Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

José Manuel Rojas - Spanish centre back ?

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
My Spanish isn't great but we may have signed this guy.

El Charlton Athletic F.C. y el Club Deportivo San Roque de Lepe han llegado a un acuerdo para la incorporación del futbolista José Manuel Rojas Olmedo, “Rojas”, a la disciplina del conjunto londinense.

La operación fue confirmada a lo largo de la mañana de hoy y ha sido posible gracias a la excelente relación entre el club británico y el lepero.

Así, el director deportivo del Charlton Athletic, Jeff Vetere, decidió la incorporación inmediata del ya es futbolista aurinegro, tras su reciente visita al Ciudad de Lepe para ver en acción al sevillano, que desde mañana estará a las órdenes del entrenador de los “Addicks”, Chris Powell.

De esta forma, el Club Deportivo San Roque de Lepe podrá seguir profundizando en el proyecto deportivo que se había propuesto el actual consejo de administración de la entidad lepera.

Comments

• Options
    Charlton Athletic F.C. and Club Deportivo San Roque de Lepe have agreed to incorporate the player Jose Manuel Rojas Olmedo, "Rojas", the London club discipline.

The operation was confirmed throughout the morning and was made possible thanks to the excellent relationship between the British and lepero club.

Thus, the sporting director of Charlton Athletic, Jeff Vetere, decided to include it's immediate aurinegro player, following his recent visit to the city of Lepe to see in action at Seville, which from tomorrow will report to the coach "Addicks "Chris Powell.

Thus, the Club Deportivo San Roque de Lepe will further deepen the sports project is proposed by the current board of directors of the entity Leper.
  • Options
    According to that we have definitely signed him. Good scoop if the piece is accurate.
  • Options
    where did you get this from?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Club Deportivo San Roque de Lepe is a Spanish football team based in Lepe, in the autonomous community of Andalusia. Founded in 1956, it plays in Segunda División B – Group 4, holding home games at Estadio Ciudad de Lepe, with a capacity of 3,500 seats. The club is building a new stadium with a capacity of 60,000.
  • Options
    Some top class free translating above! Where is it from?
  • Options
    where did you get this from?

A Spanish website but I have problems linking now. It's on Huelua en Juego. 

• Options
    Good scoop.  I've stolen it for Twitter. ;-)
  • Options
    Im fluent in Spanish ;) .... joking google translate :)
  • Options
    Its on their website.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope he's better than BigMig.
  • Options
    Rojas and Cort = bye bye Doc ?
  • Options
    24 years old...but how tall is he? lol
  • Options
    interesting this. hmm
  • Options
    So is Doc on his way out ?
  • Options
    1.92 metres is your answer. came through murcia's youth system. Never played higher than 2aB.
  • Options
    i recognised ' jeff vettre, addicks, chris powell'
  • Options
    Isn't he from the club who's stadium we used for the games in spain?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Development squad surely? Has never played for San Roque, but been loaned out to Spanish (equivalent of) non-league sides, different team each season, most recently Real Jaen in Secunda Divison B Group 4. I imagine he'll be a long way off the first team, so don't get too excited.

Secunda Division B is the Spanish third level, but there are four separate regional divisions of 20 teams (ie 80 teams in total at this level) so presumably quality overall is more Conference level?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't like the sound of this
  • Options
    Doubt he will get anywhere near to the first team. Sounds like it is set up to encourage links between the two clubs that Tony Jimenez has a financial interest in and will benefit their players in being over here training with us.
  • Options
    Quick someone look him up on FM!
  • Options
    I don't like the sound of this
    Por va vour?
  • Options
    He looks older than 24. must have had a tough paper round .
  • Options
    Give him a chance . . . . he only got offered the job when he changed his name.  Come on You Rojas!
  • Options
    Quick someone look him up on FM!
    I'm upto 2018 and he's not on it.
  • Options
    The database doesn't go THAT low
  • Options
    I'd imagine 60,000 is a bit opportunistic!  What with Spain's huge property and economic crises, I bet it's somewhat smaller or just never going to be built.  Still if we can pay for a couple of seats good luck to them.
  • Options
    If we have signed him the end for the Doc?,mambo on loan also?.Come on CAFC sign a striker or two.