Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern

edited June 2011 in General Charlton
Anyone else get caught up in that joke of a train service tonight?

Comments

• Options
    I was waiting for someone to start this. I wasn't too badly affected, only half hour delay. So can't complain compared to a lot of people but still half hour late on a journey that takes 45 mins. Add to that the train everyone piled on at Victoria last week only to be told the radio isn't working and then that whole train to then pile onto another train that is half the size. Oh and another journey that was delayed last week by 20 mins with no explanation. Joke company.
  • Options
    Yep my train was 5 minutes late. Bloody Orpington line
  • Options
    South Useless
  • Options
    If anyone has any complaints please direct them to @Redarmyse7
  • Options
    Oh yeah,left work to get the 1604 which was cancelled the 1614 never showed up so i waited for the 1634 which arrived at 1652 alas it was only 4 carriages long even though it was announced as 10 carriages!! No chance  of getting on it!

I caught the next Bexleyheath line service which was a sardine special which was then announced as being diverted via Charlton seconds after we had pulled out of London Bridge but it pulled into Lewisham on the Sidcup platforms,driver announced the train fast to Sidcup then fast to Dartford but it stopped at all stations.

Only took 2 hours to do a 25 min journey

Top stuff southeastern.
  • Options
    You left work to get the 16.04 train 1965? Has the strike started early?
    ;o)
  • Options
    You left work to get the 16.04 train 1965? Has the strike started early?
    ;o)
    :)
  • Options
    Not just SouthEastern. First Capital Connect also playing silly buggers. Nothing going south from Blackfriars/Elephant. How I managed to get home I'll never know
  • Options
    If anyone has any complaints please direct them to @Redarmyse7
    Yes, if you're traveling out of Euston on the Westcoast Mainline! The charlatans working for Southeastern are nothing to do with me Olly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, yeah. Tell it to the judge!
  • Options
    Same old southeastern. Feckin useless.

Had to go down the crayford line. Then after going past bexley we got stuck outside crayford for 30 minutes with no aircon.
  • Options
    Nice to know that things are so much better since privatisation. I stopped commuting regularly in 1990. Things were shite then and it seems they are still shite.

Glad I live in Norfolk - despite the carrot crunchers and idiots who tail gate you on every road major to lane!
  • Options
    @Plaaayer you were looking good today
  • Options
    I always look good. It's how I roll!

Where was you?
  • Options
    I saw you at gatwick
  • Options
    What you on about you crazy fool!
  • Options
    I saw you at gatwick
    Was the Brighton line messed up!? I sneaked off early, don't want to get caught out in the morning... 
  • Options
    Got the Jubilee Line, was lovely
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I saw you at gatwick
    Was the Brighton line messed up!? I sneaked off early, don't want to get caught out in the morning... 
    Is there a joke in there or are you actually asking? If your asking no it wasn't Brighton line is Southern. if there is a joke.........i still don't get it

@Plaaayer was it not you I saw walking through arrivals about 2pm today?

@Redarmyse7 Am I getting confused?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No joke - I was allegedly in a meeting up the road until 5. If the trains were delayed after that, it'd be good to know in case I get asked how my journey was. To say 'fine' would probably give the game away. 
  • Options
    I got the train at 1810 and it was fine. No problems on Southern lol
  • Options
    DLR FTW.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    4.45 PM I get an e-mail from Southeastern saying "There are no disruptions reported at this time affecting services between your selected stations London Cannon Street to Welling."
    25 minutes later I get to Cannon Street and find delays of well over an hour on my trainline and up to 2 hours on some other lines.

A certain word sprang to mind at this point. C * * * S!!!!!

• Options
    My other half travels to Greenhithe, changed at Lewisham, DLR to Startford then fast train to Ebbsfleet (10 mins), picked her up at 6:30, only 20 minutes or so later than normal.
  • Options
    my train was 35 mins late, and wen it came it was packed out, so had to wait another 25 mins for the next one, total joke.

• Options
    Was heading into London last night. No one at New Eltham to ask what was going on. Displays showing nothing. Went to North Greenwich.
  • Options

When I got to Cannon Street at about 5:30, I could tell there was no way Id be getting a train from there, so walked to London Bridge and jumped on a train that was just pulling in.

Even got a seat, and got treated to a show from the lovely ladys on the 6 seater. One decided to wear a see-through top and thought it was too hot for a bra... I wasnt complaining...

All in all, 15 mins late, but I did get a 10 min walk to London Bridge which means I wont need to hit the gym for the next couple of weeks.

• Options

I have often wondered why they don't sack all the executives and employ model train enthusiasts and train spotters instead - they would work for the love of it and if a train was late they would be suicidal. We currently have a load of tossers running our railways who have no interest in the customers aside from how they can relieve customers of as much of their hard earned money as possible for a terrible service\.

One tip in these far to regular situations- ask a memeber of staff on the platform what you should do to best get home and do the exact opposite. It is always the best way.

Rant over.

• Options
    'got treated to a show from the lovely ladys on the 6 seater. One
    decided to wear a see-through top and thought it was too hot for a
    bra... I wasnt complaining...'

Photos?