Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Possible Benno Replacements

edited July 2011 in General Charlton

It would be sad to see benno go but if he did the replacement i think we need Le Fondre 50 goals in two seasons but we also need someone big and strong and that Tranmere striker Enoch Showunmi looks a good try he ruined our defence at the valley last season (even though stevie wonder could) but hes presence sort of made the defenders back off a bit and he scored for them at the game at there ground

Comments

• Options
    Mike Grella could do a job i reckon, never really been given a chance at leeds, and his loans weren't too succesful. But theres obvious talent there, still young, and a fresh start could be what he and we need.
  • Options
  • Options
    Kuqui?
  • Options
    what about Mooney 

oops , too late
  • Options
    Kuqi?
    No-fucking-thanks, remember him coming on for Ipswich against us a few years ago, came steaming on from the bench, fully sprinting all the way to the box for a corner, 60 seconds later was on the floor clutching his leg, the funeral march ringing in his ears! 

altogether now........

Dum, dum, dur dum, dum, dur dum, dur dum, dur dummm.... SHIT!
  • Options
    Noel Hunt at Reading?
  • Options
    Hunt has a decent return for Reading nearly a goal every other game in the league. Cant see Reading letting him go though. 
  • Options
    Will Hoskins, Bristol Rovers 17 goals last season don't know how he would do in this team though.
  • Options
    Will Hoskins, Bristol Rovers 17 goals last season don't know how he would do in this team though.

Signed for Brighton
  • Options
    jon nurse, paynter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Signed for Brighton

didnt relize will be a good signing for them then
  • Options
    Noel Hunt at Reading?
    Would be a great signing, but is probably on a decent wage.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    yeah hoskins scored for brighton in friendly at burgess hill
  • Options
    Noel Hunt at Reading?
    Way out of our league
  • Options
    I'd like Le Fondre, always looks sharp to me. Have only seen highlights to be fair though.
  • Options

I like the look of BWP, Hayes, Le Fondre and Cody Mcdonald as the main 4 strikers with Euell fighting for a place to play either up front or sitting behind the striker.

• Options
    well that's not going to happen really is it.
  • Options
    well that's not going to happen really is it.
    Why?
  • Options
    It just won't. Powell is not going to sign Euell, Le Fondre and Mcdonald. He said he didn't want Macdonald ages ago and I'm pretty sure we aren't in for Le Fondre. 
  • Options
    For a start, if in the unlikely event we had that many strikers, Euell isn't gonna be 5th choice. Within 3 games the big question on here will be: " So who should partner Euell up front?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It just won't. Powell is not going to sign Euell, Le Fondre and Mcdonald. He said he didn't want Macdonald ages ago and I'm pretty sure we aren't in for Le Fondre. 

Plus, we still wouldn't have that big lump people keep going on about.
  • Options
    But, Has He gone ?
  • Options
    apparently not
  • Options
    What about nathan tyson or even dexter blackstock worth a shout maybe ?
  • Options
    The fact that we have this French trialist striker and Euell still in with a chance makes me think we aren't in for another striker at the moment and hoping them two show enough. Also get that feeling from Powells interviews that new signings aren't close.
  • Options
    What about nathan tyson or even dexter blackstock worth a shout maybe ?
    either, but what leads you to think that McClaren will sell them for what we can afford and what we can pay .. i.e. not much
  • Options
    well considering blackstock is a first teamer at forest and tyson has just joined derby. we won't get them.
  • Options
    Scunthorpe are in for le fondre, Can't see him moveing south anyhow
  • Options
    Jabo Ibehre
  • Options
    Jabo Ibehre

That would be like swigging from the drip tray at closing time.