Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benson to Luton !!

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
Anyone any news on this?

Comments

• Options
    Would be shocked if he dropped down to the Blue Squre Prem
  • Options
    Only sense in it could be a long lucrative contract but would be such a waste.
  • Options
    Where's this rumour from?
  • Options
    I know via a friend of Paul Hayes's this is 100% true... They offered him a contract last week and but is unsure whether to take it.
  • Options
    Matthew Barnes Homer joined Rochdale this week so there could be legs to this but would be shocked if it's true.
  • Options
    Can't see Benson going to Luton. I know many Hatters fans and they don't expect Luton to be promoted this season so why would he go ?
  • Options
    I'm just surprised more / other league one clubs haven't come in for him.  This would be a real shame, and I think there's more he could do for us this season.
  • Options
    Would be a real waste imo
  • Options
    I hope he stays ,the likes of Luton would still fancy him in the summer but as a freebie.
  • Options
    I want to see the Green & Benson partnership have a run in the first team  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    id hope for lutons sake he wouldnt be on a goal bonus.
  • Options
    If Benson had the opportunity to move to another league 1 club and turned it down why would he want to go to the Blue Square?
  • Options
    If Benson had the opportunity to move to another league 1 club and turned it down why would he want to go to the Blue Square?
    Because Luton is a lot closer to London than Nottingham
  • Options
    If there was Blue Square club to go to, then it would be Luton. But I hope this doesn't have any legs as it would be a big waste. 
    can you fail a medical because of a broken finger?
  • Options
    Benson to Luton?

Is he using Easy Jet?
  • Options
    I'd like Benno to stay and score in every round of every cup, up to & including the finals
  • Options

The rumour was that the contract he was offered at Notts County was only for two years and he wanted three. Assuming a club like Luton offered a long enough contract then he might take it, assuming that the money was good. But personally I think he'd prefer the challenge of trying to make it in L1 and maybe the CCC if we got promoted.
  • Options
     Martin Allen came out and said the reason he turned County down had nothing to do with money, he didn't want to move his family.
  • Options

My contact now tells me nailed on.

Moroccan/Belgian went to Middlesboro !!!

• Options
    edited August 2011

My contact now tells me nailed on.

Moroccan/Belgian went to Middlesboro !!!

Faris Haroun?

I very much doubt Benson will be playing non league football

• Sponsored links:

• Options
     Martin Allen came out and said the reason he turned County down had nothing to do with money, he didn't want to move his family.

Yes but there Chief Exec came out too and said exactly the opposite, that it was about money and that Notts C had offered as much as they could but if it isn't enough then so be it. Who to believe though?
  • Options

Maybe Luton have a player we want?

• Options
    would like him to stay, took up good posis.ions only not to be picked up be team mates last year
  • Options
    Yes but there Chief Exec came out too and said exactly the opposite, that it was about money and that Notts C had offered as much as they could but if it isn't enough then so be it. Who to believe though?
    Which ever one was posted on Football Rumours
  • Options
    Well both sets of comments were in the Nottingham Evening Post so someone is being economical with the truth !!
  • Options

Maybe Luton have a player we want?

Crossed my mind too. All very strange otherwise.
  • Options
    Luton have always paid too much money for whatever their division they're in.  Good luck to Benson, far too good for the non-league.  Luton have quite a few physical options, so he needn't worry about that.  They're also about to take off again, and will be most likely to get a double promotion.  That's of course if they don't do play offs this season!

No brainer on his part.  Three years, on no doubt more money, wit more potential to earn bonuses and less likely to disappear through bad luck or injuries.
  • Options
    In terms of Luton players we have been linked with Jake Howells a Versatile left sider and Keith Keane a central midfielder in the summer can't see either being a priority now.
  • Options
    Is this actually going to happen? I highly doubt it. On Tuesday he was probably the best player on the pitch before he got injured
  • Options
    I'm not too sure it's a no-brainer for Benno.

He was a late starter in senior football, playing non-League for a number of years before these past 2 seasons in the League.

If I were in his boots, having established myself with more than 30 League goals in 2 seasons, I'd want to stay in the League and stay here at Charlton ..... even as a squad player the opportunity will no doubt arise for a run in the team. Benno proved against Reading, he's sharp and capable of taking his chance.

Even if offered more money at a non-League club, he probably thinks a little extra money is scant compensation for surrendering his status as a competant League One goalscorer.