Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Former Addicks striker up for Valley return

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm really not sure about this one , Chris would have to get him in on trial see how fit he is , and assess him, would it make sense financially? i know people will say if we get promoted perhaps, i know we need experience , but i'm really not sure what his wages are , and where he'd fit in?
  • Options

Don't see that we are that flush with cash that we can afford to bring anyone in just for their character or presence in the dressing room - unless it was from a specific coaching point of view.

Different matter if it was thought that he could add something to the squad and so have a realistic chance of getting a game.

• Options
    I said character not player!

. Dont remember him being a big character either . Baring in mind he was in a side that contained Robbo and Kins.
  • Options

Liked Euell a lot, and wish him well, but let's be honest - the guy is out of work and wants a pay cheque for the next year. So no surprise he's suddenly keen on coming back. Or, I suspect, going to anyone else who will give him another year's contract.

Don't blame the guy in the slightest for pledging his willingness to come back in the hope of getting a new contract here. We'd all do the same. But let's not kid ourselves he's got some fantastic desire to end his career back at the Valley. He just - totally understandably - wants another pay day.  

• Options
    Read 'OhEddieYouds' first paragraph. Absolutely spot on IMHO.
  • Options

Euell was not so good with his back to goal and that is probably the kind of player we need now to compliment the other 3, someone with real aeriel presence.

Think we should keep moving forward as shown by our recent signings and not back to the past.  

• Options

No doubt he would be a great influence in the dressing room, but he might not spend a lot of time on the pitch...

I just can't see where he would fit in TBH, so it would represent a waste of wages to my mind (no real room for in midfield and he would be unlikely to be a proper forward these days), so all the best in finding another club Jason.

I'm sure if we wanted him, he would be in the gym now getting knackered out with the rest of the squad!

• Options

What's the point of tying up valuable wages on Euell?

Agree 100% with this
  • Options
    No from me, it would be a backward step.
  • Options
    For us or him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For us or him?
    For us and him, at 34 all his steps will be backward from now on
  • Options
    Crap journalism - phone up old player and ask "Would you come back ?"and create a headline out of nothing.  Well on the pulse...
  • Options
    If CP wanted him we'd already be talking to him, presumably.  I'm guessing this "interview" was his agents idea?
  • Options
    I'll always associate Jase with the good times, and he had a big part in that.
    He's a good egg.
    But, never look back, his time has passed.IMO
  • Options
    Sadly I thought he looked past it when he played against us for Southampton a few seasons back.
    His control was never the best and that would be compounded now he has lost some pace.
    I'd rather get Super Kev back cos he's still a youngster!
  • Options
    I'm not sure on Jase, We need a 4th forward. We have Hayes a natural target man, Wright-Phillips a fast striker who likes to play off the last defender, and Benson is more of a poacher comes alive in the box not the best footballer just a goalscorer. David Mooney is on a free transfer, and even though opinons on him are mixed, I'll have him as he offers something different, his off the ball movement into the channels, and he is useful in coming deep to link up play with the midfield oh and last season he did prove he can score goals in this division.
  • Options
    I'm not sure on Jase, We need a 4th forward. We have Hayes a natural target man, Wright-Phillips a fast striker who likes to play off the last defender, and Benson is more of a poacher comes alive in the box not the best footballer just a goalscorer. David Mooney is on a free transfer, and even though opinons on him are mixed, I'll have him as he offers something different, his off the ball movement into the channels, and he is useful in coming deep to link up play with the midfield oh and last season he did prove he can score goals in this division.
    Please not Mooney!!