Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Possible Benno Replacements

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jabo Ibehre

That would be like swigging from the drip tray at closing time.
    lol
  • Options
    If Benno's staying, I'd sign Euell anyway - he'll do more than a decent job at this level, even if just a squad player - and get one more striker in, perhaps a higher level kid or a half decent lump.
  • Options

I was sitting back hoping that the lack of a real striker being signed  was because CP had one lined up and was waiting for it to happen. I was hoping this was the big signing we all were hoping for.  I am now very worried, if CP thinks selling Benson is ok, and that what he has in this squad will get us out of this leauge, then I think he will be gone by October.

Chris the promotion coach is ready to leave, it needs a driver and thats the bloke who is going to chip in with 18 goals. Sorry can not see he him in the team. BWP good for a dozen he needs a partner.

• Options
    a dozen? for bwp? same bwp that got 25 goals in 2 struggling sides last year?

ralph i have to disagree with you there.
  • Options
    bwp will score goals - it's the players who are going to run the channels, link up play and unsettle the defenders that we need - i'm assuming Hayes does bit of that? but we need a target man and another runner or a bit of a tricky ball to feet man. Benson seems to me like he's a bit of a jack of all trade but master of none - i.e a decent lower league striker but not good enough for where we want to go.
  • Options
    . Benson seems to me like he's a bit of a jack of all trade but master of none - i.e a decent lower league striker but not good enough for where we want to go.

i'm not  sure if he's good enough for where we want  to go but  i am pretty sure he is good enough to take us there , he improved his game big tiime from his first  few to his last  few appearances for us and his work rate is as good as you'll get  from a striker
    if he plays regularly he'll notch 15 league goals for us this season imo
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    oohaahmortimer said

'he improved his game big tiime from his first  few to his last  few
    appearances for us and his work rate is as good as you'll get  from a
    striker
    if he plays regularly he'll notch 15 league goals for us this season imo'

I must have been watching a different player then, he didn't impress when I first saw him, had many below average games mid season (Brighton away he missed chance after chance) had the odd good game Carlisle away? and finished poorly against Hartlepool. I am sure someone will now come on with some stats to fuel the Benson love in but I can only go on what I see and I am firmly in the Golf Addick, SHG and Bexley Dan camp that he is not the answer imho. If he stays I hope he proves me wrong.

• Options
    I'm in the Golf Addick, SHG, Bexley Dan and Deadred camp
  • Options
    Interesting how different people see different players in different ways. Personally Im pleased to see Benno stay, I think he's a hard worker and wins more headers than people give him credit for. I agree with oohaah that he may not be the player we need if we go up, but certainly good enough for a league one club challenging for promotion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We do still look a bit light up top squad wise. Defo need another in - think it will be a loan.
  • Options
    As Powell has formerly withdrawn acceptance of the offer on Benno it appears he will stay and therefore we probably won't be seeking a replacement.
  • Options
    There may yet be other offers.
  • Options
    Let's face it, BWP is (as things stand) a sure starter when fit. I'm sure one of the big selling points put to Hayes was 1st team football. So Benno or whoever comes in to replace him will be a bench warmer, getting maybe 20-30 mins per game if lucky.

So, does anyone realistically think we can get someone better than Benson to keep Doherty company in the dug-out? 

Powell has his front two, all others are there to provide competition.
  • Options
    Mike Grella could do a job i reckon, never really been given a chance at leeds, and his loans weren't too succesful. But theres obvious talent there, still young, and a fresh start could be what he and we need.
    Scored four for Brentford last night.

Good shout Folev
  • Options
    With 5 subs I'm not sure we need a replacement. No point getting someone in for the sake of it when we've got Hayes on the bench, who has shown he is capable of making a decent contribution. Can use the emergency loan route if one of BWP, Kermogant or Hayes get injured.
  • Options
    Loan window shuts at the end of the week or next week i think. 
  • Options

The problem is getting a player who is happy to be a reserve - maybe we don't need such a player.