Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Marks: League Cup Round 1: Charlton 2-1 Reading

13»

Comments

• Options
    Hamer- 7
    Francis- 7.5
    Doherty- 7.5
    Mambo- 7
    Evina- 8
    Green- 8
    Hughes- 7
    Pritchard- 8.5
    Bover- 7
    Benson- 8
    Euell- 8
    Wagstaff- 8

• Options
    Hamer - 7 Didn't inspire confidence initially but seemed to improve as match progressed
    Francis - 8 Best game I've seen him play for the club
    Doherty - 6 Starting to show his age
    Mambo - 7 Improved as game progressed and was really domineering towards the end
    Evina - 8 Really impressive
    Green - 8.5 Looks like a player who can win games for you
    Pritchard - 8.5 Really impressive, showing good vision and anticipation
    Hughes - 6.5 Got off to a poor start bur certainly improved as game went on and imposed his authority
    Bover - 7 Another one who impressed with his vision and skill, just a little lightweight at times
    Benson - 7 Nipped in to take his goal well
    Euell - 7 Like Doherty, is showing his age but still shows signs of class. Took his goal well.

Wagstaff - 8 Really looks to be a threat in this role
  • Options
    Hamer - 7, Some good saves but did we feel entirely safe?
    Francis - 7, Stuck to the task against a trickt winger. Great cross for goal.
    Doherty - 7, Steady but his lack of pace does always worry.
    Mambo - 7.5, Slow start but then won everything.
    Evina - 7.5, Good going forward.
    Green - 8, likes a shot. Should have scored early on. Crossing is better than we have seen for a while.
    Hughes - 7, Looked dodgy first half, but I think the holding roll he did last night enabled Pritchard to do what he wanted.
    Pritchard - 8.5 MOM, All over the park. Likes to support and get beyond the strikers. Unlucky not to score.
    Bover - 6.5, Showed touches but appears very light weight.
    Benson - 7, Did what he is paid to do. Shame he had to depart early. Won far more in the air than last season.
    Euell - 7, Some very good and intellegant touches. Still tries to play the man too much. Missed one on one.
    Wagstaff - 7.5, Looked lively when come on and linked with Green well.

• Options
    Hamer -8
    Francis 7.5
    Doc      7.5
    Mambo  7.5
    Evina    7.5
    Green  8
    Prichard 8.5 MOM
    Hughes  6.5
    Bover  7
    Benson 7.5
    Ewell    7

waggy 7.5
  • Options
    Hamer-7.5
    Francis-7.5
    Doherty-7
    Mambo-6.5
    Evina-7.5
    Green-8
    Hughes-6.5
    Pritchard-7
    Bover-6.5
    Benson-7
    Euell-7
    Wagstaff-8
  • Options
    Hamer 7.5 Good all round debut and never looked flustered
    Francis 8.5 Defended v well and sent in a couple of delicious crosses, one of which we scored from
    Doherty 6.5 Typical Doc; dominant in the air, ponderous on the deck
    Mambo 8 Excellent. Seems really to be growing into the role now (though not sure we need him any bigger!)
    Evina 6.5 Eye-catching athleticism but as a defender MUST covet possession a little more. 
    Green 7 Very exciting at times, if a little unorthodox. Gung-ho approach fine if endorsed by the boss. He'll turn some draws into wins.
    Hughes 5.5 Kish comparisons inevitable. Energetic & whole-hearted but ceded possession too easily.
    Pritchard 7 Excellent contribution from someone playing non-league a few months ago. Great engine, no shortage of skill.
    Bover 6.5 Great touch and willingness to track back. Still young and understandably out-muscled at times
    Benson 8 Very good CF play to go with goal. Put himself about as something of a surprise target man and always looked likely to score.
    Euell 6.5 Struggled first half but well-taken goal galvanised him and he settled to bring others into the game.
    Wagstaff - Usual non-stop running, up front this time, and got one off the line for good measure. Drop him at once!!
  • Options
    Hamer 7.5
    Francis 7
    Doherty 7
    Mambo 7.5
    Evina 7
    Green 8
    Hughes 6.5
    Pritchard 8.5 mom
    Bover 6.5
    Benson 7
    Euell 7.5
    Wagstaff 7

Morrison n/a
    Solly n/a
  • Options
    Hamer 7.5 Nice distribution.  Couple of smart saves.  Couple of minor flaps but seemed happier to come off his line and play keeper/sweeper if needed.  My No.1
    Francis 8.5 Some people on here know I like the guy but thought he was immense last night. Really hope we keep him because he does offer things nobody else in the squad does
    Doherty 7.5 Does what Doc does.  Fairly comfortable evening for him
    Mambo 8.5 Imperious in the air and handled a large lump very well indeed.  Decent on the floor too
    Evina         8 looked very good to me.  Rapid and a couple of lovely passes.  Big decision for Powell IMO but great to see another option for Left Mid too
    Green 8 Love having someone who loves to shoot.  Stunning couple of corners (unplayable in fact) and general good crossing.  Could be pretty awesome for us
    Hughes 6.5 Not a great game IMO. Looked rusty but I think he'll be an asset
    Pritchard 8.5 MOM Energy, pace, vision, strength.  Superb backup for Hollands and Stephens.  Hugely unlucky not to score
    Bover 7 Looked lightweight but I love seeing a player who wants the ball all the time.  Very reminiscent to Mark Robson
    Benson 7.5 Johnny on the spot.  Worked hard
    Euell 7 Missed a 1-on-1 again but worked tirelessly and deserved a goal
    Wagstaff 8 The usual.  Energy, pace and generally being a nuisance.

