Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Notts C & Rochdale Aways

2»

Comments

• Options
    Calm down lads we're not going to sell out either game are we ?
  • Options
    There were a fair few of us who wanted to go to the County away game last season, it being a ground we haven't visited for ages, but couldn't when Sky moved it to a Friday night. I expect well over 1000 of us there
  • Options
    There were a fair few of us who wanted to go to the County away game last season, it being a ground we haven't visited for ages, but couldn't when Sky moved it to a Friday night. I expect well over 1000 of us there

Precisely - we ain't gonna sell out !
  • Options
    After a campaign by Notts County
    fans, the Club have decided to move fans out of the Kop End at one end of the
    stadium and instead house them in part of the Jimmy Sirrel Stand, located on one
    side of the ground. The normal allocation for this area will be around 1,300,
    although this can be increased for cup games.

On
    my last visit I was very impressed
    with the new stands and had a pleasant day out. The views were generally good as were the
    catering facilities. The local fans seemed friendly enough. The only
    disappointments were that the substantial supporters club didn't allow in away
    supporters and that the ground generally lacked atmosphere, however this may improve with home fans now once again back in their
    traditional home end of the Kop.

Andy McLaren a visiting Hartlepool
    United fan adds; ' The stewards at the back of the away section let us stand and
    even joined in with some friendly banter. There was a reasonable number but they
    kept a low profile and let the fans enjoy themselves. Overall they were a credit
    to the club and made the day enjoyable!'
  • Options
    Rochdale - Away supporters are housed in the Willbutts Lane Stand
    (recently renamed the Westrose Leisure Stand), where the
    view of the action and the facilities are pretty good. Up to 3,650 supporters can be accommodated
    in it and normally away fans are confined to the centre of the stand. If
    required, then this stand can be split between home and away fans. The acoustics
    are excellent, so away fans can really make some noise from within it. This,
    coupled with both home ends singing, makes for a good atmosphere. If Rochdale do
    score then 'Samba de Janeiro'
    blasts out around the ground from the p.a. system.

I
    would say that Spotland in my book, is one of the best footballing days out in
    the country. Friendly & knowledgeable fans, good stewards, good facilities,
    three pubs located at the ground, a great range of pies on offer and not a bad
    atmosphere to boot. In other words, all the right elements to make for a great
    day out. Add a pretty lady on my arm, my team winning six nil and I'll think
    that I have been transported to heaven!

Teresa Jewell a visiting
    Sheffield Wednesday fan adds; 'The ground is homely, with the staff being
    helpful and polite. The pies on sale were worth every penny. Outside of the
    ground, the Church Pub is welcoming for all fans and again the home fans were
    welcoming. Parking though looked pretty bad, so I would advise getting there
    early if you want to park near to the stadium. There is also a chip shop facing
    the away end for something more substantial to eat. I was told it was really
    good'.
  • Options
    Attempting Rochdale again this year.
  • Options

We might get more than 1300 now  :-)

Notts County's football ground can
    now operate at full capacity after a safety review by the city council.

Meadow Lane had its maximum capacity of 20,229 reduced to 70% after a
    previous safety rating.

The council decision was made after an improvement in crowd safety procedures
    at the League One club.

The club's safety officer Brian Walton said he was delighted by the decision
    and praised the behaviour of home supporters.

Mr Walton said: "When I arrived at this club over a year ago it quickly
    became apparent that work needed to be done to not only improve safety
    standards, but also to rebuild confidence in the club within the city council.

"We can now categorically say that Meadow Lane is a much safer place for
    Notts County and Nottingham Rugby fans on matchdays and I look forward to seeing
    the stadium filled with supporters throughout the new season."

In matches where the Jimmy Sirrel stand is segregated to house home and away
    fans, the maximum capacity is now 19,859 and for a match where the whole stand
    is given to away supporters the maximum capacity is 20,229.

• Options
    if anyone can be arsed to go upon the friday theres a new traveldoge in manchester (upper brook street) knocking out family rooms for 15quid a night. bargain
  • Options
    @malaysia, big as in big day/night out, the game is insignificant
  • Options
    Yes you'll all get in easily enough...If you sell out of your allocation, we'll definitely give you more, the away section holds over 4k so home fans will be moved to other stands if you need more.

It's our first game at home this season too, so should be a fair few of us lot (although that's a fair few by our standards, not yours!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the away stand has moved? How easy do you think it will be to get myself a seat in the away, and buy 4/5 seats in the neighbouring home. Its a county fan's birthday so the tickets and booze are on me, I just want them close so that I can give it some during play (though no shaking of fists).
  • Options
    The TV Dates have not been announced so there is a chance the Man Utd game will get moved to the Sunday, hopefully that will make a difference, although probably not!
    Man Utd game has been moved to the Sunday now. 
  • Options
    I have been informed that Hooters in Notts has gone into admin and has been shut down
  • Options
    I have been informed that Hooters in Notts has gone into admin and has been shut down

You mean it's gone tits up ?
  • Options
    anyone know how many we've sold?
  • Options
    I've got mine, I reckon we'll have over a 1000 next Saturday.
  • Options
    still not got round to getting mine, had my train tickets for a month or so now! I'll buy Monday.
  • Options
    Come on get yourself up there. We need to support the team (in our promotion winning season :-)
  • Options
    Going this saturday and the following tuesday at Colchester.
  • Options
    So dissapointed I can't go to this. Leaving for holiday on Friday and coming back on the Saturday of the home game v Scunny, meaning I miss both games :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know how many weve sold for the notts county game?
  • Options
    For next weekend just as a heads up if you're getting the train from St Pancs, the Circle Line is closed and Northern Line closed on the London Bridge branch to St Pancs
  • Options

My Sunday Football teams bonding weekend this weekend and the surprise venue for this years tour is........ Nottingham

So i'll shall be having a look in

• Options
    Going Saturday COYR
  • Options
    Top of the table clash!

Come on you pies!
  • Options
    HWakefield, this depends on if the away stand (The Jimmy Sirrel) is split for home/away fans or closed to home fans.  If it's split then the home part will be near our most vocal support in the kop and you will be at the far end next to the family stand, which is our least populated part of the ground.  Even if it's not split, unfortunately you'll probably still have to sit furthest away from the kop....it was part of the councils rules on agreeing to put us back to capacity.

I thought Hooters was still open in Notts...I know they're in admin in the states but didn't think it had filtered down to us yet, but then, I'm female, so I don't know about such things..Don't take my word for it!