Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away day treatment by the Police.

2»

Comments

• Options

Firstly i want to say that the action was and is shocking in the context in which it was reported, the injury sustained is unacceptable but i am always uneasy when someone is unwilling to follow the thing through to th end if yoiur innocent then your right and personal resolve to prove your innocence woud be a fundemental in pursuing justice, lets face it the fella could make huge money out of the personal injury route.

not saying he deserved it just i feel there is more to it than reported,

we all know what OB are like once they put on the uniform and face football fans, they love it, its what they joined for in some cases,

just dont know if this is truely one of them cases

i might be clouded in my judgement by all things stripey but thats the way i see it

• Options
    NLA - I sympathise with the above view, and lord knows there is a lot of old shite written/said about the old bill (who have, let's face it, a fucking horrible job in the main). However, having had first-hand experience of being roughed up by them when I was 14 at a school football match (for little reason other than asking a man to apologise to my Mother for calling her a stupid cow (little did I know he was an off-duty copper, which apparently gave him carte blanche to behave exactly how he wanted)) I can tell you that being pissed off about it, and actually having the bollocks to go through with all the hoops necessary to formalise any complaint against them are two different things entirely.

I know not ACAB, but in this case my sympathies lie with the stripey nigel mug.
  • Options
    Sometimes it isn't just the old bill that enjoy it some fans do too.
  • Options
    If all this is true then it's disgusting these scum have a job in the Career I want.

But I am with NLA the fact he has not followed through with his legal action is very, very suspicious and we only ever hear the events of the "victim" in the media because the police are legally banned from being able to talk to the media themselves. It's left to commissioners etc.
  • Options

tbf according to the article 

;The dog handlers and Meyers' custody are the responsibility of Thames Valley police, who say: "We have no record of a complaint against the police regarding this incident and therefore it would be inappropriate to comment." Amanda Jacks at the Football Supporters' Federation says: "Standard procedure is to wait until the end of criminal proceedings before making a formal complaint."

So I would hope legal action was imminent.

• Options

Leroy, iu too have had run in's with the boys in blue and like Rob said sometimes i have enjoyed it (not good i know and i have grown up now) but you were 14 mate this fella aint, he is being painted as good stock ( not thatr you wernt LA) but the pictures far too biased, i just reckon this aint all its scrubbed up to.

me and a cozzer had a right old set too away from footie a friday night dust up, i got the better hand and gave him a shoeing, i got set upon by his pals in hindsight rightly so as i understand the bond they had for him, LA i was battewred had shoe marks all over my body bar my swede, 2 proper shiners and a nice fat lip, this was in the days of paul condoms leadership, i wernt a saint far from it, we spoke about legal action and i recieved a fine letter annomus from a frierndly copper ( i later found out it was a fella many of us loved and knew from charlton)

his advice dont do it you will be nicked for everything you do that is a misdemeanor so i took that advice but trust me the OB Went way too far if it wernt for 1 woman cozzer i reckon i may have been permanently damaged, Yet even though me and the original cozzer had a barney, for the record  I may have not wanted to get nicked but i never through the first punch,kick, spit, or knee to the bollox , but i certainly gave the fella something to think about once he did, i was so annoyed at the scale of what happend to me over the forth coming hours in plumstead nick 4 to be precise between my first cell beating and my last i wanted to take it further.

and i was not innocent not by a long stretch

just reckon he did do a bit of his own down fall even if he didnt deserve the scale of what happend

• Options
    The police use kettling tactics at demonstrations where they have the right to corral groups of protestors into a confined area and basically keep them there without allowing them to use a toilet, get food or drink and can keep them there for hours, regardless of any discomfort. This apparently is legal.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I must admit I have seen some similar incidents over the years  - some Police have a poor attitude towards away fans- A small minority are trouble makers but they tar everybody wit the same brush.

Worst I saw was when we played Sheff Wednesday away a year after the tragedy - some innocent fans got a hard time from the ar****les
  • Options

Makes you think twice about going to away games, especially if you can't make it to all home games due to financial constraints.

Years ago at Brighton I witnessed an unprovoked attack on a Charlton fan by a copper. Of course there are good policemen but my own views are coloured by the fact that the worst bully at my old school, with some serious personal issues, was welcomed into the police with open arms.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone remember riot police causing a bit of trouble on the way back from a Bolton game quite a few years ago ?

