Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Back The Board

Comments

• Options
    If you want to back the team we're 12/1 to win the league with Totesport.
  • Options
    Thinking of getting a season ticket - even if I can't make all the home games because of commute from Cardiff - just to do my bit for the promotion bid and to give the board something back.
  • Options
    Thinking of getting a season ticket - even if I can't make all the home games because of commute from Cardiff - just to do my bit for the promotion bid and to give the board something back.
    that's the spirit
  • Options
    Youll need a ST to guarantee you get a cup final ticket so wise get one.
  • Options
    Perhaps(a big perhaps) the moaning will now stop.

I am going to get me and my son a new season ticket each after stating that I would not renew and would go to mainly away games.

Anyone else doing the same now
  • Options
    Happy with what the board are doing at the moment but find it hard to back them given we have no idea where the money has come from and who the real backers are, could be a bunch of Russian gangsters for all I know.
    Or Fred Goodwin.
  • Options
    Happy with what the board are doing at the moment but find it hard to back them given we have no idea where the money has come from and who the real backers are, could be a bunch of Russian gangsters for all I know.
    Or Fred Goodwin.
    Fair enough but the ST income is still important to the Club.  There is a budget and every bit helps.
  • Options
    When does the first match go on sale?.Is it next Wednesday?.
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I am going to get me and my son a new season ticket each after stating that I would not renew and would go to mainly away games.

Anyone else doing the same now

Past couple of years but for financial reasons hadnt the cash to splash out on an ST (bad i know as i could have sacrificed other stuff) even though i probably spent as much as the ST would cost in the end both seasons as still went regularly. 

Did a couple of aways last year but cashflow is a bit better now and got my ST a few months back and am hoping to go to a load of aways this year too.

Cant bloody wait.

• Options
    May be a silly question but in terms of away days where does the money for our ticket sales go? How much do we get?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it all goes to the home club and its only tv revenue that is split?
  • Options
    May be a silly question but in terms of away days where does the money for our ticket sales go? How much do we get?
    Nothing
  • Options
    Nothing

Cheers HI, I was hoping we'd get something from it as planning to do all but two aways next year. Will have to get the new away kit and get in on the CL kit sponsorship.
  • Options
    I love this club again :)
  • Options

Sitting here watching Kent implode but smiling at all this positivity & optimism.

Well done to all of those who believed from the start that the new "gaffers" would be true to their word.

Like to think I was in that minority, but I'm not crowing.

Just SO pleased that it's all coming together & SO proud of the way we are conducting our business.

The pride is back in this great Club and it's been worth waiting for. Keep believing and who knows what will be the ultimate prize ?

Charlton ARE back !!!!

• Options

From the Sheff Wed site:

'Charlton have conducted some absolutely superb business.

People saying "we did the same last season" are well off-the-mark. We got players in early, but we got players who had nothing to play for. We acquired a lot of players, who with hindsight, were past it.

Charlton have conducted their business early, but they've signed players who are the right age, with ambition and something to prove.

Green and Wiggins are two superb captures, and the likelihood is, at the very least, they'll get their money back on them. You would also expect both players to settle in quickly, and hit the ground running. Those two, along with Stephens and Hollands are proven League One players with quality, at an age where they can continue developing.

If we had signed these players, I would have been over the moon. They got players in early, and as a consequence it's drawn in some further signings who perhaps otherwise wouldn't have signed for them.

I can't help but feel we have been left behind in the transfer market by Chris Powell and the Charlton board. Very impressive indeed. I'm just hoping Powell turns out to be as bad a manager as Irvine.'

Beating Sheff Weds to players has the double advantage of meaning that they have a weaker squad with which to challenge us.  However, I do think that they will buy some quality players (Mandaric always splashes the cash) and be our main threat next season.

• Options

Sums it up , really .

How long is it since we've been called " very impressive " ? High praise indeed and long may it last.

• Options
    Good stuff. I had an inkling we might have tied up Wiggins a while back and were just waiting for Watford to have a bid accepted to find out where B'muff's transfer fee line was and match it.

I'm now happy to renew my season ticket as long as the club promise not to send me any more letters about Simon Bubble tribute acts,

• Options

Sometimes it takes an outsider to be properly objective.

One of the points he makes is worth re-iterating - we've got these players in early. Pre-season training starts tomorrow and the bulk of the squad are in place, that means we have a full six weeks before the season kicks-off, so Pwell can spend more time on the training pitch with them and not dicking around on the phone or disappearing to meet players and their agents. the last few seasons players have arrived, and left in dribs and drabs.

• Options
    *Not a criticism*

How much have these 9 (I think) players cost ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it's time we had a new nickname; The Addicks, Valiants, Robins and Reds are all a little old now.  I suggest we become The Mounties, because we always get our man.
  • Options
    *Not a criticism*

How much have these 9 (I think) players cost ?

That's undiclosed ;-)

Transfer fees have been paid for Stephens, Wiggins and Green, the others have come on frees. Judging by the rumours I'd say we've spent ca £1m on those three players. Green apparently is on £3k (at least that was the amount being tweeted),  so that is probably what the first team squad players are on - with maybe Pritchard being the non-league recruit on less than that. On top of that there signing on fees of course.

Unless ST renewals go ballistic then the new board are taking on a big loss.

• Options
    Don't forget the £1m plus we got for Jenkinson
  • Options
    The three most recent ones rumoured to be about 300k each.

Pope and Pritchard might have commanded very small fees.

The others were all out of (or released from) their contracts from what I can gather.

So we've probably spent around £1m (the Jenkinson money?) on fees so far, I would speculate.
  • Options
    Don't forget the £1m plus we got for Jenkinson

Again that was undisclosed, although the deal was for £1m or £2m or whatever I doubt that we got that much now, probably a fraction with the rest in stage payments.
  • Options
    The Board have got their tactics absolutely spot-on this close season. Targeting the cream of League 1 and crucially getting in there early has alerted other players to our ambition, and it has created a snowball effect. It feels so good to support a club that feels like it is going places again.

Well done to everyone involved.
  • Options
    aswell as the best players in league 1 i hope we sign a few proven experienced players
  • Options
    Less than what we got for jenkinson,

We will still sign 2 more full-time and 2 or 3 will come nearer the end if the window on loan I reckon,

• Options

For the first time in a long time things are looking up, I am allready getting my season ticket on zebra finance,  cant wait for the season to kick off,

Millwall away preseason will be a good chance to see what we have on offer, I also hope we can bump the numbers on away games this season, Take my word for it The lads are going to need the support on a dark cold tuseday night, Or a cold afternoon on boxing day at yeovil

• Options
    The Board have got their tactics absolutely spot-on this close season. Targeting the cream of League 1 and crucially getting in there early has alerted other players to our ambition, and it has created a snowball effect. It feels so good to support a club that feels like it is going places again.

Well done to everyone involved.
    Spot on Roof!