Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thoughts

Running the risk of being called a Boo-Boy, or just moaning for the sake of it; here, for what theyre worth, are a few points that I think need to be considered:

Hughes was terrible last night Vs Reading... Should be in the squad for experience and advice only.

Euell was (as always) flat-footed and a little off the pace. His experience did shine through in the last 10 minutes or so where he made some nice touches. Glad he scored for a bit of nosalgia.

Danny Green will be much more effective as a wide man than Waggy, although him starting at RM will lead to Solly (who has had a solid start - no more, no less imo) being found out. Solly is helped out a lot by the engine and enthusiasm of Waggy, and they have a good relationship and Waggy is constantly doubling up.

Mambo - the best ive ever seen him last night, still need to bring in a 3rd choice CB and get Mambo out on loan playing regulary at Lg2 level.

Hamer - Big shout for a starting place as No1.

SCP - 1st rule of management... injury or no injury - as long as the player can walk... Dont make a substituion when defending a corner. Morrison was at fault for Readings goal, by no fault of his own (try and figure that out!) he was cold and reactions not up to match speed.

RBI & Pritchard - the 2 most unlucky players in our '2nd choice 11' as they have the hardest players in front of them to budge - although I do think RBI would be at his best 'in the hole'.

Burgers at the ground are still terrible.

Smoking needs to be permitted on the concourse at either end of the East Stand.

Anything else I think of, Ill let you know!

Comments

• Options

Running the risk of being called a Boo-Boy, or just moaning for the sake of it; here, for what theyre worth, are a few points that I think need to be considered:

Hughes was terrible last night Vs Reading... Should be in the squad for experience and advice only.

Euell was (as always) flat-footed and a little off the pace. His experience did shine through in the last 10 minutes or so where he made some nice touches. Glad he scored for a bit of nosalgia.

Danny Green will be much more effective as a wide man than Waggy, although him starting at RM will lead to Solly (who has had a solid start - no more, no less imo) being found out. Solly is helped out a lot by the engine and enthusiasm of Waggy, and they have a good relationship and Waggy is constantly doubling up.

Mambo - the best ive ever seen him last night, still need to bring in a 3rd choice CB and get Mambo out on loan playing regulary at Lg2 level.

Hamer - Big shout for a starting place as No1.

SCP - 1st rule of management... injury or no injury - as long as the player can walk... Dont make a substituion when defending a corner. Morrison was at fault for Readings goal, by no fault of his own (try and figure that out!) he was cold and reactions not up to match speed.

RBI & Pritchard - the 2 most unlucky players in our '2nd choice 11' as they have the hardest players in front of them to budge - although I do think RBI would be at his best 'in the hole'.

Burgers at the ground are still terrible.

Smoking needs to be permitted on the concourse at either end of the East Stand.

Anything else I think of, Ill let you know!

Euell will be there to provide experience. You don't need to fret about him running our line for weeks on end
    Andy Hughes could be the love child of Radostin Kishishev and Alan McCormack. Looks like the former plays like the latter.
    I had some chips and they were dire. Will stick to the pies which havent ever been too sad.
    The beer tastes a lot worse than last season.
    With each year my jeans and the turnstiles get smaller.
  • Options
    Looks Like Andy Hughes is being lined up as a Charlton Whipping boy after one average game. Give it a rest please we are getting tired of this season after season..
  • Options
    Does Andy Hughes win the award of this years boo boy award yet?
  • Options
    Hughes will be fine as a squad player. Just as we shouldn't go over the top after a good debut, players shouldn't be written off after making a few mistakes on their debut.
  • Options
    So Hughes plays his first competitive game of the season, making his debut with players he's only known about three weeks against a team from a higher division and in a game where he ends up on the winning side but doesn't have a really good game ? I say he should be taken onto The Valley pitch at half time at next home game and be publically birched.
  • Options
    Moan Moan Moan

We won for god sake.

Football Food is usually crap.

Smoking causes cancer.

• Options
    People are a bit harsh to write people off after 1 bad game, maybe Hughes is best suited to playing as a full back , but given the fact Francis needed to play , and played well , that wasn't going to happen , i've got no complaints with last nights performance , really enjoyed it , think we over analyse stuff sometimes.
  • Options
    The ridiculous thing is , he didn't even have a bad game. He was played out of position and he had an average game.  Some of our fans don't deserve a winning side.
  • Options
    This gets my vote as the most idiotic thread started so far this season and that is saying something.
  • Options
    Beds - Spot on. He was probably our least impressive player on the night but wasn't bad - a 6 -6.5. How a player can be written off after one ok game is beyond me. I was hoping with the team/squad shaping up so well that we might take a break from finding a whipping boy but I think it is just in some people's genes I'm afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My crack pipe was confiscated at the last home game, what has happened to the game I love?
  • Options
    This gets my vote as the most idiotic thread started so far this season and that is saying something.
    This
  • Options
    Hughes is a full back playing out of position in central midfield - give him a chance FFS.
  • Options
    Jesus   we change the whole starting 11  and win but there are still moans ?

