Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I think that we're getting to some people....

13»

Comments

• Options
    I received a nice simple text from a Huddersfield fan I know.

"Well Charlton are winning the league then"

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Drawnablank said

- received a nice simple text from a Huddersfield fan I know.

"Well Charlton are winning the league then"

Nice accolade from a Terrier but as we all know promotions aren't won on paper and they are one of my favourites to go up next season hopefully with us COYR
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The proof of the pudding is always in the eating. We are happy and rightly so but the season is a long one. As has been said, it doesn't really matter what Sheff Wednesday fans think or say they think, what matters is how what is looking to be a very strong squad will gel. Better players tend to gel better than worse ones so we are rightly optimistic but everything we say before the season starts is just talk.
  • Options
    Power could easily mess this up if he's not competent. Hopefully he will be. For knows I love the man
  • Options

This was from a deluded Exeter fan on one of their forums.

"If true, and this is the type of player charlton are in for, i can only see their decline continuing, perhaps a flirt with relegation this season is on the cards then? Certainly don't see them as a challenger for promotion."

• Options
    My memory of Watford is going to their ground and being amazed at how shite it was. No way they are a bigger or better club than us.
  • Options

Its a great feeling just to have players signed to 3 year deals and men like Vetere and Hart behind the scenes. You can't buy this division straight away... Let's not forget it was Brighton who stormed this division and not Southampton.

It feel like we're on that programme "extreme makeover : home edition". We were cast down with an ugly (literally, he was very ugly) affliction that left us in dire straights and unable to look after ourselves. All of a sudden our house has been rebuilt, a foundation has been laid and we can look forward to the future again. Soon we will only remember the scars of our ugly affliction but no longer see them. 

• Options
    i think you're right urban, but this is more foundations than anything, we do need another youngish cb ( legge) and were set for at least 2 years.
  • Options
    Hope we are. Will nice to get a bit of fear factor for opponents coming to The Valley. Been a pushover too many times in the last few years and want a team that opponents are concerned about when they see us as next fixture.
  • Options
    Extreme makeover? at the rate we're signing players, i'd say more like 60 minute make-over. Just hope we're not papering over the cracks. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm happy with this, but quite aware that we've gone from having "one of the best squads in the league" to having "one of the best squads in the league".

I'm with Henry at the mo.
  • Options
    Are you comparing cardgans? ;-)
  • Options
    I'm happy with this, but quite aware that we've gone from having "one of the best squads in the league" to having "one of the best squads in the league".

Plus we still have the best player in the league... McOxo!
  • Options
    Are you comparing cardgans? ;-)
    Me and Henners have both dropped cardigans for this season, and will henceforth be sporting cowboy boots, trench coats and french crops.
  • Options
    Me and Henners have both dropped cardigans for this season, and will henceforth be sporting cowboy boots, trench coats and french crops.
    Copying my look then?
  • Options
    http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=152138

They're talking about signing Mooney, and someone even mentioned McKenzie.

Maybe we should let them know Dickson and McLeod could be available?
  • Options
    i think izale's realized he's only good at league 2 and will stay with barnet to fight relegation.
  • Options

Cant stand them, will never forget them singing always look on the bright side of life to us when we first got relegated from the premiership!

Long may the loathing continue!!

Was that the game where we came back from to 0-2 and beat them 3-2?  I'd forgotten about that.
  • Options

Cant stand them, will never forget them singing always look on the bright side of life to us when we first got relegated from the premiership!

Long may the loathing continue!!

Was that the game where we came back from to 0-2 and beat them 3-2?  I'd forgotten about that.
    No the first season we got in to the Premiership we played them last home game of the season when our relegation was confirmed, and just after the final whistle they sung "always look on the bright side of life"!
  • Options
    We're doing something similar to soton in acquiring the best players but plenty of charltons teardrop posse were crying about that but it's ok now we're outspending all and sundry.......
    Clownshoes
    I doff my hat