Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Driving Song Ever

124»

Comments

• Options
    The Bellamy Brothers - Let your love flow
  • Options
    "Mr Brightside - Killers" you have not heard him sing!..
  • Options
    Somewhere I've got an album "American Heartbeat" full of suitable driving songs:

Side One:
    Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
    Rosanna - Toto
    Who's Crying Now - Journey
    Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
    Babe - Styx
    Take It on the Run - REO Speedwagon
    Dance Hall Days - Wang Chung
    More than a Feeling - Boston

Side Two:
    Africa - Toto
    Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
    Keep on Loving You - REO Speedwagon
    Carry on Wayward Son - Kansas
    Heat of the Moment - Asia
    I Got You - Split Enz
    American Heartbeat - Survivor
    Hold the Line - Toto
  • Options
    You Wreck Me by Tom Petty would be my No. 1
  • Options
    No Easy Way Out - Survivor.

It's such a good driving tune that Rocky IV dedicated and entire driving montage to it. No Rocky fan can listen to this song in a car without staring into the middle distance while remaining inexplicably straight on the road.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Chris Rea wrote 'Driving Home for Christmas' about going back to Middlesborough.

He also wrote 'The Road to Hell' 

Conceptually they are the same song.

I thought the Road to Hell was about the M25?

Which is a bit rich, coming from a Smoggie. If he didn't like it he could always fuck off back to the khazi that is Middlesbrough.
  • Options
    Lyla..... Only in a powerful car
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

It's such a good driving tune that Rocky IV dedicated and entire driving montage to it. No Rocky fan can listen to this song in a car without staring into the middle distance while remaining inexplicably straight on the road.

That's by Robert Tepper I think. Great song, I made a mix full of Rocky and 80s soundtrack stuff when I was training for a half-marathon. Hearts on fiiire!!

• Options
    Trouble is for me, not that I do not not appreciate music when I'm driving, is that the thread title slams of a Top Gear generation/ 70 & 80s soft cock rock/ smashie and nicey syndrome.

Anyways, mine would be Paris Angels , Perfume (all on you)
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

JiMMy 85 said:

That's by Robert Tepper I think. Great song, I made a mix full of Rocky and 80s soundtrack stuff when I was training for a half-marathon. Hearts on fiiire!!

Yes you're right - Burning Heart is impressive as it sums up the plot halfway through the movie, perhaps to help out those too distracted by product placement to follow events. "Is it east versus west, or man against man?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Somewhere I've got an album "American Heartbeat" full of suitable driving songs:

Side One:
    Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
    Rosanna - Toto
    Who's Crying Now - Journey
    Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
    Babe - Styx
    Take It on the Run - REO Speedwagon
    Dance Hall Days - Wang Chung
    More than a Feeling - Boston

Side Two:
    Africa - Toto
    Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
    Keep on Loving You - REO Speedwagon
    Carry on Wayward Son - Kansas
    Heat of the Moment - Asia
    I Got You - Split Enz
    American Heartbeat - Survivor
    Hold the Line - Toto

Among all those huge American bands, nice to see Wang Chung. I saw them as Huang Chung at the Clarendon pub in Hammersmith in 1981, before Geffen changed their name and they emigrated to the States. Good band.