Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am I a tight arse?

2»

Comments

• Options
    i always tip, cabs, barbers, curry deliveries (dont eat pizza) etc.
    i used to deliver pizza's for £3 p/h when at uni 10 years ago and i needed the extra tips (twokids, mortgage. as a rule people do tip but not all by much. as a rule on a night of 30 deliveries over 8 hours i'd get about £5-10. was better than nothing, but there was always the regularsthat would chip in with £2 that all the deliver drivers wanted to go to, lol. i always tip about £2, to a delivery driver and on a meal about 15% in a restuarant.
  • Options
    My rule is always tip (if you can afford it) as you might one day be in their place , ie relying on tips to get by. 
  • Options
    Brilliant Tangoflash.Taxi drivers just wind me up.Where I am I don't have a local accent and the taxi drivers try taking me the "scenic route" and I have had some heated arguments.The other thing they do that gets me is turn up in the middle of the night and sit outside a house in a residential area and sound the horn until the lardy arsed git has woken half the street and they are still looking for a tip!
  • Options
    always tip black cab drivers as they do tend to remember the last time they picked me up , if you forget to tip it might be raining next time , watch them go past you !!
    always put £2.00 in the bag for the driver on the gravesend valley express 
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Good question - I would like to know what people think on that Saga, I don't tip the owner but would one of his assistants

Sometimes the owner earns less than his/her staff, particularly at the moment, when times are tough. No owner would feel insulted by a tip, would you?

All those who think Parker did the right thing by moving for an extra 30 grand a week would understand the same principal applies, just on a smaller scale. 

• Options
    Well I did tip him so that's alright!
  • Options

So all you great tippers.... Do you tip the supermarket checkout girl who scans your shopping, the McDonalds kid who gives you your crap lunch or the Security guard who lets you into work? No thought not,That's the problem, it's fine saying tip people on low wages as you may be there one day but in reality we only apply it to certain traditional professions so it's pathetic. Feeling obliged to tip a couch driver for a short journey is nonsense in my opinion.
    And I've never met a skint black cabbie so why they're on the list of  mandatory tipping when they're the most expensive cabs in the world is beyond me.

..........And yes I do tip often, when I feel it's justified, not just because the herd say so.
  • Options
    Couldn't have put it better myself DRAddick (Well, apart from I've never heard of a couch driver but we'll let that one slide) .

;-)
  • Options
    Buckshee's clip says it all for me (great scene by the way) if someone deserves a tip then so be it, if they go above and beyond their job then yes they deserve to be tipped. Just like myself, if I do well in the year I get a bonus if a cabbie/waitress etc does enough to make me feel I have got more than I deserve for my purchase then they get a tip if not then so be it they shouldn't be in there expecting a tip. 

And might I add, the standard of waitering/waitressing in this country has gone downhill so much, very rarely in the last few years have I found someone who served me anything other than someone who feels like they don't want to be there.
  • Options
    Couldn't have put it better myself DRAddick (Well, apart from I've never heard of a couch driver but we'll let that one slide) .

;-)

Well they get paid to sit on their arse so a Fraudien slip i suppose....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My arse would be firmly clenched alongside you tango. Xmas and end of season for valley express drivers. Reckon this is more down to a busy individual on your route rather than standard practice to be honest.
  • Options
    Simple rule for tipping:

The bigger the tits, the bigger the tips.
  • Options
    My wife was interested in this thread, because it reminded her of an 'AIBU'.  Anyone whose lady-partner reads mumsnet will know what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    My arse would be firmly clenched alongside you tango. Xmas and end of season for valley express drivers. Reckon this is more down to a busy individual on your route rather than standard practice to be honest.
    You better be clenched, because the next time i see you, if I don't get my badge and an honorary clique membership....................................
  • Options
    My wife was interested in this thread, because it reminded her of an 'AIBU'.  Anyone whose lady-partner reads mumsnet will know what I'm talking about.

Just looked up what it means. Cannot bring myself to look a the site, as I know it will be full of ladies being completely unreasonable being told by others that they are right... ;-) 
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Having worked for a largish bus company I can reveal that drivers on private hire are paid a very low basic and rely on (tax free) tips to get by. On tours the bus company expects a kick back from non-scheduled trips. The bigger the kick back, the more outings you are given. Not so lucrative are things like football gigs but principles are the same.