Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Notts C & Rochdale Aways

edited June 2011 in General Charlton

Trains booked

Notts C £32,  booked last week

Rochdale £30.50 booked tonight

Singles were cheaper than a  return.

Comments

• Options
    We still need to play Rochdale away from last season don't we?!
  • Options

Definitely not. I went to Rochdale 3 times last season  :-)

NB I'd recommend it. Lovely little ground & lovely boozer next door to the ground, with friendly (but very few) locals & Mark Stuart.

• Options
    edited June 2011

Also went to Rochdale three times, would not recommend the pies although they only had meat and potato, maybe on a Sat when more fans are expected they have more choice. Also went to Notts County.

Both have in common that away fans are seated to the side and have very decent views of the game. Probably will do Rochdale again, and decent train prices atm.

• Options
    I went the first two times but gave up on the 3rd. Glad I did aswell
  • Options
    Went notts c. Best part of that was hoooooooters
  • Options
    Rochdale away (once played) was probably one if the best performances I saw last season.........v unlucky not to get anything from the game and we created a host of chances. 
  • Options
    Thank God Sky haven't decided to move the Notts County game to a time making it impossible for a lot of Charlton fans to get there this time. Train tickets for me cost £23 but I have a 16-25 Railcard. Looking forward to it already.
  • Options
    I went the first two times but gave up on the 3rd. Glad I did aswell

I wen with Golfie and have to agree. Was the best away performance I saw all season (although I mseed Peterborough)
  • Options
    Glad I've seen this thread. Got to book these up as well as Bury away.
  • Options
    Lots of cheap train deals if you book early enough and two singles usually works out better than a return for some bizarre reason. Then the fares get ridiculously high if you leave it to on the day before buying - the buggers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    agreed with some others. rochdale is a nice old fashioned ground and locals were really friendly. never known such quiet roads around a ground after a match ends and still the home fans left early. easy parking for those that drive. i arrived 30 minutes before kick-off and parked 100 yards from main stand.
  • Options
    Anyone planning on doing Bury?
  • Options
    Anyone planning on doing Bury?
    Yes I am though train prices are already extortionate as the goonershite are away at man utd the same day. Am now driving up and staying over the Saturday night.
  • Options
    I wondered why that was. Looks like I'll be driving or getting the coach.
  • Options
    The TV Dates have not been announced so there is a chance the Man Utd game will get moved to the Sunday, hopefully that will make a difference, although probably not!
  • Options

Sorry for not being on topic, but I wondered whether any helpful soul had put together a list of our pre-season friendly fixtures for this summer?

No info on the OS - only the league fixtures.

Have searched for a thread but can't find it....doesn't mean someone hasn't done it, though!

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Just waiting til Sky announce The "official" dates and times.......
  • Options
    Booked trains for Notts, £19.35 return in first class so couldnt really turn it down at that price, getting to Notts at 11:59 and leaving at 6:13 though
  • Options
    Booked trains for Notts, £19.35 return in first class so couldnt really turn it down at that price, getting to Notts at 11:59 and leaving at 6:13 though
    you have to wear a suit and tie in first class to be let in though
  • Options
    you have to wear a suit and tie in first class to be let in though
    It's not that bad, though Trainers and Jeans are a no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    looking forward to Rochdale, one to tick off 'the list'
  • Options
    When do Notts County tickets go on sale?
  • Options
    Rochdale stop over booked, 22 quid train return and score each hotel. On the 9am from ldn first big away of the season for us.
  • Options
    Rochdale stop over booked, 22 quid train return and score each hotel. On the 9am from ldn first big away of the season for us.
    I admire your support, but my definition of 'big' might different to yours.
  • Options
    Tickets for Notts County go on general sale Monday 25th July
  • Options

Only going Hooters for the tits.

• Options
    Do you know what allocation we've been given Epsom?
  • Options
    Don't know the exact figure but should be in the region of 1300
  • Options

how many did we get for Rochdale last year and how many did we take?

i really wanna do this one.

• Options
    Would hope we can sell 1300 for the first away game of the season!