Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thoughts

2»

Comments

• Options

I think the well documented brief the board gave Chrissy was to assemble a squad that will of course get promoted but importantly then hold it's own in the Championship with little addition. Powell and his staff had the difficult task of finding lower league players who had the potential to go higher - the signs are (and it is still early days ) that he might have achieved it,

The Colchester manager John Ward said after we beat them last week that he knew about a lot of our players even though we were a new team because they were players that they had targeted as the best players at other clubs when they played them last season. I don't expect us to be saying they are 3rd division players too often in the same way that we might have done when referring to McCormack and others last season. 

• Options
    So before I cry myself to sleep due to everybody shouting at me, anyone care to share there thoughts on other aspects of the post?!

Mambo out on loan?
    Solly too exposed if pair with Green?
    Euells experience shining through at the end?
    Hamer first choice?

• Options
    So before I cry myself to sleep due to everybody shouting at me, anyone care to share there thoughts on other aspects of the post?!

Weren't shouting mate....would have used caps lock if I was ;-)
  • Options
    Rodney; I appreciate we are a 3rd Div team, but do you think that the majority of our players are? I think the basis of our squad are easily Championship (as seen last night? - never know in the cup).
    I just think that Hughes was a bad shout - hopefully im proved wrong, after all there is one aim.
    Even if the team is mainly of championship quality, you need to fill it out and the best you'll get for that is L1 players...............Agree with you on the corner/goal. The rest?.........Mwaaahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    Ok ill let you off then Rodney..... Although surely you can see the irony of every getting upset and moaning, because I had a little moan about 1 player, a moan and then a compliment about another, and a moan about 1 tactical decision?!
    Most people on here are blinkered and missed the positives, therefore telling me secretly they want to moan about something too!
  • Options

mate your not allowed to give negative comments about any player on here. otherwise you get moaned at. you can slate political partys, commentators, pop stars, actors, ticket inspectors....but no bad words against any charlton player. unless they posted something on twitter. 

thems the rules.

• Options
    Andy Hughes is 33 years old and was a legend at Leeds.

Why was he a legend? Because he's all about grit, determination and denies opponents time and space on the ball.
    In defensive midfield he's the water carrier, the roadblock and the hardman - and provides the platform for the more creative players to do their stuff.

Hughes will be the first to tell you his limitations ...... but what you get back from him is a passionate 100% team player.
    That kind of spirit and character is invaluable to have in and around the team.
  • Options
    Yeah, silly me Gary, forgot the number 1 rule as a charlton fan - dont say anything other than good things about players no matter how good/bad/ugly they are...
    Rule two as a charlton fan is give yourself an embarrassing clap after every song
  • Options

mate your not allowed to give negative comments about any player on here. otherwise you get moaned at. you can slate political partys, commentators, pop stars, actors, ticket inspectors....but no bad words against any charlton player. unless they posted something on twitter. 

thems the rules.

Oh the irony 
  • Options

knew you'd pipe up.

bit creepy you are.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

knew you'd pipe up.

bit creepy you are.

As i said. oh the irony. creep creep
  • Options
    Yeah, silly me Gary, forgot the number 1 rule as a charlton fan - dont say anything other than good things about players no matter how good/bad/ugly they are...
    Rule two as a charlton fan is give yourself an embarrassing clap after every song

Well if you don't like it, don't post. Simple.

Not sure I understand why you felt the need to start a thread on its own in the first place when everyone else was happy to put their related comments in the post match thread. Unless you wanted to create a reaction of course.
  • Options

Hughes was not bad last night, he just was outshone by others but to be fair that is the way it should be. Hughes is a water carrier and is not there to spray 40 yard passes or open up defences.

Ok a few of his passes were dodgy but all in all, he did a good job and no doubt his experience helped Pritchard (MOM imho), Hughes will have an important role to play for sure and can still be proud of a decent personal performance last night in an excellent team one.

• Options
    AFKA.. same could be said for all the poor souls that dont like to hear another Charlton fan giving his point of view? Dont like it, dont continue reading?
    The reason I started a new thread was due to the number of different views I offered, god forbid someone would want a discussion on a discussion board?!
  • Options
    AFKA.. same could be said for all the poor souls that dont like to hear another Charlton fan giving his point of view? Dont like it, dont continue reading?
    The reason I started a new thread was due to the number of different views I offered, god forbid someone would want a discussion on a discussion board?!
    Unless you have something positive to say & throw in a "Sir CP" along the way you'll get a section of people wanting to have a pop because if you have an opinion that suggests the team &/or manager are nothing less than perfect you're a boo boy who can't possibly be a true Charlton supporter. Take no notice of them, there are some on here that recognise that life is about opinions whether they agree with you or not.
  • Options
    @ Tango...

Only agree with me on the corner/goal comment? Ok then, fair enough, thats your opinion.... So in your opinion;

Do you not think Hamer has a good chance as establishing himself as 1st choice?
    Do you think Green will give Solly enough defensive support.. does Solly need support?
    Mambo ready to be 3rd choice, or should we try and get him out on loan?
    Who out of the starting 11 last night have the biggest challenge in unseating the player currently ahead of them in the pecking order?

I would be interested in Valleygary & Charltonbobs opinions too, as at least they appear to be able to have a grown up chat about these things
  • Options

with the goalkeeper situation i think CP has a bit of a pickle really. He obviously brought in hamer to be no1. However, fate had it that he would break his hand and called upon elliot. we've had some really good performances in that time and robbie has done a decent job. personally, i think the first cock up he makes and hamer will be in. harsh really but can also see the same with green/waggy situation.

the solly green combo, i would prefer to see more of green before i comment. i mentioned on another thread i dont really see where people are getting this opinion of green from, they obviously watched more dagenham and pre-season games than i did.

mambo needs first team football. a loan at a L2 club would prob do him the world of good, with the option to call him back should he be required.

i personally cannot see anyone other than hollands and stephens starting centre mid if they are both fit. alonso may push later in the season, but those two have really impressed and will be the catalyst for us hopefully going up.

• Options
    I think a Boo boy is somebody who picks on a player and it is clear they can do no right - they get blamed when they are not at fault, when they do make an error it is magnified and when they do well it isn't acknowledged. There is a difference between being critical and picking on a player because you have decided you don't like him.

Agree Mambo could do with a loan with a call back clause but he may be on the bench on Saturday if Doc is not fit. I've no problem with that on yesterday's evidence.
  • Options
    On Hughes: Our worst player on the night.
    On Euell: Slow start but grew into the game.
    On Mambo: Has potential and could fit into a league two side. Bench him Saturday and take it from there.
    On Solly and Green: Wagstaff compliments Solly well but Green will leave him too exposed at the back IMO.
    On Pritchard: Deserves a chance after that performance.
    On Bover: Definitely not ready. Loan him to a low L2/High BSP team.
    On Hamer: I can see why he's got the #1 shirt.
    On Powell: New manager. Will learn from his mistakes.
    On burgers: I don't eat them. I have a hotdog.
    On smoking: It's bad for you. Mother wouldn't be pleased.
  • Options
    Thought Hughes did ok, thought Euell did well and the 90 minutes will do him good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The burger point is very valid and well made