Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Mills

Currently doing a poorly written weekly article for Teamtalk. On the Nzogbia saga, he said,

"Another player who looks set to move is Charles N'Zogbia and it could well be another case of a player making a move happen.

I did it at Charlton when I said hypothetically: "What if I don't want to play for you next season?"

The club then has an issue, as long as you turn up for training and you don't break your contract and do anything wrong."

Comments

• Options
    That's poor if he really said that. A player I loved watching when he first came to us from Norwich reserves and left a great England prospect - but goes to show what players these days will do to get what they want.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Mills stiffed us twice. The first as above & the 2nd time when back on loan & wanted Xmas off, so ran round like a lunatic against I think Hull. Never in my life have I seen someone so intent on getting themself sent off. He suceeded just before half time I think & was banned for probably 3 games. He got Xmas off to be with his family up North & I don't think he returned as his loan expired at the end of December.

Mills may do work for charity but he is still a Grade A you know what !

• Options
    It does jusr go to show that there is no loyalty at all. As rollo says, when he joined us in 1998 he was in Norwich reserves and going nowhere - he spent just over a season with us & left us to join a top 6 side, at leasrt trippled his income (plus signing on fee) and the faithfull Valley  fans welcomed him back (either when playing for OR against us)
  • Options
    Golf i agree with you there is no loyalty , but when you think about it they have a relatively short career , and its all about getting as much out of it as you can , not saying i like it , but can you blame them?

So who do you think will be the 1st Charlton player this season to kiss the badge after scoring a goal?
  • Options
    Mills was a washed up mess, stuck in the Norwich reserves following a row with the gaffer.

Enter Curbs to resurrect his career (same with Luke Young), and all he can say in return is the above.

V poor.
  • Options
    First player to kiss the badge this year, it's got to be WP!!! Then he'll nick your hand bag and make a leg for it!!
  • Options
    Your right Phil , bit ungrateful.
  • Options
    Don't you mean BWP?
  • Options
    Yep, him too ;)
  • Options
    Wait till Nla sees this thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    glad i didn't sponsor his shirt. Can't you guys put the shirt sponsorship money towards something for the fans - cheaper away coach travel or something for those who really put it in for the club?
  • Options
    Wait till Nla sees this thread

The fudging bloke is a no good no mark p***k I should've thrown him off the balcony at the o2 ,

Why do they do this , he could see anyone anywhere, and end up on the end of a smack , it must be down to money and greed, no respect

I hate Danny mills
  • Options
    for someone who you'd think, has half a brain,  he'd just keep his nutdown and not mention why and what he did these stupid things for but maybe hes too honest or open or fancies himself too much or has in fact no savvy or doesnt have half a brain to realise what he's said is offensive to the fans of clubs where his actions have affected things

players engineering moves is nothing new and for him it obviously was a good leg up financially and career wise helped him push on so i can sort of understand what he's said above

but too deliberately get himself sent off for us is an absolute disgrace when i'm sure he could have said to the gaffer he really didnt fancy being away for the christmas period from his family and could he cut his loan short and given the manager a chance to sort things out (and im being kind to him saying that but he was hardly at his hungriest part of his career)

• Options
    As a player when he joined from Norwich, i really thought we had someone special on our hands. A born leader, ready to go out there and give everything for the club and a future captain. Can't blame him for wanting to move to Leeds, as they were (at the time) a top six club. I was told at the time (just before the move) that he was using the power players now have to force a transfer, knowing that Leeds were interested in him.

As I said, can't blame him for wanting the move, just the way he went about it.

Apart from fans,I don't think the words loyalty and football go together in the same sentence anymore.

• Options
    Mills is a dicksplash, but all he was saying was that he'd rather be playing somewhere else. He ended up picking up a few England caps, more money and playing in a Champions League semi final. We made a tidy profit, I'm failing to see the issue. I'm far more irritated by what he did in the Hull game.
  • Options
    Never met the guy, but i used to like Danny although I have heard stories about his attitude, but assumed that these were people  that he fell out with.

Rumours aside I thought he was a very important player for us, and I think his 'image' whatever that means, was at odds with his ability and intellect.

I have often moaned at players who are not up for  the game and frankly give an attitude that they would rather be elsewhere.

