Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today I lost all faith in Charlton supporters

Comments

• Options

Say what you like about old school but a lot of his post makes sense. I find it very hard to believe that east stand was attacked/abused for no reason. Of course spitting at someone is disgraceful & is no way to behave towards male or female but the whole story as it stands doesn't make sense, I would certainly like to hear the other side because there must surely be one.

Never in 40 years supporting Charlton have I seen anyone suddenly start abusing a woman (or a bloke for that matter) for absolutely no reason. Of course I have seen fights between CAFC supporters & sometimes over ridiculous flare ups but apart from an abusive chant of get your tits out for the lads, I've seen nothing like what has been described. I'm certainly not saying that it didn't happen only only that something surely must have occured beforehand that we haven't been told about.  

• Options
    I think we desperately need the footie to start so that we can all argue over whether Robbie was badly positioned for Bournemouth's second goal.
  • Options
    beds, who threw you a peanut this morning. stop acting like a child.
  • Options
    Maybe something did happen Bob we'll never know, but in my opinion as soon as any guy decides that spitting at a woman is the best way to react then quite frankly I couldn't care less about their side of the story.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    beds, who threw you a peanut this morning. stop acting like a child.
    unbelievable.
  • Options
    Maybe something did happen Bob we'll never know, but in my opinion as soon as any guy decides that spitting at a woman is the best way to react then quite frankly I couldn't care less about their side of the story.

Think this neatly sums up.
  • Options
    Oh my god. Some of the follow up comments on this thread are Fucking ridiculous.

Swear yes women can too.

Cocks.

Ps sorry eaststand sounds horrible.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about that EastStand.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Ive been going Charlton since I was about 8 and I used to sit there and be proud looking round the ground thinking I could relate to all charlton supporters but reading this forum over the past few years and some of the comments on this thread makes me think I live on a different planet to some of the people I share the Valley with.

A young girl get spat on and with no evidence of her doing anything to deserve it (which would take something pretty full on to deserve it anyway) and peoples first thought is to dig her out because she's not used the Queen's English. 

Im not hard in the slightest and its not internet keyboard warrior talk but as Goonerhater rightly points out if any female relative or friend of mine got spat on colourful language would be the last of their worries.

Truly makes me laugh how some people are so quick to smugly knock fans of clubs like Millwall with every chance they get and yet a girl says her day is ruined by someone spitting at her and the first reaction of some is to question the truth of her post and bemoan her (understandable) language.

Unbelievable.

• Options
    The last guy to spit at me was over 20 yrs ago whilst playing footie. I found if you hit them hard enough in the windpipe they are unable to spit for a while. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Same posters cropping up as well Rodney giving a reaction that I have to say I am not surprised about which is even more of a shame.
  • Options
    I hate spitting its the scumiest thing to do. If it was me I wouldnt have been responsible for my actions;) 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear it, EastStand. On a related note, if people are wondering why we've started attracting scumbag teenage fans in the past few years, I don't think we have. What I think has happened is when we went in the PL, the number of people attending games (especially ST holders) increased by a factor of three. Many of those were adults who brought their kids along. Some of those kids have since grown up to be teenage/20s shitbags and - particularly without the glamour and skill of PL football to entertain them these days - have looked to treat matches as a who can be the biggest scumbag contest. Personally I'd ban trainers and baseball caps from all football grounds, which would soon get rid of all that class of person, but no doubt someone would complain about civil liberties or somesuch.
  • Options

Lotta stupid people, there was another poster on another thread talking about racist millwall fans on their forum, bloke behind me called racon a black bastard at every chance he got, kicked in the chair next to me too. Lovely fella.

Very sorry East, although it's worth remembering there's still alot of good respectful supporters.

