Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Mooney.........

edited July 2011 in General Charlton

realsed by Reading this summer & just signed by Leyton Orient  on a 2 yr deal.

Not saying its a good or bad move & think he had his time with us, but thoughts anyone....

Comments

• Options
    He was okay, didn't agree he deserved to be booed.

Orient and Brentford I think will be contenders this season
  • Options
    ahhh how ive missed a charlton life david mooney thread.
  • Options

Another whipping boy, who was too frightened to make a mistake.  God forbid that we have players who have a dip in form or make an error!!

• Options
    but he was shit
  • Options

Another whipping boy, who was too frightened to make a mistake.  God forbid that we have players who have a dip in form or make an error!!

This
  • Options
    but he was shit

Then you never saw him play
  • Options
    should never of been teamed with burton. both same type of strikers, needed a real threat to go up with him.
  • Options
    beds i went almost every game the season he was here. pony.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    beds i went almost every game the season he was here. pony.
    %100 agree with this,he was an average player at best who spent half of the time running around like a headless chicken.
  • Options
    not good enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sign him , gives fans someone to boo , can't understand why he was so hated?
  • Options

The quality of the goals he scored against Gills and Swindon in the Play Offs proved he wasn't pony.

Funny how football fans see things differently isn't it?!

• Options
    I thought he was woefully average, and excelled at nothing. He was offside too often as well and nothing annoys me more than a striker that doesnt understand the offside trap.
  • Options
    He wasn't pony at all . He was just a another Charlton whipping boy - For some reason we have to have one and i think it's incredibly sad. 
  • Options
    stand or fall i know there shall be peace in the valley
  • Options

the amount of threads there has been on this guy suggests he split fans opinions. however, the fans that didnt rate him were at the valley long before mooney and will be there a long time after. the booing before the game...cant understand that but mooneys gone now, he got stick cos he was crap from a quite large percentage of supporters, its done.

• Options
    Intelligent footballer but not appreciated by the masses.
  • Options
    He wasn't pony at all . He was just a another Charlton whipping boy - For some reason we have to have one and i think it's incredibly sad. 
    Every club in the country has a whipping boy tbf
  • Options

Yeah - the Gills goal was a right tap in wasn't it.......

• Options
    ade akinbiyi scored 2 or 3 worldies. was still a shit player tho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's a decent League 1 player, scored a few goals for Colchester.

If he was as poor as some say he'd have dropped down to League 2. Certainly wouldn't be getting a 2 year deal at a League 1 club.
  • Options
    Not too bad a player, quite skilfull, good(ish) finisher but too lightweight and willowy. Hated by a lot of the 'fans'.  Benson was a better option
  • Options
    Sums it up.
  • Options
    Sums it up.
    Indeed. I once saw him do an "impossible" Sudoku puzzle in under three minutes.
  • Options
    I'm with shirty
  • Options
    Couldn't handle the pressure of our passionate support.
  • Options
    i thought he was more than good enough for us.
  • Options
    David Mooney done well for us in the semi final play off against swindon, if i can remember he scored. He looked pretty good then but he weren't consistant. He also could have been better if he was played more. In other games i agree he was bad and didnt look confortable but in that game he showed that he can preform when given a chance.
  • Options
    David Mooney done well for us in the semi final play off against swindon, if i can remember he scored. He looked pretty good then but he weren't consistant. He also could have been better if he was played more. In other games i agree he was bad and didnt look confortable but in that game he showed that he can preform when given a chance.
    So did the rest of the team if we're talking about the home leg. Came out played with speed & purpose & looked like a decent team. Then came half time & parkinsons team talk, hmm a game of two halves as they say! 
  • Options
    Yeah the home game parkinson tactics weren't right that game second half. The only game i thought he actually done something.