Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Desperate for Strikers

2»

Comments

• Options

'Op it off it, already stated that wasn't sure of how many times he was top scorer, also stated that he was a good midfielder for us, also stated that he was awful as a striker when he joined us. 1st goal was scored in the October which backs up my statement seeing as he was there from the start of the season............

...........Oh & it was 1 goal in every 4 games

• Options
    How about Wagstaff up front? Got the pace.
  • Options
    could work he got a good goal at leyton orient at the beginning of last season.
  • Options
    Thats the general feeling round here, he hasn't got the ingredients to be a winger IMO, but I think he has got the right kind of movement to be a number 9.
  • Options

'Op it off it, already stated that wasn't sure of how many times he was top scorer, also stated that he was a good midfielder for us, also stated that he was awful as a striker when he joined us. 1st goal was scored in the October which backs up my statement seeing as he was there from the start of the season............

as i said, his record was "something like a goal every three starts"
  • Options
    aslong as hes not on the wing im happy.You saw today, many times he had the chance to take on a conference level defender and all he done was bottle it, run to the corner flag and lose it. he just dosent have the ability to take people on.
  • Options
    i was thinking waggy doesnt look comferable(spelling) as a winger doesnt seem to know what to do then he get there!! as a in the hole forward he looking better
  • Options
    So you are judging Hayes without seeing him, and saying last year's 3rd top league 1 scorer doesn't look threatening? Benson, if he stays, is also capable of 15 goals given the right service. We need one more striker but make no mistake, the ones we have could do the job.
  • Options

Euell was certainly better in midfield, awful when he first joined & played up front & didn't exactly shine afterwards either. Midfield fine but do we need a midfielder rather than a couple of strikers ?

Better in the hole probably, but "awful", wtf are you on about, son?
    I believe he was top scorer for 3 seasons, but more importantly he was a key signing that helped stabilise us in the Premiership.
    I'll always have a soft spot for Jase, nicking goals in the days when we were fighting to stay in with the big boys.
    Frankly he could be mustard in this league, it's just a question of age and motivation; and of course wages
    I stand by what I say, maybe you weren't there, when he first joined & was played up front he couldn't score from 3 yards out, he was awful as a striker. In midfield  he was a good hard working player for us although had a poor 1st touch imo. Not 100% sure but thought he was leading scorer only once & again that was from midfield + he was penalty taker.  
    He took a while to get his first goal, I'll give you that.
    He started scoring long before he was converted to a midfielder.

You apparently were there but didn't actually see anything.
    Euell joined us when we were the "Blackpool" of the premiership; some of his goals were crucial in our fight to establish ourselves in the big league.
    He had faults, but if he didn't he wouldn't have ended up at Charlton.
    I see him as a key part of our premier league adventure

You sound like one of those fans who grew weary of "mid table mediocrity" and who's expectation level outgrew the teams capabilities.
    You probably think that JJ and Bartlett were shit too?

Do you ,mind if I ask how old you are?
  • Options
    I totally agree with what six - a-bag - of - nuts says. Far too many have no appreciation for the huge achievement of Curbishley and his "shit" players like Euell, Kish and Bartlett and the list goes on. Make no mistake the players that got us premier league mediocrity were quality and Charlton through and through. Not until the likes of Marcus Bent and JFH arrived can criticism be levelled at the players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And can we have a reality check here?  Despite how you guys rated him back then (I thought he was a very important signing), I don't want to cause any fatalities here with shock.............but.............................

WE ARE NOW IN THE THIRD TIER OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

He took a while to get his first goal, I'll give you that.
    He started scoring long before he was converted to a midfielder.

You apparently were there but didn't actually see anything.
    Euell joined us when we were the "Blackpool" of the premiership; some of his goals were crucial in our fight to establish ourselves in the big league.
    He had faults, but if he didn't he wouldn't have ended up at Charlton.
    I see him as a key part of our premier league adventure

You sound like one of those fans who grew weary of "mid table mediocrity" and who's expectation level outgrew the teams capabilities.

What I grow weary of is people who don't actually read the post that they're complaining about

You probably think that JJ and Bartlett were shit too?

I probably wouldn't call them shit too   ..........there again I didn't call euell shit either

Do you ,mind if I ask how old you are?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Options

If it's presumed that Hayes and Wright-Phillips are the starting strikers, then the need is for back up. I would be loath to see too much money spent on bench warmers.

It now looks as though Benson might  stay and CP should give him until Christmas to properly assess him. Euell?, I would love to see him re-sign for all the positive reasons expressed across this site . Other striking options? Wagstaff knows how to score as does Jackson and if deperate times call for a long ball/penalty area bombardment approach? then stick Mambo up front and see what he is really made of

• Options

Just after he joined us his child was born and either died soon after or was still born, which was distressing enough for him to have time off.  You don't get over that over night, I would suggest, and would also suggest that affected his form when he started playing.  Not defending him as a striker, but putting the previous comments in context. 
  • Options
    Players do go downhill as they age sometimes though ad it's one of the mysteries of football. Players such as Michael Ricketts, who gained an England cap whilst playing well for Bolton, Yet has just been released by Tranmere. Not saying Euell isn't good enough at all, just saying that being a former Premier league player guarantees nothing.
  • Options
    bwp is a good finisher, no question, but offers little else - Hayes i haven't seen but reports aren't great, Benson i'm not impressed with so him not going to Sheffield is a blow as we need at least 2 more good strikers and i don't think we want to bloat our squad with players who aren't going to feature.  
  • Options
    bwp is a good finisher, no question, but offers little else - Hayes i haven't seen but reports aren't great, Benson i'm not impressed with so him not going to Sheffield is a blow as we need at least 2 more good strikers and i don't think we want to bloat our squad with players who aren't going to feature.  

Sheffield?

Bexley Dan in mistake shocker!
  • Options
    Sheffield? Bexley Dan in mistake shocker!
    all notts county players live in sheffield - well known for those itk like myself.
  • Options

Does anyone know about getting a work permit for Serges Déblé

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Does anyone know about getting a work permit for Serges Déblé

what continent is it on?
  • Options

He's playing in France - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serge_Deble 

The stats are wrong though.