Re Euell he never has been able to control a ball, his second touch is a tackle-----its always been like that---------------------he gives his all and always will. Him and Hughes are there when it gets tough and for their knowledge.

This eleven did well ---- very well. They got us through by beating a team in a higher division (not losing to a lower league side as per normal) and have put pressure on the first 11 which has to be good.
  • Options

Thought Hughes did fine, particularly playing out of position. Provided a nice bit of grit to enable the many flare players we had on display to do their stuff.

As others have said, stupid post. At the level we're playing at, that's about as good a performance as you're going to see. If you didn't enjoy it yesterday it's probably not worth you coming back again anytime soon. Try following Spurs, you'll be welcomed with open arms.

• Options
    My crack pipe was confiscated at the last home game, what has happened to the game I love?
    Made me laugh. now the boss knows im not working!
  • Options
    I thought Jase had a very good game- His touch was good- he played at pace and the reading defenders where never comfortable against him. He missed a one on one that he should have done better with - scored a goal and looked very sharp.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Don't see the issue to be honest. There a 100 positive comments, one slight moan and everyone jumps to highlight the moan. If people ignored it then it remain in proportion to what it is. If one person thought he had a bad game, so be it.
  • Options
    I think some of us are possibly being a bit paranoid and trying to nip it in the bud because of the history of Charlton whipping boys- reading again accept comments didn't go that far.
  • Options
    Pointless thread win as a team lose as a team,why knock players so soon ,especially after a win.football food is always crap and overpriced,so if your willing to pay for crap don't expect anything else. Smoking,,whatever we go to watch football!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't see the issue to be honest. There a 100 positive comments, one slight moan and everyone jumps to highlight the moan. If people ignored it then it remain in proportion to what it is. If one person thought he had a bad game, so be it.
    I disagree.  As Mutley said , all we are doing is trying to nip the negativity in the bud. No Paranoia at all.
  • Options

'SCP - 1st rule of management... injury or no injury - as long as the
    player can walk... Dont make a substituion when defending a corner.
    Morrison was at fault for Readings goal, by no fault of his own (try and
    figure that out!) he was cold and reactions not up to match speed.'

All of our problems are solved, why listen to the man with numerous coaching badges and managerial experience when we have you?!

• Options

'SCP - 1st rule of management... injury or no injury - as long as the
    player can walk... Dont make a substituion when defending a corner.
    Morrison was at fault for Readings goal, by no fault of his own (try and
    figure that out!) he was cold and reactions not up to match speed.'

All of our problems are solved, why listen to the man with numerous coaching badges and managerial experience when we have you?!

Actually, as much as I disagree with the majority of the post, this part I agree with. As soon as the sub was made, my heart sunk.
  • Options
    Im not trying to make him a whipping boy Beds, I just thought that for the experienced head and captain there were too many poor decisions & misplaced passes. Im not convinced that he was the right man to bring in - I understand the resigning of Euell, and to an extent the use of Docherty - Docherthy has been around - playing at a high level - as has Euell (and is a Charlton 'Legend').. I think that Hughes as you say is fine as a squad player.

Anyway.. as said in the title, It wasnt supposed to be a moan - I have given my opinion on the players that I have seen.

Its interesting how the comment about Hughes has been jumped on, but nothing else really discussed?
  • Options
    Docherty was injured he went straight down the tunnel.
  • Options
    I find it amusing, if im honest, that this possitive vibe were all trying to create is by trying to ridicule someones thoughts!
    No mention of the constructive critisism, or positive?!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    We are a 3rd division football team with 3rd division players of limited ability. They aren't going to be consistently good players never making mistakes or displaying mega talent otherwise they would be playing at a higher level.
  • Options
    Rodney; I appreciate we are a 3rd Div team, but do you think that the majority of our players are? I think the basis of our squad are easily Championship (as seen last night? - never know in the cup).
    I just think that Hughes was a bad shout - hopefully im proved wrong, after all there is one aim.
  • Options
    Good job we won last night , given the fact people are sticking the boot in , would have hate to have been on here when we lost!
  • Options
    Yes mate otherwise they would be getting paid more to pay at a higher level. When a team gets promoted most players need to improve or get moved on. Some will have the potential to do so but others wont and some will have had the ability but are past their peak.