As I say, never met the guy, but my 'sources' claim that he did confront the management, and they did  not care for his attitude.

'Billy big potato ' was a name used I recall....... 

Perhaps we only  hear what  a version of events are spun out by 'sources' .

I am not saying, or claiming that Mills was right to act in the matters that have been suggested here, but as a player who stood up to be counted, when others seemed shall we say less inclined at least on the pitch
    perhaps  the people concerned with his man management should take some of the  inuendo dished out, after all that is what they were paid for, was it not? 
  • Options
    He was my favorite player Dan

Never meet your heros , I did and wanted to kick ten bells of shite out of him ,

Because he is a scum bag piece of shit, no respect or honour, he didn't give 2 shits about charlton or it's fans

He deserves nothing but contempt,

And a smack in the chops

• Options
    Sorry to hear about your experience with Mills........
    He seems to have  really upset you.......
    By the way all my heroes are dead, not that I had that many in the first place.
    Perhaps Mills sees Leeds and Man City as his main clubs as he played more games for them.
    But then I have worked for people who  I would not 'piss on if they were on fire' so perhaps football is no better than most, and by all accounts if
    you believe half of what is rumoured  football has more than most.
    Mill's goal against villa  was one of the best I saw in a Charlton shirt, and he certainly stood up for the club in those day's.
    I alway's like the Shankly view of football, but that was not always the most popular view, but he spoke as he saw and had a belief. 
    Perhaps like you North he calls a spade a spade?........
  • Options
    He was my favorite player Dan

Never meet your heros , I did and wanted to kick ten bells of shite out of him ,

Because he is a scum bag piece of shit, no respect or honour, he didn't give 2 shits about charlton or it's fans

He deserves nothing but contempt,

And a smack in the chops

Well said.
  • Options
    Overatted player who was a dickhead. Didn't he get sent off once so he could be home for Christmas?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two words...Dick Head. Period
  • Options
    Loved him for us and was pleased we got a good deal when he moved on.

Then came the game he got deliberately sent off for us at a crucial point of the season, so he could spend Xmas with his family. This was the only time of going to football I a actually felt like running onto the pitch and belting someone.

After reading the comments above I wish I had. Makes my blood boil when I hear his name or see his ugly mug on the tv.
  • Options
    Mills is a patron of ASBAH (the Association for Spina Bifida And Hydrocephalus),[13] and has raised money for the charity since the death of his son Archie from the condition in 2002

Perhaps he had   personnal issues at home, obviously issues going on, still feel that being sent off  on purpose was a  very poor professional act, if that was his intent. ........ I am not  Mill's agent or PR supporter, as I say his performances on the pitch were  good to me?

• Options
    Dan he's told me he got sent off deliberately and didn't give two shit about it, the fact we helped him become the player he was and career he had meant fuk all to him , the bloke really got to me that evening, it was a good job I and he had our children with us Aw I can assure you blows would've been had
  • Options
    Dan he's told me he got sent off deliberately and didn't give two shit about it, the fact we helped him become the player he was and career he had meant fuk all to him , the bloke really got to me that evening, it was a good job I and he had our children with us Aw I can assure you blows would've been had

That sounds like a reward rather than a punishment ;-)
  • Options
    I accept your comments North..... very poor form indeed to do that, and puts a big black mark against my regard for the man, both as a player and human being. I had heard the rumour's but Mills was a player who seemed to court  controversey, and wanted to give the guy the benefit of doubt. 
  • Options
    Danny Mills did us a big favour when moving to Leeds because it enabled us to keep Kinsella and the rest intact for our push back to the Premier.
  • Options
    Maybe so, but there's ways of doing things and apparently, Mills only knows that way that suits himself.
  • Options
    After mills left for Leeds he still hadx my respect , I remember us playing Leeds where mills and bowyer got great receptions from us at elland rd,

My opinion changed the same season that he he got sent off on purpose, I see him 2 or 3 mths after at the 02 like I say mills was in my top 5 fav players of all time for us that is how high I rated him, wish I still could because its horrible to get your opinions so wrong

• Options
    Danny Mills did us a big favour when moving to Leeds because it enabled us to keep Kinsella and the rest intact for our push back to the Premier.

It's hardly a favour if he wanted to go there, no one had to twist his arm. Never knew that about the sending off, very shitty indeed.