Morrison n/a
    Solly n/a
  • Options
    Hamer 7
    Francis 7
    Doherty 7
    Mambo 7
    Evina 7.5
    Green 8
    Hughes 4
    Pritchard 8
    Bover 6
    Benson 7.5
    Euell 7.5
    Wagstaff 8

Morrison n/a
    Solly n/a
  • Options
    Hamer  7
    Francis  7.5 - thought he had one of his best games for us, fair play from someone who's normally a critic
    Doherty 7
    Mambo 7.5 - like Francis, this is one of the best competitive games I've seen Mambo play for us, looks like he's coming on
    Evina 7
    Green 7.5
    Hughes 4 - worst performance by a Charlton player this season
    Pritchard 8 
    Bover 7.5
    Benson 8
    Euell 7
    Wagstaff 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer 7.5
    Francis 7.5
    Doherty 6.5
    Mambo 8.5
    Evina 7.5
    Green 7.5
    Hughes 7
    Pritchard 8
    Bover 7
    Benson 7.5
    Euell 7
    Wagstaff 7

Morrison n/a
    Solly n/a
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Hamer - 7 - A few flaps which he could have caught, kicking good, seemed to be muscled out at corners.
    Francis - 9 - Best game for Charlton, lost the ball a few times but won it back every time, MOM
    Docherty - 8 - Solid, read the game well
    Mambo -8 - Won nearly every header and was very strong against a big lump up front for Reading.
    Evina -7.5 - Decent performance
    Green - 7.5 - Crossing not great and shots from distance were inconsistent, but helped Francis look good.
    Hughes - 7 - Tackled well, passess went astray.
    Pritchard -8.5 - Would have been MOM but faded in the last 20 mins
    Bover -7 - Good on the ball, knocked off it too easily, excellent workrate.
    Benson -7 - Seemed to have a bit of pace last night, or was the Reading defence slow?
    Euell - 7 - Should have had at least two goals, hence lower mark, marshalled the troops well.
    Waggy 7.5 - Came on and added energy, still ahead of Green in the first team for me.

Very encouraging game for the 'reserves' gives Powell some selection problems for Saturday. Francis, Pritchard, Mambo and Evina deserve a squad place on last night's performance, but with only five subs not a chance.
  • Options
    Hamer - 7
    Francis - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Mambo - 7
    Evina - 8
    Green - 8
    Hughes - 7
    Pritchard - 8
    Bover - 7
    Benson - 7
    Euell - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
  • Options
    Hamer 7
    Francis 7
    Doherty 7
    Mambo 8.5
    Evina 7.5
    Green 8.5
    Hughes 6
    Pritchard 9
    Bover 7
    Benson 7
    Euell 7.5
    Wagstaff 8.5 
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Hamer 8
    Francis 7
    Doherty 7
    Mambo 8
    Evina 7
    Green 8
    Hughes 7
    Pritchard 8.5
    Bover 7
    Benson 7
    Euell 8
    Wagstaff 8
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    hamer: more than capable to be our 1st choice did well all game but did flap at the odd cross 7
     Evina: looked very fast and went past a lot of players. Also did some good sliding sliding tackles 7  
    Mambo: owned the air balls and is the best I've sen him play  7    
    Doherty : I've never been a big fan of him and thought he was average last night and is getting past it  6   
    Francis: cracking game. did everything right, good cross for Euell's goal and linked up with green well  8.5 MoM    
      Bover: not at his best but still played o'k and was unlucky not to score at the end   6.5
      Hughes: started off very poor and couldn't even pass straight but got better as it went on. Worst player for us  5.5
    Pritchard: good game. energetic would be how I sum him up in a word. unlucky with the Lob    7.5
    Green: can see him starting next game as he played well and was very god at set pieces   7.5
    Euell: Should've scored more but played well. reaction time seems slow   7
    Benson: again could've got more goals but had a great game and it was a shame he got injured    8
    Wagstaff get's a 7.5

• Options
    Hamer 7
    Francis 6
    Doherty 6
    Mambo 7
    Evina 6.5
    Green 7.5
    Hughes 5
    Pritchard 7
    Bover 6
    Benson 7.5
    Euell 8
    Wagstaff 7.5
  • Options

Hamer         7
    Francis        8
    Doherty       7.5
    Mambo        7.5
    Evina           7
    Green          8
    Hughes       6.5
    Pritchard     8
    Bover          7
    Benson       8
    Euell           8
    Wagstaff     7.5

Highest marks I have ever given, what an enjoyable night

• Options
    OK fellow Lifers I'm now closing this thread for marks as I'm totting up the numbers - STATBANK will be available later this morning.

I thank you.