Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benson to Luton !!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cannot believe and hope this is not true want him to stay
  • Options
    He's 30. If he can get a three year contract at Luton on decent money or stay in League One on maybe only a one year deal then it is definately an option. Factor in that he doesn't want to uproot his young family then options are limited. Would be surprised but you never know.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    He's 30. If he can get a three year contract at Luton on decent money or stay in League One on maybe only a one year deal then it is definately an option. Factor in that he doesn't want to uproot his young family then options are limited. Would be surprised but you never know.
    He actually turns 32 in less than two months time, so I agree that a three year deal anywhere near London is very much a goer for Benson. Even at Luton.
  • Options
    Fair enough Oggy, but I think if it was a question to most individuals setting up home you'd take the three year contract.  Whilst lower league football may not pay enough for life, signing on fees and a wage way above london average can go along way to paying off your mortgage.  Besides the PFA used to calculate your pension on a ratio with your three highest earning years being a factor.  For a few years work you can get a very tidy future pension.

Personally it'd be a move I'd snap anybody's arm off for.  Especially knowing how silly Luton get with wages.  The conference is full of talented atheletes, but very few decent footballers.  He'd get paid more with much less risk his career would be over prematurely due to lack of form.