• Options
    In many cases now, if you strip away club colours, it's getting harder to tell our supporters and millwalls apart, which is a shame.
  • Options
     Personally I'd ban trainers and baseball caps from all football grounds, which would soon get rid of all that class of person, but no doubt someone would complain about civil liberties or somesuch.
    Might aswell band fans aswell then everyones happy
  • Options
    Sorry to hear it, EastStand. On a related note, if people are wondering why we've started attracting scumbag teenage fans in the past few years, I don't think we have. What I think has happened is when we went in the PL, the number of people attending games (especially ST holders) increased by a factor of three. Many of those were adults who brought their kids along. Some of those kids have since grown up to be teenage/20s shitbags and - particularly without the glamour and skill of PL football to entertain them these days - have looked to treat matches as a who can be the biggest scumbag contest. Personally I'd ban trainers and baseball caps from all football grounds, which would soon get rid of all that class of person, but no doubt someone would complain about civil liberties or somesuch.
    Fellas on a wind up, and not a very good one at that.
  • Options
    there are always a few wankers
  • Options
    Theres going to be people who cause shit at every club. It dont mean everyone is actually going to "spit" or do whatever to another person. I disagree about all being "shitbags".. times change we are in 2011 not 1950 mate.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2011

I'm saddened to read that a woman could be treated like this by Charlton fans. I speak as one who attends with a daughter or, occasionally, wife.

Whilst not intending to trivialise the incident please remember who we were playing yesterday. Every bullying would be hardman who would not go normally probably went along for the ride. Hopefully they won't attend our ordinary fixtures.

Where were the stewards?

• Options

listen Eaststand is a1 good as gold, if she says she done nothing then thats what she did,

based on beds understanding i can be gobbed at seeing as i swear like a toureets kid on speed,

some of you on here are the biggest bunch of WUM's about and you need to get a life outside of CL or your bedrooms

homophobic or racist whats worse, but then i suppose based on what mindset some of you have it all depends what the individual has done to suffer such abuse, where as normal right minded people will just see it as an effing liberty and the fact it was done to a woman makes it a little bit worse in my opinion, because they gobbed at her for the same reason this scum would gob at a black person.

some of you are complete mugs

• Options
    There were some right morons in the away end yesterday. I heard the Lisbie song getting an airing, no doubt they don't understand the meaning of it.
  • Options
    Nth London Addick , your stupidity increases by the second . Where did I say that if you swear you deserve to be spat at ? Your ignorance is astounding !

• Options
    I don't know if i've ever met you EastStand but I have to say I'm sorry to hear what this once brilliant club is coming to.
  • Options

We all sympathise with East Stand , what happened was awful and it makes me sick reading it but as soon as someone points out that she does herself no favours by using language on this thread that Roy "Chubby" Brown would wince at , they get pounced on.

I would imagine the East Stand had had a few drinks when she went on CL last night and we all know it's not a good idea to post half cut so i'm cool with that but i also thinks it's reasonable for Golf  and SoundAsa£  to ask the questions they have . 

there is no reason to ask her anything, what difference does it make , she was alone , and a woman, end of

stupidity maybe but i aint full of wind up bullshit that comes from your keyboard, you know what you and others were trying to do on this thread yet your acting so ignorant that you post on another the standard has dropped, your right it has because of people like you
  • Options
    Well there you go folks. Conclusive proof that, if she swears on an internet forum, she was somehow 'asking for it' when a gooby little fuckbag spat in her face, and then some other gooby little fuckbag called her a 'dyke'. Also, no woman should swear, because somehow they're 'different' to men in that respect. Some of you need to take a look at yourselves and realise this isn't 1950 any more, women are 'allowed' to swear because, basically, they're not the property of men any more. Or did you miss that memo when it came out?

I'd sure love to see some of you on the jury of a rape trial.
  • Options
    exactly. the fellas got more front than brighton posting on that other thread.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this, East Stand.

The worst thing about being a Charlton fan is, and is getting more so, other Charlton fans.
  • Options

Talal totally agree with you, I'm certainly not looking to excuse this foul behaviour. However I've supported Charlton a long time & Ive known a lot of the so called hooligan element from the early 70s up until more recent years & I don't think I've known one who would spit in a womans face without provocation. (as we agree provocation or not it's totally unacceptble) but why did 2 seperate groups start abusing this woman for no reason? Thats the part that I find a mystery. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!