A few weeks afterwards a few of us stayed in the liberal club way after the CAFC fans had gone home after a match and we ended up being accused of being undercover old bill and threatened 
    (eventually had someone vouch for me to confirm I was only a lowly Bank Cashier 

... that was a fun night !!!!
  • Options

Makes you think twice about going to away games, especially if you can't make it to all home games due to financial constraints.

Years ago at Brighton I witnessed an unprovoked attack on a Charlton fan by a copper. Of course there are good policemen but my own views are coloured by the fact that the worst bully at my old school, with some serious personal issues, was welcomed into the police with open arms.

It shouldn't. I have been to many away games and seasons full of home games and have never once given the police or stewards any reason to even notice me. Luck? I don't think so.
  • Options
    Was only last year when everyone on here was laughing at the 15 year old spotty Millwall kid was given a backhander from plod.

There are various degrees of force to be used by the police. If two sets of men are trying to go at it, throwing punches, kicks and swinging weapons then I'd expect batons & dogs to be let off the leash.

When it's far less than that, like this incident, allowing a dog to maul at a blokes face as he is handcuffed on the floor & refusing him treatment...well, that seems a little beyond the pale.

There are ob that love the trouble. Whether it's a minority, a large minority or the majority I don't know. All I do know and this is from the horses mouth, those from Lewisham nick love doing Millwall games, want trouble to kick off and will even seek to instigate reactions from fans.
  • Options
    Ah, so it's the police that start trouble at Millwall is it? That makes sense.
  • Options
    No need to take it out of context. You know exactly what I meant, but let's not let a serious discussion get in the way of reeling off the same prejudiced views.
  • Options
    Didn't take anything out of context old son. 

You said, "All I do know and this is from the horses mouth, those from Lewisham nick love doing Millwall games, want trouble to kick off and will even seek to instigate reactions from fans." 

Don't think anyone had mentioned Millwall until you did, but when you do it always seems to be in the context of things being someone else's fault, when the fact is that we all know most of your fans love and feed off their "reputation". (Note I said "most", unlike you saying that "everyone" on here was laughing about some 15 year old getting a slap - which I'm sure you will agree just simply isn't true.
  • Options
    Off_it you're obsessed mate! Must be better things to do than jump on any post made about Millwall!

Re; the thread topic - truley shocking yet is anyone remotely surprised? Football fans haven't had 'human rights' for years now!
  • Options
    There are ob that love the trouble. Whether it's a minority, a large minority or the majority I don't know. All I do know and this is from the horses mouth, those from Lewisham nick love doing Millwall games, want trouble to kick off and will even seek to instigate reactions from fans.

If true a marriage made in heaven - yobs in blue uniforms meet yobs in blue replica kits.

But when you say you've heard it "from the horses mouth" I take it you've been told this by a police officer at Lewisham? Or is this one of those I feel sorry for myself rants that Millwall fans like to indulge in?
  • Options
    Off_it you're obsessed mate! Must be better things to do than jump on any post made about Millwall!  
    Sorry? Do I tell you what to post?
  • Options

If true a marriage made in heaven - yobs in blue uniforms meet yobs in blue replica kits.

But when you say you've heard it "from the horses mouth" I take it you've been told this by a police officer at Lewisham? Or is this one of those I feel sorry for myself rants that Millwall fans like to indulge in?
    He IS a police officer at Lewisham nick BFR - remember?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

He IS a police officer at Lewisham nick BFR - remember?

No, I didn't know that.

Perhaps he beats himself up then?

• Options
    Well to be accurate only if Lewisham nick have horses.  And that Sparrows Lane Lion speaks 'horse'.  Is he Dr Doolittle by any chance? 
  • Options
    Lewisham nick does have horses, and they shit down the end of my road when they're on toolbox duty.
  • Options
    Then all we need to know is whether SLL is really Dr Doolittle and which particular horse he was chatting to. 
  • Options
    Then all we need to know is whether SLL is really Dr Doolittle and which particular horse he was chatting to. 

Or which end of the horse?
  • Options
    Or maybe which end SLL was talking out of.
  • Options
    Bullies hide behind:-

1 strength in numbers
    2 physical prowess
    3 uniforms and positions of power

They are all despicable and I suspect there is at least one category on this thread.
  • Options
    Bullies hide behind:-

1 strength in numbers
    2 physical prowess
    3 uniforms and positions of power

They are all despicable and I suspect there is at least one category on this thread.
    Are we talking the Charlton crowd here or the Charlton team?
    Both seem to fit your criteria.