news broke.  Also not happy that it is only because of Sponsor pressure that he has been.  
    Would not like to be a Hearts supporter right now.  If this was us what would we do?   
  • Options
    Depends on who the player was. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2011
    I've heard that Thomson's now looking for a move abroad & his favoured club is Young Boys :-)