Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which team should play on Saturday?

2»

Comments

• Options
    to answer your question. Which team should play on Saturday?

The answer is: the best one
  • Options
    whats the story with everyone pulling elliot out of the team....seriously a charlton boy through and through who wants to play for the club despite the stick hes got over the last year and stuff.....give the bloke a chance and dont change a winning team....Elliot Starts in goal for me !!!
  • Options
    edited August 2011

elliot is playing the best form of his life and now people wanna drop him , yes it does coincide with less to be done but i think he has done much better this season than the flapping of previous years
    leave him in for the time being , all this waffle of him going hasnt affected his form for the worse at all, in fact he's playing for his future here or elsewhere and it has improved it 
    the time to drop him was a long time ago not now, 
    leave him in and stick with him till he goes back to type which for the good of charlton and himself hopefully wont happen but mr blobby   a leopard doesnt change it spots !!
    and the rest pick themselves and leave green chomping at the bit but bring him on earlier so he isnt so pent up ...... another draw/loss then start green and solly has to start , another one in the form of his life

weirdos
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thought Hamer showed signs of potentially being a bit flappy on Tuesday -not seen enough to really make up my mind but love the way people can overlook certain things when they seem not to like/fancy a player. I think the sooner people get a bit more open minded the better. Won't happen though -just releived it's Chrissy picking the team and not them -the worst thing a manager can do is send out a message that there are players he likes whatever they do and those that can do no right in his eyes -in this team your place has to be earned and Robbie deserves his starting place 100%.
  • Options
    Simples, the one that is best suited to provide the result we want against this weeks opposition. CP has to be strong, loyalty is a fine quality but to be a winner you must be able to select the team from your head, and not your heart.
  • Options
    Thought Hamer showed signs of potentially being a bit flappy on Tuesday -not seen enough to really make up my mind but love the way people can overlook certain things when they seem not to like/fancy a player. I think the sooner people get a bit more open minded the better. Won't happen though -just releived it's Chrissy picking the team and not them -the worst thing a manager can do is send out a message that there are players he likes whatever they do and those that can do no right in his eyes -in this team your place has to be earned and Robbie deserves his starting place 100%.
    At least he comes off his line, Robbie gets a nose bleed if he goes any further up the pitch than his 6 yard box!
  • Options
    Simples, the one that is best suited to provide the result we want against this weeks opposition. CP has to be strong, loyalty is a fine quality but to be a winner you must be able to select the team from your head, and not your heart.

Well done........one ofvthe first tasks is to look at Bury and see what they have in terms of strengths, weaknesses etc.
  • Options
    So Granpa/M-A-T, for arguments sake... would that mean playing Francis ahead of Solly if Bury are a physical side, or sacrificing Wagstaff's running and tracking for Green's flair if they are more of a flowing football style team? Not that I have a problem with any of the above, but I'm wary of changing a team that is gelling and getting results against both the likes of Bournemouth/Scunny but also your Notts County types.
  • Options
    Sorry, I can't take any view seriously that overlooks the fact that Robbie has been good for us so far this season. If his form dips which it could - well yes, that will be Hamer's or Sullivan's chance.
  • Options
    Hamer

Francis
    Taylor
    Morrison
    Wiggins

Green
    Stephens 
    Hollands
    Jackson

Hayes 
    BWP

SUBS: Elliot Evina Wagstaff Prichard Euell

This
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer

Francis
    Taylor
    Morrison
    Wiggins

Green
    Stephens 
    Hollands
    Jackson

Hayes 
    BWP

SUBS: Elliot Evina Wagstaff Prichard Euell

This
    What's Solly done wrong?
  • Options
    Same team starts but with a bench of:
    Hamer, Pritchard, Green, Francis, Euell/Benson
  • Options
    Surely any team selected must have in it Wiggy and Waggy?
  • Options
    Benson is out injured but wouldn't be surprised with that bench.
  • Options
    Solly hasn't done anything wrong, I know it seems harsh, I just think Francis is better in the air and is better going forward. To be honest i'm happy with either one at right back but slightly prefer Francis.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I still think you will see Hughesy on the bench.

He'll be cover for both FB and DM and is a Mr Nasty who hates losing, to bring on and close the game out if needed.