Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

José Manuel Rojas - Spanish centre back ?

Comments

• Options
    I'd imagine 60,000 is a bit opportunistic!  What with Spain's huge property and economic crises, I bet it's somewhat smaller or just never going to be built.  Still if we can pay for a couple of seats good luck to them.
    Probably build the first tier, and leave the top tier unfinished.......;-)
  • Options
    Great spot, but if you don't speak Spanish how on earth did you come across the article ?
  • Options
    It seemed from Ben Roberts' blog that the management team went to watch the local side train a fair few times, presumably while Green was practicing his juggling and Erol Umut was studying lifts, so I would imagine Powell and Vetere and co have seen this guy more than Pardew ever saw McLeod or Fleetwood or Holden or Dorian Smith or Dickson or Sinclair or...
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    . Never played higher than 2aB.

What height's that in non- metric mate? ;-)
  • Options
    Or.....That danish winger
  • Options
    all managers look for rough diamonds to polish, to take a risk on and hopefully turn in to a real gem, if it aint cost much go for it
  • Options
    It seemed from Ben Roberts' blog that the management team went to watch the local side train a fair few times, presumably while Green was practicing his juggling and Erol Umut was studying lifts, so I would imagine Powell and Vetere and co have seen this guy more than Pardew ever saw McLeod or Fleetwood or Holden or Dorian Smith or Dickson or Sinclair or...

You've forgotten Pardew's big wage investment in Martin Christensen, easy to do when he didn't play for us.
  • Options
    I doubt he will get a sniff of first team action for a long time.  I used to watch a  fair bit of Segunda B (2nd - B)  as Alicante are in this league.   Conference level at best. 

imageimage
  • Options
    why not? Pritchard has shown he is up to the job so why not this guy ?
  • Options
    Isn't this the club that's owned by Tony Jimenez?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes it is
  • Options
    Didnt think you could own more than one club
  • Options

Who says he owns us? ;-)
  • Options
    Good point ;-)
  • Options
    We're owned by the Mysterons
  • Options
    sounds like a punt
  • Options
    sounds like a punt
    bit harsh
  • Options
    Jeez - have you seen his disciplinary record !! In 4 seasons he collected 27 yellow cards & 4 reds !!
  • Options

I thought the rule was you couldn't if they're in the same country???
  • Options
    Jeez - have you seen his disciplinary record !! In 4 seasons he collected 27 yellow cards & 4 reds !!
    Thats why he is called "Rojas".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So in the space of 24 hours we buy the worlds nicest defender and the worlds nastiest...good cop / bad cop stuff!!
  • Options
    yes it is
    Not sure this is correct - according to the clubs website "The top shareholder of Club Deportivo San Roque de Lepe is Maryla Shingler"

Who seems to be a London-based lawyer.

http://translate.google.es/translate?u=http://www.sanroquedelepe.com/sanroque/inicio.php&sl=es&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

She is sat next to Jimenez in the photo and works for a wealth management organization - where have I heard that connection before?
  • Options
    Should it not be Amarillos y Rojas?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    So is Doc on his way out ?
    Yep ... old news :o)
  • Options
    Wikipedia says he's 5 ft 9, which is small for a centre back.

Looks a bit like Llera lol.
  • Options
    Is there another Jose Manuel Rojas who plays in Chile? That is the 5ft 9 player. Who have we signed?
  • Options
    He's not on wikipedia.
  • Options
    He's not on wikipedia.

Clearly he doesnt exist then.
  • Options
    Should it not be Amarillos y Rojas?
    Amarillos y Rojos to be completely correct/pedantic.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Cards don't mean the same in Spain -especially at the lower levels. The refs there get a financial bonus for evry card they give -seriously. There are matches where they even send the tea lady off.